Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

19 year old kid gets EVO MR...

Old 11-16-2004, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh yea!?!? oh yea!??! Well I worked 5694 hours every day since I was 2!!

so F you all! Now give me my damn cookie!

Oh wait i forgot I had a partime job while in my mom's uterus...so i earned my S2000!
Old 11-16-2004, 04:03 PM

Kids are spoiled these days.My Girlfriends cousin has a brand new Yellow Evo and he's only 19 y/o,I had an experience with him in the EVO,one time a Blue Sti passed by and guess what, This stupid ass raced him in cat and mouse in a 35 mph zone going all the way to 105mph before shutting down.Damn these kids..FYI im only 24 ,
Old 11-17-2004, 11:58 AM

wow mav.... wow your parents gave you YOUR shit i pay for 1/2 my car and my gas and 1/2 my insurance. Some parents pay for none of their car, some pay for all of it , im just inbetween. pull your head out of your ass and read.
Old 11-17-2004, 12:05 PM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You pay 1/2 of car, 1/2 insurance, gas, so ing what kid? Your parents still GAVE you an S2000 that you did NOT deserve, otherwise you would be driving a Yugo. Learn how to read between the lines you stupid punk ass bitch.
Old 11-17-2004, 12:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mav,Nov 17 2004, 01:05 PM
You pay 1/2 of car, 1/2 insurance, gas, so ing what kid? Your parents still GAVE you an S2000 that you did NOT deserve, otherwise you would be driving a Yugo. Learn how to read between the lines you stupid punk ass bitch.
You're one to talk considering you're parents gave you everything too

I don't know why you're giving him such a hard time. It's almost like you want him to crash so you can prove your point. The kids got the S, now hopefully he'll be careful, and if he does crash it driving recklessly, well then he's a f#$ng moron.

Personally, I wouldn't give my future kids a high performance car. But what are you going to do, there are parents out there that give in to the whims of their children. It's always been like that..... There are kids out there who are given the brand name clothes, shoes, etc. to be popular, and then there are some parents who buy the cheapest stuff possible (my parents), and in the end I"m happier that that was the case. You learn that you don't need to have hottest stuff to be happy...
Old 11-17-2004, 01:25 PM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pantyraider,Nov 17 2004, 05:40 PM
You're one to talk considering you're parents gave you everything too
I learned the hard way... yet I was grateful. This was a dozen years ago, I'm 30 now, brought my own stuff with my own money, not my dad's.
Old 11-17-2004, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mikko,Nov 15 2004, 11:47 PM
Experience in racing won't help as they lack the judgement to keep within their limits.
I don't agree with that at all. Lots of young people wreck because they don't know their car's limits, and they exceed them without that warning bell going off in their head thinking "I'm going too fast for this situation". Driving schools teach proper cornering techniques, braking techniques, skid techniques, etc. In other words, all the things young drivers think they know but don't.

There will always be incidents of bad judgement, and all of the training in the world won't change those. However, suggesting that major upgrades in driving skills wouldn't make a difference in accident avoidance is silly.
Old 11-17-2004, 03:04 PM

I believe the topic was about if racing training will keep teenagers with race cars from crashing. Not if skid training and tire/car physics would help (of course that would help, especially when slippery).

But, the context I was talking about is: if they are crashing (because of 'too much car') on a trafficated road, they were street racing of some sorts to begin with. Kids should not race around on streets no matter what they are driving. The faster the car, the more likely they will crash when street racing.

The whole 'racing' thing is the judgement I was talking about.
Old 11-17-2004, 06:39 PM

some were mentioning that if somebody paid for their own car they will care for it more and appreciate it more etc. young people will also take good care of their cars and be careful if they were brought up in such a way as to where they are taught to respect and care for their car, and also, they will take care if they will literally be beaten if they ding the body etc.

-Chase
Old 11-17-2004, 06:45 PM

yeah but the majority, not all, who are given cars like that and who get the same car even after they crash them, do not appreciate things they are given...this is the majority, not all..and the parents will give in if they need a new one anyway..classic case of spoiled children

Quick Reply: 19 year old kid gets EVO MR...