Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

19 year old kid gets EVO MR...

Old 11-15-2004, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. WOT,Nov 15 2004, 10:32 AM
Seriously, this particular kid's story is sad, he lost his father, and his mom clearly lacks good judgement.

And to the young kids, who accuse all the older guys of "hating and stereotyping," has it dawned on you yet that we were once your age? We know exactly what idiots you guys are because over time we all learned that we didn't know shit when we were 16, AND NEITHER DO YOU!!
I'm 23 and have had my S2K for 4 years (yes, I pay for everything + insurance). I have to agree with the responses by the 'older' posters. At 16 we really don't know shit. But I think the older people also need to understand that this is the nature of youngsters - they're always going to think that they're being 'hated' on. It's just life, stupid kids will do stupid things. Stupid parents will let their kids do stupid things. Those stupid kids will die earlier doing something...you guessed it - stupid.

It's evolution at its best
Old 11-15-2004, 04:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lets use the word "majority"...
Old 11-15-2004, 05:24 PM

If a 19 year old driving a LS430, I would find it wierd and not matching. But Evo is made for young people who loves to be fast, then what is wrong with it? I am 26 year old and don't own a Evo, but I totally think it is normal for a 19 year old to drive and own an Evo, as long as he loves it and cherish it and not treat it like dirt because he/she could get it easily.
Old 11-15-2004, 05:52 PM

Around here some kid(16) got an S2K from his dad, and crashed it 2 months later.

Needless to say, 3 weeks after the crash, he had another S2K.

I don't understand parents like that.
Old 11-15-2004, 06:24 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm 21 years old. I got the S2k since I was 17, and I do admit that I use to be wreckless. Funny thing was that I was considered the safest in my group of friends. One of my first cars was a 1984 Dodge RAM 350 Van, and damn, that thing was huge. But since it was big, already old, and unreliable, it taught me to drive like a grandma Shortly after the van died, my parents bought another engine for my next car thats been waiting in my backyard - a 1985 Vovlo 240 GL. Aside from having engine problems, badly cracked interior and broken overdrive in the transmission, it was definitely fast enough for me and was my first RWD car . After a few months the Volvo also died, and I ended up getting an Accord V6. Definitely very fast when I got it, and very forgiving, although I never liked cornering hard in it because it was just way too heavy. Another few months fly by, and my S2k comes in, and my dad decides to take the accord as his beater. Yay, we're both happy, and along with my s2k, my dad lets me use our spare '96 dodge ram van that I use everyday for school. I've had the s2k ever since, no problems, no accidents. I'm sure there are others that have probably went through more cars than me by the age of 17, but I do believe that driving several different cars had given me more experience, just enough to realize the s2k is a car you seriously can't fvck with when behind the wheel. And no, even up to this date I'm not even close to full confidence in terms of the s2k's limit. It makes me sad to hear that there are young ones who are overconfident about the limit, only to realize later that a little mistake risks their lives.
Old 11-15-2004, 06:27 PM

All the young guys I know that drive Evos (lots in SoCalEvo.net) have perpetuated the stereotype (ricer fly-bys, blow-off at every opportunity, etc.). It's pretty annoying because I'm 32 and I don't enjoy getting pulled over to be told, "Oh, I expected some kid to be driving..."

If a kid and/or parent can afford to put him/her in an Evo at 18/19, then said parent should be responsible and send the kid to Skip Barber to learn something. Even though I am a pretty experienced driver, I need to go to Skip Barber. Imagine someone with less than 3 years' driving experience?
Old 11-15-2004, 10:47 PM

Experience in racing won't help as they lack the judgement to keep within their limits. For starters, they are street racing. Doesn't that tell you something about their judgement to begin with? Then if their own knowledge of racing can raise their limit is absolutely irellevant, they will possibly just crash harder - as the problem is the judgement more than the racing skills.

18-19 year old with fastest road (real roads/conditions) car you can get is screwed up beyond belief. No one should drive that sort of thing as a passenger car to begin with, and then to give it to someone who will street race, has poorly developed judgement, little traffic experience, etc.. ugh.
Old 11-16-2004, 01:50 PM

wow i really didnt realize how many people post in the matter of 2 days .

keep thinking i wont crash and its a given huh... maybe u guys didnt work 2 summers and 3 hours a day for 2 school years. When you all worked this year when u were 14-17 you will know. It sucks ass but its something you work with, earning your car even just 1/2 of it is what i think will make the difference instead of your parents giving it to you and you crashing it. My judgement in my opinion is fairly good.... and a cute girl or one of my firends convincing me to go faster.. ummm the girls im into are pretty safe.. at least the ones around here they encourage me to go "the speed limit" and my friends know my limitations. the cars i have driven include my saab 175hp a 2003 jetta, a 1990 300zx 300hp which my friend owns, a '89 rx7 and a 3000gt vr4. These are owned by some of my friends who are about a year older. I dont know about where you guys live but over here in naperville... illinois, by chicago there isnt a whole lot of things that happen. crashes resulting in slipping in teh rain becuase you didnt anticipate the ground being slippery, running red lights, or just being careless. There's a high chance that i will crash but looking at my friends who drive high performance cars i'm more careful, and have more self control than them and they have had their cars 1- 2 years without so much as having their hood keyed. "well there might be that chance that a semi could hit u" . yea there is when its other people's mistake. possibly another teen's but that could happen to anyone.
Old 11-16-2004, 02:08 PM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OoH_CoW,Nov 16 2004, 06:50 PM
maybe u guys didnt work 2 summers and 3 hours a day for 2 school years. When you all worked this year when u were 14-17 you will know. It sucks ass but its something you work with, earning your car even just 1/2 of it is what i think will make the difference instead of your parents giving it to you and you crashing it.
And you want a cookie?

I bagged groceries and worked as a busboy in Johnny Rockets when I was 16. Later I worked as a summer camp counselor 9 hours / day Monday to Friday when I was 18.

My dad brought me an used Civic HB as my first car, then a new Civic Coupe, then a Celica, then a BMW 3 Series Convertible. I was grateful but I never felt I earned it. These were my cars but not really, truly mine since I didn't pay for any of them.

You didn't earn shit. Your parents gave it to you.
Old 11-16-2004, 02:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bagged groceries and worked as a busboy in Johnny Rockets when I was 16. Later I worked as a summer camp counselor 9 hours / day Monday to Friday when I was 18.

My dad brought me an used Civic HB as my first car, then a new Civic Coupe, then a Celica, then a BMW 3 Series Convertible. I was grateful but I never felt I earned it. These were my cars but not really, truly mine since I didn't pay for any of them.
what...u want a cookie? i worked at my parents freaking beauty supply store selling shampoos and hair dyes ever since i was 15...every freaking day after school and you know what? i just got home from my long day work (im 20) at the same store...after high school, i've worked there 1 whole year, mon-sat. 9am-7:30pm for a whole year and now...(im in college) i fit my classes according to when the business is busy...(school: mon.&wed. 10am-10pm) and the rest i work there again.

best of all...i've been getting paid since about 17-18...wanna know how much? less than $3 punk now stop crying/whining...i dare you to come up w/something worse than my past 5 years of hell.

Quick Reply: 19 year old kid gets EVO MR...