Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

19 year old kid gets EVO MR...

Old 11-15-2004, 09:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you missed my point. i was able to drive just as recklessy with my POS then my buddies with mustangs and 3000gt's and whatever else they had
i see what youre saying but i think kids driving fast cars almost have a propensity to get into accidents...the chances of a kid driving a z06 m3 s2k what have you getting into an accident are much higher than a kid driving a civic or corrolla or golf...the desire to attempt to exploit a sports cars full potential to show off to others, retardely try to race other cars on the highway, or whatever, is much much greater in a sports car than a pos econo box
Old 11-15-2004, 09:41 AM

[QUOTE=Dizings2k,Nov 15 2004, 04:38 PM] Im 17 Years old and I have an S2k and Wrx.
Old 11-15-2004, 10:09 AM

No parent should buy their kids a 40k car period. Even if they have the money to do so. Its just not smart. Invest the money into their education, not a car. Give them a beater that they can drive to and from school.

I read the statement like: "I'm 18 and can go into a dealership right now and pay for the car." No you can't. NO 18 year old I know has the kind of money or the credit to go into a dealership and outright buy a new car. And any 18 year old that has 40k saved up did not actually EARN the 40k, they were GIVEN the 40k. Very different than working at McDonalds for 20 years before you actually EARNED the 40k...
Old 11-15-2004, 10:49 AM

Dizings2k, the fact that you admit it puts you ahead in the game. Be safe, and expect the unexpected. That goes for all of us. (it's just that more of us older guys think that way, comparatively speaking)

I disagree with Steve that who bought the car doesn't matter. I think financial responsibility has a huge effect. Not just the cost of replacing the car, but the cost of legal fees, insurance, insurance surcharges, etc. When it's your wallet, you always think twice about taking that drag race challenge, or diving into that blind corner, etc. If that kid who crashed his WRX into the house had been forced to pay after his first street racing accident, chances are he wouldn't have had a second.
Old 11-15-2004, 11:14 AM

hi

19 years old, 20k mi and 2 years

still ain't dead

some parking scratches tho, im pretty bad with that...and some tickets
Old 11-15-2004, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by FooF,Nov 15 2004, 06:14 PM
hi

19 years old, 20k mi and 2 years

still ain't dead

some parking scratches tho, im pretty bad with that...and some tickets
thanks for updating all of us on who you are BUT i don't get your point....
Old 11-15-2004, 12:41 PM

I sympathize with the kid. It was for sure his fault, but it sure still sucks! I've bought and paid off two cars on my own now at the age of 21, a 71 stingray and my 02 S2000. When i was 19 I lost the ass end of the s2000 at 65 and it resulted in almost 5k in damage. I'm not even an aggressive driver..... i was driving some friends around and fell for the peer pressure... no shit Anyhow, i think you really behave differently after your first accident, especially if it was all your fault. Things tend to take a new meaning, at least if your smart. Then again, if you were really smart you wouldn't have wrecked in the first place! I'm big into autocrossing now, which provides an excellent outlet for my built up speed!
Old 11-15-2004, 01:05 PM

You
Old 11-15-2004, 01:24 PM

I'm 20, owned 4 cars so far. 98 civic which I did a B16 swap into that my parents paid for the car itself and once small accident on that. 1991 240sx that I paid for to crash it (by that I mean learn RWD and as much as I could ) since it was damaged already. Bought another 1991 240sx and paid for all but the taxes (i ended up a little short ) and crashed that 2 times in one week because my rear tires had the steel showing and I was too broke and lazy to buy new ones (ya, I was a f-ing genious on that one ). Got new tires, learned how to actually drive decently (I have very high expectations for driving...so my good would probably be your OMG SUPER DOOPER! ). Then I felt like I was good enough to drive a S2000 and bought the S2000. I was gonna get a new one but my parents wanted me to get a new one and gave me money to pay for the difference. I paid for all of the stuff I put on my car. I still drive aggressively in a sports car and ONLY a sports car. There is just something else about driving a sports car that will make you drive it hard and it doesn't matter if you've paid for it or not. Only now that I'm getting older I can control myself better than before.
Old 11-15-2004, 01:33 PM

Received 1,566 Likes on 1,437 Posts

If you search around, you'll find my post on how I spun my new s2k in the rain. I've been careful, but still not careful enough.

Track days FORCE you to learn your car.

If I were 16, I'd get a GTI, Civic Si, Miata, and LEARN how to REALLY drive. No, you won't beat your friends with the $$$ toys in the street drags (you're an idiot if you play along anyway), but you'll be well on your way to having full control of a car, which will impress the S**T out of your friends with all the cashola.

Either that, or buy a POS and call a stockbroker. . . you'll thank yourself later.

Quick Reply: 19 year old kid gets EVO MR...