Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

19 year old kid gets EVO MR...

Old 11-15-2004, 07:17 AM
rai

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

This is the only pic I've seen
Old 11-15-2004, 08:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont know why you guys think its such a big deal to let a little high school kid get a high performance sports car...when i was in high school (and of course stupid) i drove a peice of shit hand me down car that had like 160HP but let me tell you, that 160HP car could eventually get up to 100mph too just like a 460HP car. And of course I was a retard with it. I am so happy I lived through those first two driving years. Basically the point I am trying to get across is that it doesn not matter if the kid has a 160 or 460 HP car, he's most likely gonna be an idiot with it and crash it. I for one am not even gonna let my kid get a car until he is out of high school. Tough shit.
Old 11-15-2004, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by scotchtape,Nov 15 2004, 01:10 PM
i dont know why you guys think its such a big deal to let a little high school kid get a high performance sports car...when i was in high school (and of course stupid) i drove a peice of shit hand me down car that had like 160HP but let me tell you, that 160HP car could eventually get up to 100mph too just like a 460HP car. And of course I was a retard with it. I am so happy I lived through those first two driving years. Basically the point I am trying to get across is that it doesn not matter if the kid has a 160 or 460 HP car, he's most likely gonna be an idiot with it and crash it. I for one am not even gonna let my kid get a car until he is out of high school. Tough shit.
Have you ever been in a fast car? It gets to 100mph a lot faster and more uncontrollably with increased power.
Old 11-15-2004, 08:52 AM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by scotchtape,Nov 15 2004, 01:10 PM
A sports car will get to 100MPH much quicker than a POS grocery getter mobile. The kid won't have the experience, maturity and most likely the ability to control a sports car. Thats the difference.
Old 11-15-2004, 09:29 AM

im 18 and glad i have a slow front wheel drive car...i dont judge driving fun by how fast im going and i think alot of people ,especially young drivers, do..i have just as much fun driving my car as my friends s2k or r32, even though it is nice to be able to accelerate to 60 in under 10 seconds some times...i bought my car myself and pay for my repairs and as a result am more careful with what i do...i have seen people with faster cars ala 300zxtt, my friend with the s2k has had some near misses as well, crash as a result of racing or what have you...i dotn really care if im classified into a certain irresponsible group..oh well..people who get offended by that just fit the mold even more...often times when im driving faster cars im glad mine is slower because i know if i had a faster car i would go faster than i should...and that is what leads to trouble..woohoo for fwd slow cars
Old 11-15-2004, 09:29 AM

you missed my point. i was able to drive just as recklessy with my POS then my buddies with mustangs and 3000gt's and whatever else they had. i dont think ANYONE under 18 should be able to drive.
Old 11-15-2004, 09:31 AM

[QUOTE=scotchtape,Nov 15 2004, 11:10 AM] i dont know why you guys think its such a big deal to let a little high school kid get a high performance sports car...when i was in high school (and of course stupid) i drove a peice of shit hand me down car that had like 160HP but let me tell you, that 160HP car could eventually get up to 100mph too just like a 460HP car. And of course I was a retard with it. I am so happy I lived through those first two driving years. Basically the point I am trying to get across is that it doesn not matter if the kid has a 160 or 460 HP car, he's most likely gonna be an idiot with it and crash it. I for one am not even gonna let my kid get a car until he is out of high school.
Old 11-15-2004, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by scotchtape,Nov 15 2004, 05:10 PM
Did you read the story of how the car crashed? He jammed on the brakes and the rear end stepped out. Most cars today are set up by the factory to understeer in all situations. The MR (or any EVO, or WRX, or Z06 etc for that matter) will indeed swap ends, especially with an inexperienced driver. There, in a nut shell, is how the powerful sports car got him in trouble where a civic or similar vehicle wouldn't have.

I do find the original post on evolution.net quite humerous, people had already (correctly) predicted the outcome by the 3rd post. LOL!! Seriously, this particular kid's story is sad, he lost his father, and his mom clearly lacks good judgement.

And to the young kids, who accuse all the older guys of "hating and stereotyping," has it dawned on you yet that we were once your age? We know exactly what idiots you guys are because over time we all learned that we didn't know shit when we were 16, AND NEITHER DO YOU!!
Old 11-15-2004, 09:36 AM

[QUOTE=Dr. WOT,Nov 15 2004, 04:32 PM] And to the young kids, who accuse all the older guys of "hating and stereotyping," has it dawned on you yet that we were once your age?
Old 11-15-2004, 09:38 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 160 Likes on 98 Posts

Im 17 Years old and I have an S2k and Wrx. Ill admit that sometimes im a dick with both of the cars, friends and I race n stuff. But as far as driving 100 mph down any non highway/crowded/not straight unknown road ive never done and i consider that as dumb as shit! Being an idiot driving is expected of a 17 year old whether or not you are an idiot, people are going to think so. You cant imagine the looks i get when adults see me in the S2k..They look at me like im a total asshole. When you have the highest statistics of crashes DUIs whatever whatever against a particular age group, such as 16-20 yr olds, thats just something that comes with the age. Numbers about the crashes and the age groups dont lie, If 50 year olds had the highest deaths and crash rate then it would be different, everyone would be against 50 year olds getting a fast car. Just like you wouldnt want grandma in a z06. I think its perfectly right for young people like me to be judged as idiot drivers, because most of us are. Theres too many young people who fuk up and crash as compared to those of us who dont take the car for granted and drive like we have a brain in our head. Point being, I have 2 sports cars at 17, I realize im fortunate and if i wrecked both the cars, theyd probably be replaced. Regardless I dont drive like an asshole, but too many people my age drive like an asshole for that to matter. Therefore its okay to me if adults judge me based upon what they see on the roads and what the numbers say.

Quick Reply: 19 year old kid gets EVO MR...