Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

19 year old kid gets EVO MR...

Old 11-14-2004, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some of those people at 350Z.com are like retarded wolves. So some kid gets a fast car and wrecks it. Let's snicker now!
Old 11-14-2004, 01:26 PM

Always exceptions. However a good bit of us get into much more wrecks being so young with such a sports car. OoHwE, instead of buying such a nice sports car why don't you save the $$$ invest it, buy a lesser car and learn to drive with it. A couple years down the road, maybe you can buy yourself something even faster, and take it to the track so you can be rewarded at the track. I mean after all to fully appreciate those car you chose, you need to be a good driver. Do becareful I think your still way over your head.

-Alan
Old 11-14-2004, 11:41 PM

There is still a disconnect between judgement and skill.

With the exception of a certain few teens,

Usually judgement is lacking.
Almost always skill is lacking... even if you're "careful..." there's always the pile of wet leaves or the renegade deer in the middle of the night. Even if it's "not your fault."

More experienced drivers anticipate and avoid accidents.

I'd have my parents commit to the money, put it away in a bank for two years... and buy a beater to smack up. A nice Xterra or Pathfinder... something you don't have to worry about, can eat fries in, take your friends around....

I always wonder... 16 year old kids who ask their parents for 2-seater sports cars before they can drive.... do you not have friends and are you compensating for this?

When I was in high school, we were always cramming as many people into the car as possible! It was fun to hang out together....

I'd take an Xterra packed with friends over an S2000 anyday....
Lucky at this age, I can have both.
Old 11-14-2004, 11:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by OoH_CoW,Nov 14 2004, 06:54 AM
I'm currently 16 years old, just turned 2 days ago. This coming summer I, with the help of my parents, are buying a car. It's come down to either a brand new 2005 s2000, a 2003 z06 vette, Mitsubishi MR, or if I can find a reasonably priced '93-'97 supra.

Am I reading this correctly or is my sleepiness blurring my vision?

This is ridiculous, in a funny way. Only in America, people! Only in America! Where a barely 16 yr-old little infant is bought those sporty cars for, especially the Z06. Both you and your parents should be disciplined by the military for some logics, conducts, principles, common sense, etc. Or just send you guys to the communist militaries and let them deal with you. A 16 yr-old infant driving in a Z06. Now I've heard of everything.
Old 11-15-2004, 05:43 AM

I will chime in as well.

I am 17, and have been through a handfull of vehicles at my tender age. All went away due to mechanical errors and I have never been in a wreck or recieved a ticket (aside from a no muffler ticket on my dime). I have owned a 240sx, Prelude, Bronco,and currently 72' 510.

When i owned the two "sporty" cars I was more prone to do stupid things, but I kept everything in as controlled of an enviroment as possible and I consider myself to be a considerably better than average 17y/o driver.

I would love to have a fast car, but it is the dumbest thing in the world. EVERY friend I know with a fast vehicle has wrecked it or recieved tickets. My dream car is a CRX Si because it is more "fun to drive" than fast.

I dont really have a point, except that by far the most fun I have had in a vehicle is my current datsun 510. It lacks a single color of paint, a muffler, and horsepower, but it sure does make up for it all with the 2 10 inch JL subwoofers jerry-rigged into the back.

Old 11-15-2004, 05:59 AM

i dont wanna sign up...some1 post pics here.
Old 11-15-2004, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by OoH_CoW,Nov 14 2004, 10:54 AM
Hey everyone, this is going to be my first post, I think. I've been lurking around the s2k forums for a while now reading about as much as I can. I'm currently 16 years old, just turned 2 days ago. This coming summer I, with the help of my parents, are buying a car. It's come down to either a brand new 2005 s2000, a 2003 z06 vette, Mitsubishi MR, or if I can find a reasonably priced '93-'97 supra.

The fact is, I think that if you pay for your own car you are less likely to crash it, due to the factor that you payed for it and if you wreck it, it's gone. I am paying half the price of whatever car I get, plus gas. I am fortunate enough to have parents willing to pay half and my insurance. At the age of 15 and 16, It's really hard even to make the 15-16 thousand i need, but it's possible. its true that kids 16-24 cause like 80% of the accidents that happen, but still somewhat steryotyping.
You're gonna crash it. Keep thinking like you wont and it's a given.
Old 11-15-2004, 06:55 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Who paid for the car is of zero importance. Teenagers don't want to hear that they are bad drivers. Every time this topic comes up we have a rash of teens with vast racing experience. Bullshit and also unimportant.

You cannot become a good driver without experience and maturity.
Old 11-15-2004, 07:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

most people are forgetting about the word "majority" or "most". IT IS stereotyping when you are referring to EVERYBODY that is 16 over a few dozens of bad stories...

"some" teens do drive really high end performance cars and "majority" of them are either reckless or inexperienced. there are a good few that take care of their cars and drive safely regardless of the purchaser of the car.

i say keep this story focus onto this particular young driver w/the evo and not other same age group drivers.

Old 11-15-2004, 07:09 AM

just to give some data to this discussion. According to NHTSA and Hospital ER data the incidence of MVA is greatest in the beginning and the end of one's driving carreer. i.e. the most accidents occur in the first 2 -3 years u get a license and in the last 2-3 years you have a license.

For a 16 year old, I would think a civic si or a Celica or a RSX would be a better place to start.

Quick Reply: 19 year old kid gets EVO MR...