Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

07 Si

Old 10-28-2006, 06:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Si

While I am waiting on picking up an S2k I thought I would share my experiences on an 07 Si I bought as a winter "beater".

I am new to VTEC and Honda.

Bought new 10 days ago and have 2300 miles on it and I work full time.
I am middle age.
Prior cars are Supra TT, STI, C5, G35coupe.

I will not use the qualifier "for the price" because it does this car injustice.

At ANY price, this car is a effin BLAST. From the incredibly tuned exhaust note to its balance and feel and to its practicality, Honda does what other car companies cannot do.

It reaches out to you and wants to be driven hard.

It's parts are not impressive- slow to 60 (best I have done without clutch dump is 6.5 secs.), good but not great handling (it is FWD BTW)and certainly in the status department- well I don't think I need to tell you.

But the sum of it all is just raw and fun. I imagine BMW 3 series sedans at one point (20 years ago) were like this.

The best part about this car, and I guess this goes for the whole VTEC experience, is the winding up to 8 grand without the wheeze you get in other cars as they run out of gas after they have hit there HP peak. Again, other cars have the balls down lo and that is great but but there is something cool about letting it hang out to 8 grand from nothing and have the car pull strong.

Old 10-28-2006, 09:40 AM

I see you are waiting to pick up an S2k. I hope that you've had the pleasure of driving one hard. Congrats on your purchase. I've heard that the Si is a fun lil car. Definitely a helluva beater.
Old 10-28-2006, 09:53 AM

Welcome to the S2k/Civic combo family. Props on being able to apprecaite the Si despite having owned some much more powerful cars in the past.

Oh yeah, TTIWWP!
Old 10-28-2006, 11:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you like your Si, take what you love about the Si and times it by 6 and thats what owning a s2k feels like.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:44 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

if you liek the feeling of going to 8 grand, you'll like 9 grand even more.

of course, the current S2K only goes to like 8300.
Old 10-29-2006, 01:18 PM

I really want the sedan version, if i can pick one up at msrp, i wouldn't think twice about pulling the trigger.
Old 10-29-2006, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by DISCO_J,Oct 29 2006, 02:18 PM
I really want the sedan version, if i can pick one up at msrp, i wouldn't think twice about pulling the trigger.
i am trying to convince my wife to let me ditch our 05 TSX for a 07 Si sedan(navi).
Old 10-29-2006, 02:45 PM

Good to hear how positive your Si experience has been. I am considering a four door version as a DD next year.

I have driven the two door version and really thought it was a hoot to drive. No doubt, it's a great bang for the buck!

Enjoy!
Old 10-29-2006, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by versionJDM,Oct 28 2006, 11:22 AM
if you like your Si, take what you love about the Si and times it by 6 and thats what owning a s2k feels like.
Question for you- from your quote it sounds like it would not be overkill to have both Si and S2k?

On paper it seems that the VTEC experience seems to link the Si and S2k and it did cross my mind to wonder do I want to spend $55k for both together that have a "similar" experience. For example, it would make perfect sense to have a Vette and an S2k- experiences are much different. Or to have an Si and a M3- again different experiences.

But when I drove Si and S2k back to back they seem as different as a Vette and a G35 for example.

So unless I hear otherwise I will have both in my garage.
Old 10-29-2006, 03:36 PM
rai

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Great, nice car. you didn't say so I assume it's a coupe. I'm glad to see them making a sedan. Also IMO it's nice to see a car company having the guts to offer not one but two cars (Si and S2000) thaat only come with a MT.

Is there much wheel spin when you take off? The Accord I drove had a lot of wheel spin, but has worse and smaller tires as well as no LSD.

Quick Reply: 07 Si