Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

06 Z4 R6 ENGINE!

Old 01-24-2005, 02:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He says he doesn't want a no compromises car. He then says that if the S2000 wasn't a no compromises car, he'd be more interested in it. He isn't missing the point of the S2000 -- it's not that he doesn't get it, it's that he gets it but it doesn't align with his priorities.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PedalFaster,Jan 24 2005, 05:50 PM
He says he doesn't want a no compromises car. He then says that if the S2000 wasn't a no compromises car, he'd be more interested in it. He isn't missing the point of the S2000 -- it's not that he doesn't get it, it's that he gets it but it doesn't align with his priorities.
Agreed.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:03 PM

He says that we all can't afford a Z4. He doesn't know that MANY on here can absolutely afford a Z4 or even more expensive, yet they CHOOSE not to buy a Z4.

If Z4 is all we wanted, wouldn't we all be driving Z4 2.5 instead because it's closer to S2000's price, since we all can't really afford the 3.0?

He needs to remember this, we don't drive Z4 not because we can't afford them.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by PedalFaster,Jan 24 2005, 03:50 PM
yup...I guess you stated my point better than I did

He says that we all can't afford a Z4.
that's not @ all what I said
of course not everyone chooses to purchase the absolute most expensive car they can...in this thread alone people have offered reasons why they prefer the s2k over another car, so fine
my premise was to the guy whom referred to the z4 as a 'wanna-be' car
stupid statements like that are often espoused by essentially jealous individuals
I did not say(or at least mean to infer) that s2k owners can't afford a z4, as I'm sure many can and just choose not to buy one
I was just refering to that blatantly uninformed comment(though perhaps I should not be so surprised as after all this is a s2000 board...).

If Z4 is all we wanted, wouldn't we all be driving Z4 2.5 instead because it's closer to S2000's price, since we all can't really afford the 3.0?
well the 2.5i is more oriented towards people slightly less interested in performance
hence in this instance it is obviously more applicable to use the 3.0i to compare
likely an individual on a $33k budget may choose the s2k over the 2.5i b/c the s2000 will blow it away, performance wise(especially as it would have to be a bare bones, no option 2.5i @ that price)
an s2000 buyer would(imo) opt for the better performer, be it a, 3.0i, AMG, S, etc

Old 01-24-2005, 05:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ridgeway,Jan 24 2005, 07:48 PM

of course not everyone chooses to purchase the absolute most expensive car they can...in this thread alone people have offered reasons why they prefer the s2k over another car, so fine
stupid statements like that are often espoused by essentially jealous individuals
I did not say(or at least mean to infer) that s2k owners can't afford a z4, as I'm sure many can and just choose not to buy one
I was just refering to that blatantly uninformed comment(though perhaps I should not be so surprised as after all this is a s2000 board...).

well the 2.5i is more oriented towards people slightly less interested in performance
hence in this instance it is obviously more applicable to use the 3.0i to compare
likely an individual on a $33k budget may choose the s2k over the 2.5i b/c the s2000 will blow it away, performance wise(especially as it would have to be a bare bones, no option 2.5i @ that price)
an s2000 buyer would(imo) opt for the better performer, be it a, 3.0i, AMG, S, etc

I am the guy that said it is a soccermom wanna be car. Thats because it is. As far as affording the car, I can without any effort. Believe me, there is no jealousy on my part. But, you should have seen the look on the BMW salesmans face after driving his customers S2000. I saw that look. He WAS jealous. The customer came in to trade in his S2000 for the Z4. He was also quite disappointed when his customer with the S2000 and an older Z3 walked away from the Z4 that I drove because he said it was "soft and uninspiring". But hey, I don't have to drive it. If thats what you are into, thats your business. Just don't ever tell me I am jealous.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ridgeway,Jan 24 2005, 07:48 PM

Oh, by the way, I was at the BMW dealer looking at a new Mini Cooper S this weekend and they had a whole row of Z4's sitting there with $4500 to $6000 discount stickers in the windshields. If you are looking for a new one, you should be able to get a great deal. Seems they cant give them away here.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by GChambers,Jan 24 2005, 10:00 PM
Oh, by the way, I was at the BMW dealer looking at a new Mini Cooper S this weekend and they had a whole row of Z4's sitting there with $4500 to $6000 discount stickers in the windshields. If you are looking for a new one, you should be able to get a great deal. Seems they cant give them away here.
already took advantage of that discount last july thx

on a serious note, z4's aren't moving anywhere
though in its defense roadster sales in general are down, but z4 sales are down more than the average
I suppose both the radical(love it or hate it) styling and the price are driving people to the other ends of the spectrum(S2000 & boxster S). As take a look @ Z3 prices. The current Z4 3.0i msrp's for what the M Roadster did...that coupled with the styling, isn't equaling great sales.

Fortunitly I'm still enjoying my wanna-be car.

Just don't ever tell me I am jealous.
to each their own then, don't think I'm going to win this argument on the s2000 board
/back to the z4 board