Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

06 s2k vs 09 370z

Old 09-28-2009, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

370Z...
and im sure u can negotiate more to get lower price..
Old 09-28-2009, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by s2k>wrx,Sep 28 2009, 05:36 PM
the S on the other hand is a sexy bitch and it feels awsome
you sir are correct!
Old 09-28-2009, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by esp1,Sep 28 2009, 10:37 PM
yeah. . that is exactly why this is such a painful and bittersweet search for a car. . . neither the s2k nor the 370z are near half as fun as my sv650 . . i love that bike.. . my other is the CB-1 by Honda. . . 'lil in-line four, 400 cc sport bike. . .

that being out in the air and the acceleration and all are just so hard to give up. . .

but i got 4 kids n a wife. . .plus traffic in so cal is so crazy. . . sometimes i feel like my number is just around the corner. . .
If you want something closer to the feel of being on a bike, the S2000 will get you that. Thing is, are you okay with revving the piss out of your car, and drive it like you just stole it? That's pretty much what you have to do to get the same "feel" as a bike.

If you loved the SV650, where you get power across the board, torque everywhere, and not having to rev the shit out of it to get any power (unlike the inline-4 engines) then you probably want the 370Z. The 370Z will get you that same feeling as the SV650. Powerful, lots of low-end grunts, torquey, and has that "push you back to your seat" feeling.

If I were to compare the 2 cars to your 2 bikes. The S2000 would be the inline 400cc, and the 370Z would be the SV. Pick whatever you liked more, and then go test drive both to reinforce it.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:00 AM

370Z sounds like sh1t

S2K sounds like sh1zzl1ng hot

Nothing beats a classic convertible roadster like S2K IMO

370Z is newer so it will attract more attention too which I don't like
Old 09-29-2009, 02:14 AM

I hate posts like this they are in 2 totaly different catagories. S2000 4cyl new 370Z V6. How are they even close. Sorry about this rant i just can't stand seeing post like this where people are stuck between 2 totaly different cars and want us to choose wich one is better for them. There is no good answer to this. Tell us what u want the car for and what u like to do. If u like drag and going fast in a straight line and want the newest boy fan car go with the 370Z. If u like a pure sports car feel and fast in turns get the S. Its like comparing a vete to a S2000 should i go with the vete or the S. It all on what u like to do when driving. Like i said if ur the fan boy type get the 370Z. If ur a true enthuist get the S2000 end of thread. But than againg i just really don't like the 370Z there is only one i have seen that i loved and that was in white. Have to say the white is sick on the 370Z. Hope u get the right car for ur need
Old 09-29-2009, 02:29 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 08YellowCR,Sep 29 2009, 02:14 AM
I hate posts like this they are in 2 totaly different catagories. S2000 4cyl new 370Z V6. How are they even close. Sorry about this rant i just can't stand seeing post like this where people are stuck between 2 totaly different cars and want us to choose wich one is better for them. There is no good answer to this. Tell us what u want the car for and what u like to do. If u like drag and going fast in a straight line and want the newest boy fan car go with the 370Z. If u like a pure sports car feel and fast in turns get the S. Its like comparing a vete to a S2000 should i go with the vete or the S. It all on what u like to do when driving. Like i said if ur the fan boy type get the 370Z. If ur a true enthuist get the S2000 end of thread. But than againg i just really don't like the 370Z there is only one i have seen that i loved and that was in white. Have to say the white is sick on the 370Z. Hope u get the right car for ur need
look at the price, demographic and purchasing power of the group, there's tons of cross shopping in the entry level sport car niche.

sounds like you are more brand royal then being objective, the 370 i clearly a better performance car than the aging and freshly terminated S, please don't use the raw thing as an excuse:

my daily driver miata have zero power option(manual top, fabric seat, manual mirror, no cruise, manual top, manual trans, non-power steering) but it doesn't make it the best darn car in the world.

sorry, sounds like nissan keep evolving their game while honda is busy beating the entire acura line with ugly stick
Old 09-29-2009, 05:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by esp1,Sep 28 2009, 04:54 PM
so all this said, and knowing what a biased group you all are. . what would you do ? it's keeping me awake
Same answer as every thread like this. Test drive. If one doesn't stand out then you haven't driven enough, hard enough or looked at the right cars. To me the numbers and the badges don't matter. It's the experience in the seat. YMMV.

Originally Posted by esp1,Sep 28 2009, 04:54 PM
plus its a honda. . .
I.e. better built and more reliable.

As I said, YMMV. Determine your priorities. If the badge is really a deciding factor for you then so be it.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 08YellowCR,Sep 29 2009, 05:14 AM
Get out of here with this nonsense.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 08YellowCR,Sep 29 2009, 02:14 AM
Oh sure. A 370Z was only built for going fast in a straight line right? And an s2000 will walk it on a track correct? People fail to realize the S isn't a great performer for the money anymore (even in the turns). How is buying a Z being a fanboy? How are 2 two seater sports car in a "totally different" category? So much fail here..

to the OP, If i was in your position i'd get the 370 in a heartbeat.

The S is getting old fast...
Old 09-29-2009, 09:07 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

we just had a guy looking, cross shopping 370z vs. S2000. it's a really good thread to read through if you're making the same decision.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...ic=728981&st=0

and agreed with above posts--the test drive should tell you all you need to know. just be sure to get the S into VTEC or you won't "get it."

Quick Reply: 06 s2k vs 09 370z