Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

06 Ridgeline Lease Deal

Old 11-29-2005, 11:33 AM

Received 427 Likes on 238 Posts

Man, these Ridgelines must be stacking up to be leasing them this cheaply!!
Old 11-29-2005, 01:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by QUIKAG,Nov 29 2005, 03:33 PM
Man, these Ridgelines must be stacking up to be leasing them this cheaply!!
Yup, kind of sad too, they are very nice, for the market they were designed for, but they are just not moving out the door. My little country Honda dealer looks like a Ridgeline stockade, they are parked on 3 sides of the building... Honda announced a while back they were slowing down production by several thousand units because they already had several months of stock on hand.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like a good deal. If it suits your needs, go for it!
Old 11-29-2005, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by SgtSaunders,Nov 25 2005, 06:54 PM
Just drove home a Silver RTL w/moonroof for $325/month same terms.

I was about to walk because the Pearl Red wasn't avail and dealer threw in moonroof/mudflaps/underseat storage cabinet for same $ but in Silver.

It really does drive like an Accord. Very un-truckish. Heated leather is a nice feature too.
Oh, you've already got one. Like the Pilot, the Ridgeline does drive like a car and not truck. I think that's why they've both won many magazine awards and people love driving them.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by SanchothePanda,Nov 28 2005, 07:34 PM
The base Ridgeline was going for a 5 year lease iirc @ 12k a year for $179, cheaper than the payments on my 2001 civic This was in San Diego btw
Where I will be there tommorow. I want one to replace my F150
Old 11-29-2005, 03:56 PM

Just an update:

I've driven the Ridgeline for 4 days now and I can't tell you how many people have approached me about the new "truck with a trunk". Somehow my wife was won over when we picked up a 8ft x-mas tree on the way home from dealer and chucked it in the bed (7.5ft diag w/cargo cage). No ropes/no pine-needles inside....etc.

To me, it came to down to value. This is really a great deal Honda has running on the truck. To me, the best part is that it is a Honda. My Honda streak is up to 7 vehicles since 16th B-day.

And on the weekends, the S is in the garage for stress-relief
Old 11-29-2005, 04:51 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice truck Triple, but that color is going to get you some tickets.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by steve c,Nov 29 2005, 08:51 PM
Nice truck Triple, but that color is going to get you some tickets.
Thanks, I love it. I can't wait to get a trailer this winter so I can start towing the S to and from schools. Not that I will actually know the S is back there...

Regarding the red, I do not agree. Maybe if it were a red sports car, but not so much for a red truck, in fact where I live, driving a full-size truck just means I blend in with the other 75% of the vehicles on the roads around here.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:39 AM

Received 427 Likes on 238 Posts

You should get a badge that shows that you're a fireman and you'll never get another ticket again. I do see a relatively high percentage of red personal trucks at fire stations. I guess the guys there like to have a red truck to remind them of their fire engine.

The Titan is a good truck, but it looks like you got about $5k off sticker. You can fairly easily get $10k off sticker on a GM truck, so you could theoretically have had a loaded LT trim level Vortec Max extended cab with the 6.0L 345hp motor for what you paid for your mid-trim Titan. Though, I am not disparaging your purchase. I've test driven a Titan and I do really like the 5-speed automatic and the stock exhaust note!
Old 12-01-2005, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Triple-H,Nov 28 2005, 07:17 AM
The questions I have all boil down to what you are trying to accomplish...
- do you want a Ridgeline because you think it is a good deal?
- do you want a Ridgeline because you want a truck?
- do you want a Ridgeline because it is a Honda?

My needs may be completely opposite of yours, I was looking for some serious towing capacity and a good price, this ruled out the Ridgeline and put me into a Titan. If you don't need such a serior truck the Ridgeline might be the perfect thing for ya, only you really know how you intend to use it. In general terms though, the Ridgeline seems rather pricey to me, I bought my Titan, a $30,500 truck for $25,700 factoring in rebates and a killer deal.

yaddayaddayadda
I love this beast!
I love this truck, I love the simple interior, the size, the way it drives, it's beefiness, tons of torque, japanese.

TOo bad I've had the misfortune of working on some of these things. All kinds of weird stuff happen to these, like on one I had the TPM keep setting off, another the front brake pads were all warped for some reason with only a few K, there were a few other things but I don't remember what they were. Also Consumer Reports recently nominated this truck as the worst in quality? meh

Quick Reply: 06 Ridgeline Lease Deal