Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

06 Civic Hybrid on the Honda web-site

Old 10-17-2005, 09:19 AM
rai

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by gsolman,Oct 17 2005, 08:50 AM
That would be true if doctors, lawyers, architects, and other professionals were unable to get this deduction. Unfortunately they do and we subsidize inefficiency and greenhouse gases through this stupid deduction.

Doctor I worked with got a Cheyenne turbo. Whoo-Hoo he didn't build anything with that bad boy.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:21 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TypeSH,Oct 17 2005, 10:48 AM
I've been considering the automatic EX sedan and the CVT Hybrid since my wife is up for a new car soon. She is in outside sales and travels about 25k miles per year. With a tax credit of ~$2350 it makes the MSRP price <$500 which could easily be made up in gas savings in only a year or two. However the real delta in price will likely be more since the dealers will not be negotiating as much on the Hybrid, especially after the New Year when I suspect demand for the Hybrid will spike.
Personally I like the 5AT over the CVT and I also like the extra 30hp and the sunroof and wheels of the EX better. Royal Blue looks nice and is not offered in the Hybrid so at this point I'm leaning towards the EX. Any thoughts??
The other advantage is the fold down rear seat in the EX.. I have been looking for a new family car and that feature really adds flexibility.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gsolman,Oct 17 2005, 08:50 AM
That would be true if doctors, lawyers, architects, and other professionals were unable to get this deduction. Unfortunately they do and we subsidize inefficiency and greenhouse gases through this stupid deduction.
The deduction isn't stupid, the application and enforcement are.

[Edit] Anyway, back to the Civic Hybrid
Old 10-17-2005, 11:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by b0mbrman,Oct 17 2005, 10:26 AM
Reword part 2 to say "a vehicle used for hauling things for building stuff to sell to other people" and it will probably seem a little less strange to you
Such as Hummer H2.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by TypeSH,Oct 17 2005, 11:48 AM
I've been considering the automatic EX sedan and the CVT Hybrid since my wife is up for a new car soon. She is in outside sales and travels about 25k miles per year. With a tax credit of ~$2350 it makes the MSRP price <$500 which could easily be made up in gas savings in only a year or two. However the real delta in price will likely be more since the dealers will not be negotiating as much on the Hybrid, especially after the New Year when I suspect demand for the Hybrid will spike.
Personally I like the 5AT over the CVT and I also like the extra 30hp and the sunroof and wheels of the EX better. Royal Blue looks nice and is not offered in the Hybrid so at this point I'm leaning towards the EX. Any thoughts??
It all depends on your situation. For me, if I drive to work in a hybrid car, I can bypass all the rush hour traffics by using the HOV lane. The saving in time and aggregation alone is well worth the extra hundreds of dollars I would spend on the hybrid over the regular 5AT one.
Old 10-17-2005, 03:08 PM

Received 118 Likes on 68 Posts

also, you have to consider that some people arnt just buying these cars because it may make sense financially. there are a ton of people who want to eleviate some of the guilt that they feel for damaging the environment. they see this car as a good way to do that.

i am pretty liberal, and i have a hard time swallowing all of the stuff about polution. i'm just trhowing out another example as to why people buy these cars, not saying that i agree,

personally, i would buy one because i would feel as if i am contributing to the growing trend of automakers going hybrid. whether the environmental impact is real or not, i cant see anything bad about reducing our dependency on foreign oil. and its allways nice to encourage the development of new technologies
Old 10-17-2005, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Mr.E.G.,Oct 17 2005, 06:08 PM
also, you have to consider that some people arnt just buying these cars because it may make sense financially. there are a ton of people who want to eleviate some of the guilt that they feel for damaging the environment. they see this car as a good way to do that.

i am pretty liberal, and i have a hard time swallowing all of the stuff about polution. i'm just trhowing out another example as to why people buy these cars, not saying that i agree,

personally, i would buy one because i would feel as if i am contributing to the growing trend of automakers going hybrid. whether the environmental impact is real or not, i cant see anything bad about reducing our dependency on foreign oil. and its allways nice to encourage the development of new technologies
I am a moderate leaning a little to the right, and I agree 100% of what you say.

Old 10-18-2005, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by Christople,Oct 17 2005, 04:10 PM
The only thing I wish the civic had was maybe 2-3 more inches of headroom and I would get it over an accord anyday.
When I sat in one the first time, the headroom was fine. (I'm 6ft)
The second time it was tight till I put the seat height down.
I thought the headroom was excellent for a small car, not to mention you can stuff a couple of people in the back seat reasonably well.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:56 AM

Oh just a reminder for those thinking they will get the TAX CREDIT. If you are going to pay AMT, you cannot file to get this credit.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:36 AM
rai

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by marthafokker,Oct 18 2005, 10:56 AM
Oh just a reminder for those thinking they will get the TAX CREDIT. If you are going to pay AMT, you cannot file to get this credit.
ok that counts me out

Quick Reply: 06 Civic Hybrid on the Honda web-site