Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

'05-06 RSX-S vs. '06 Civic Si

Old 10-17-2005, 04:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '05-06 RSX-S vs. '06 Civic Si

Of course the 2006 Civic Si isn't officially on the road yet (to my knowledge), I am trying to get some insight as to which offers more.

The biggest downside that I can see to the Civic Si is the no leather interior, and looks wise I personally prefer the look of a slammed RSX-S with the OEM kit. But of course I haven't seen an '06 Si slammed with an OEM kit.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:39 PM

I actually saw a new civic today, it looks really nice. Pictures just dont do the car justice.

If you must have leather seats, heated mirrors and/or automatic climate control, then get the RSX. Otherwise, it's a no brainer to get the 06 Si.

Here are the advantages that I see for the Si:
SAFETY:
-Si has the Advanced Compatability Engineering body frame. Will fare better in collisions, especially with bigger cars.
-Si also comes standard with front, side, and side curtain airbags.
-Si has active head restraints and seat belt pretensioners.

FEATURES:
-Si has one touch moonroof.
-Si has more capable sound system (mp3/wma) and higher output. Has digital input for mp3 players. XM radio and digital card reader come with navi. Also has speed sensitive volume control. Lastly, steering wheel has mounted audio controls.
-Si has tilt AND telescope steering wheel.
-Si has a more "unique" instrument cluster. Its looks really nice to me.
-Si can be bought with navi. (a great nav system too)

PERFORMANCE:
-This one is a tossup. The Si is 37(or 44?) lbs heavier than the RSX-s and has 4 less peak hp than the RSX-S. However, the Si has an LSD and a more advanced suspension, which should allow it to handle better than the RSX-s.

I think the Si is easily the better choice.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:09 PM
rai

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

^

Si gets my vote, if given a choice b/t Nav or Leather + heated seats.. I'd take the Nav...

Plus I like a trunk more than a hatch..
Old 10-17-2005, 06:30 PM

i would go with the rsx

civic si, is still a civic no matter what letters they put behind it. honda warrenty vs acura warrenty. honda crap service vs better acura service.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:32 PM

I just bought an 06 RSXS, but if you can stand the dash then I say go for the Si. Only downsides after the look are the DBW throttle and daytime headlamps.

Also, the Si has a balance shaft thrown in the motor. You would think that would suck about 9 horse away, but its only rated 4 fewer.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:44 PM
rai

[QUOTE=yellow2001,Oct 17 2005, 06:30 PM] i would go with the rsx

civic si, is still a civic no matter what letters they put behind it.
Old 10-17-2005, 07:39 PM

I'd go with the Si myself. Better bargain in my opinion since leather seats aren't a must to me. While the Acura service is nice, is that worth the extra $$$$? And as for the Honda vs Acura warranty, once the modding begins, the point is moot.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:14 AM

Coming from someone that has owned the 02 si, 03 type s, and now owns the 06 type s. I say rsx is the only way to cure my illness. The civic is like the ugly girl that you sleep with just to get your rocks off. And the Rsx is the pageant queen that actually knows how to work the middle. I also own the supermodel 05 s2k. I have enough beautiful girls in my life.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:43 AM
rai

Originally Posted by truths2k05,Oct 18 2005, 06:14 AM
The civic is like the ugly girl that you sleep with just to get your rocks off. And the Rsx is the pageant queen that actually knows how to work the middle.
Not to bad mouth the rsx, but it is just a honda. Maybe it's got some better interior trim or what not. But IMO it's a Honda no better.

I guess you can tell yourself the rsx is so much better than the Si, but come in now who are you kidding? They have the same engine and tranny (near enough), the Si has a LSD etc..

Maybe you're thinking the 06 Si is as bad as the 02 Si (which everyone says is/was the worst Si ever).

Not sure about your analogy with the women..do you mean the Si doesn't look good? or are you saying the Si is inferior in any meaningful way to the RSX?

If you're referring to driving experience, power, acceleration, tranny etc.. the 2 cars should be very similar (the Si will probably have the edge in some areas).
Old 10-18-2005, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by yellow2001,Oct 17 2005, 06:30 PM
i would go with the rsx

civic si, is still a civic no matter what letters they put behind it. honda warrenty vs acura warrenty. honda crap service vs better acura service.
Actually I got a better service at the local Honda dealer for my 95 Accord sedan than at the local Acura dealer for my 01 3.2CL.

Quick Reply: '05-06 RSX-S vs. '06 Civic Si