California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

XS S2000 Competition Round 2 The Twilight Event - Sun 4/10 @ SOWS

Old 04-14-2011, 09:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Squirtle
Mike - where's your data from your fastlap? Can you post/email it?
I wanna see the data for the 1:23 lap!
Old 04-14-2011, 09:23 AM

I don't have any data recording equipment :/ I wish I did!
Old 04-14-2011, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by '09S2K
I don't have any data recording equipment :/ I wish I did!
We're talking about other Mike haha =P
Old 04-14-2011, 09:25 AM

Oh not me haha. That's right. I'm Michael

Yeah I'd like to see that 1:23 data as well haha!
Old 04-14-2011, 10:51 AM

^+1 yea Mike show us your data!!
and Ameer did you do your 1:26 this past Sunday? why didn't you join the competition then you could potentially won depending on which class?

I don't think Mike's (Nikkel now) car is having too much body roll... I had the same if not more roll when I was running KWs!
Ameer's photo looks like he is entering the hot pit (judging from the cone being placed at entrance of hot pit) instead of making the last corner, so of course no body roll man rofl
And 6 out on rear rebound is too soft as well...

Now I'm starting to realize that Ameer and Mike K. are simply amazing!
One can tell if a car is not having enough damping just by looking at photos... the other one thinks rubber brake line is better/ safer than SS lines... who taught you guys all that!?!?!?
Old 04-14-2011, 11:16 AM

Yeah you guys need to leave my body roll alone!!
Old 04-14-2011, 11:21 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

1:23? I didn't run a 1:23. That's impossible

@ Mike N.: Stickier tires = more body roll

@ Alex: Stock lines are stainless steel braided... look at the picture. There's braiding in the layers....

@ everyone who heard me bitching about the federals: Had a chat with Emilio... he agrees that I was cooking the tires with too much spin. No more zero counter turn 3 if I want to be able to set up properly for the bowl and the rest of the lap. Maybe I should dial back the power a bit....

I haven't even unpacked my car yet... and I dont think I'm going to until after Sunday.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:26 PM

I think there was an error on the transponder or something that posted that time.

I washed my car the night before, went to the track, and unpacked and washed my car the following day my typical routine

I noticed your exhaust Mike. What else do you have now?
Old 04-14-2011, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by momofoolio
^+1 yea Mike show us your data!!
and Ameer did you do your 1:26 this past Sunday? why didn't you join the competition then you could potentially won depending on which class?

I don't think Mike's (Nikkel now) car is having too much body roll... I had the same if not more roll when I was running KWs!
Ameer's photo looks like he is entering the hot pit (judging from the cone being placed at entrance of hot pit) instead of making the last corner, so of course no body roll man rofl
And 6 out on rear rebound is too soft as well...

Now I'm starting to realize that Ameer and Mike K. are simply amazing!
One can tell if a car is not having enough damping just by looking at photos... the other one thinks rubber brake line is better/ safer than SS lines... who taught you guys all that!?!?!?
lol sorry Alex I think you must have read something I typed incorrectly. (Im thinking the S13 statement?) I didn't mean any offense it was more a joke type thing. I hope I didn't upset you! It's so easy to misinterpret people over the internet these days.

I didn't join the competition Alex because truth be told, 1. I forgot to list up 2. I didnt really run the whole day without a passenger and 3. competition makes me nervous. I tend to push more than I should and it wasn't worth crumpling the car in the chicane for me. If you remember I lost my old AP1 there due to the coolant spill and ever since then I am very hesitant to push (much less compete) at streets. I guess you could call me a scaredy cat I also don't think I would have won in the super modified class, but its all good I still had fun.

As for the photos I have pics of my car on the KW's and I didn't get that much roll Only reason I brought it up was when I was looking at pictures of my car on track with Billy, he mentioned to me that the pictures showed too much roll - and coincidentally I had them on Michaels settings and we switched them to more compression. Billy's a professional driver so I figure his word is good...unless you know something he doesn't?
Old 04-14-2011, 01:08 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't have an exhaust....

shhhh

Quick Reply: XS S2000 Competition Round 2 The Twilight Event - Sun 4/10 @ SOWS