California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

XS S2000 Competition Round 2 The Twilight Event - Sun 4/10 @ SOWS

Old 04-12-2011, 09:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by momofoolio
Originally Posted by Squirtle' timestamp='1302628452' post='20457748
SO ziptieing is doing it right?

No offense but this is not a drift S13 I am driving, about the only thing im okay with ziptieing on this car is the brake line onto the shock body. That's it. Zipties holding my brake lines in place is not in the least bit comforting to me...
don't really get whats ur concern here man
if anything drifting requires more steering input therefore has a higher tendency to wear out lines if weren't installed properly
and yes zip tie brake lines to shock is doing it right because it is preventing the lines from rubbing anything else
would u be suprised to know that i have to zip tie my ap ss lines onto my src shock body?

however in ur current case, stock suspension has brake line brackets and my g-stop kit comes with bracket as well so you don't need to zip tie anything... when you go on to aftermarket coilovers then you will have to zip tie the lines even with the stock rubber lines cuz most coilovers got no brake line brackets either
lol Alex i just realized we are talking aboutn the same thing. I thought you meant you ziptie the line SHUT for some reason. ROFL. Maybe I will just go stainless, what brand are you using atm? Did Darrin do the install?
Old 04-12-2011, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Squirtle
Originally Posted by momofoolio' timestamp='1302629873' post='20457866
[quote name='Squirtle' timestamp='1302628452' post='20457748']
SO ziptieing is doing it right?

No offense but this is not a drift S13 I am driving, about the only thing im okay with ziptieing on this car is the brake line onto the shock body. That's it. Zipties holding my brake lines in place is not in the least bit comforting to me...
don't really get whats ur concern here man
if anything drifting requires more steering input therefore has a higher tendency to wear out lines if weren't installed properly
and yes zip tie brake lines to shock is doing it right because it is preventing the lines from rubbing anything else
would u be suprised to know that i have to zip tie my ap ss lines onto my src shock body?

however in ur current case, stock suspension has brake line brackets and my g-stop kit comes with bracket as well so you don't need to zip tie anything... when you go on to aftermarket coilovers then you will have to zip tie the lines even with the stock rubber lines cuz most coilovers got no brake line brackets either
lol Alex i just realized we are talking aboutn the same thing. I thought you meant you ziptie the line SHUT for some reason. ROFL. Maybe I will just go stainless, what brand are you using atm? Did Darrin do the install?
[/quote]

lol how dare you diss my s13!! it is an awesome machine!!!

anyways this is what i'm selling ==> http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brake...6&autoModClar=
had it on my lbp from feb 10 to oct 10 when i got the ap bbk~

WestEnd does brake jobs of course =)
Old 04-12-2011, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Rubn1out4GudLuk
Had a great time, Traffic was unbearable in the beginner group. Couldn't get a descent run in most sessions. Got passed by a black s2k w/ cf fenders and a crz(wtf was in that thing???).

I was the LBP that F'd up the passenger rear fender among other things.
I didn't know this was you. We played MW2 a little bit when it first came out. Good meeting you.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:56 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubn1out4GudLuk
crz(wtf was in that thing???).
Lowering Springs, semi-gutted, and driver mod.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:59 AM

@ Ameer:

SS lines are fine... just consider them a wear and tear item that needs to be replaced annually.

I don't quite trust them to last a very long time. The SS braiding will catch dirt/sand/clay/whatever, and small movements will cause abrasion...

We don't want another Cale incident to happen. I check my brake lines every time my rims are off.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by psychoazn
@ Ameer:

SS lines are fine... just consider them a wear and tear item that needs to be replaced annually.

I don't quite trust them to last a very long time. The SS braiding will catch dirt/sand/clay/whatever, and small movements will cause abrasion...

We don't want another Cale incident to happen. I check my brake lines every time my rims are off.
Yeah see...this is why I would prefer the OEM. Stupid decisions that effect livelihood
Old 04-12-2011, 11:15 AM

I think part of it has to do with my rally tendencies....
Old 04-12-2011, 01:55 PM

lol mike must be rallying too hardcore cuz ive never had any issues with my lines and i thought i did enough rallying =p
the key is to get a good kit that comes with clear rubber outter tube that protects the braides so no dust issues guys~
Old 04-12-2011, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by momofoolio
lol mike must be rallying too hardcore cuz ive never had any issues with my lines and i thought i did enough rallying =p
the key is to get a good kit that comes with clear rubber outter tube that protects the braides so no dust issues guys~
Then isn't that effectively the same as the stock s2k lines?

Stock line

Credit for pic goes to Rob Robinette (s2ki: robrob). RIP Cale.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:27 PM

nvm I give up!! LOL
if you know the construction of ss lines, you wouldn't say it is the same as oem rubber lines...
you guys just keep on using stock lines ba =)

Quick Reply: XS S2000 Competition Round 2 The Twilight Event - Sun 4/10 @ SOWS