California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

World Cup 2010 South Africa

Old 06-08-2010, 09:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The chance of South Korea, U.S, Mexico winning it all is as good as me winning the lottery.

I'll still be watching the Cups. It's going to be a good one!
Old 06-08-2010, 09:33 AM

Speaking of Korea...you guys heard about this right?

[QUOTE]Coach Kim-Jong Hun named two keepers in his squad with Kim of the Amrokgang club as a reserve numerical option between the sticks with strike power at a premium as the Asians prepare to take on five-time champions Brazil, Ivory Coast and Portugal in Group G.

FIFA ruled there must be three goalkeepers - none of whom may double as an outfield player.

"The squad lists that the teams provided to FIFA by 1 June, 2010 are final and can no longer be changed. On the final lists must be no more than 23 players, three of whom shall be goalkeepers," FIFA said in a statement.

"The only exception is in the case of a serious injury of a player in the list of 23, who could be replaced up until 24 hours before the first match of the team in the competition.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
Related Coverage

Old 06-08-2010, 10:51 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

S. Africa huh.........

I'm just imagining a world cup game going on, later in the parking lot ALL the cars are stolen and everyone ends up stranded at the field.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:54 AM

PDF Schedule....Don't miss a game!!!

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/tournament...ule_3004_en.pdf
Old 06-08-2010, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Hero,Jun 8 2010, 11:54 AM

Do you know what channels the game is broadcasting on besides fox soccer channel?
Old 06-08-2010, 11:13 AM

i believe all games are on ESPN and ABC.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:14 AM

As much as I want the US to win it... they are in a pretty tough group for reasons beyond England. Algeria is crazy! They are a ROUGH team to play, and will try to take that tactic with the US. Look for lots of yellow cards. Slovenia is also no slouch. They did well in the weakest Euro qualification group... and then to eek out that win over Russia was pretty decent... but I doubt that they can bring that form to the WC.

I think that the US squad can dominate, and upset a lot of teams though. I'm not saying that they're going to kill England, but it is possible that they can put together a 2-1 win. The young blood on the team is the exact thing that last campaigns squad needed. '06 saw a bunch of unmotivated, kinda cocky from '02 players come in and get blown up. Not the case this year. If Lando, Findley, Bradley, Buddle, and Jozy can all connect... we'll do great. Sure, I left out Dempsey, because I feel that he does his own things in games anyway... which is kinda a good thing (or he gets way lost). My vote goes to them to get out of the group, and probably play Germany in the round of 16. From there, anything is possible!

My other team to watch is the Ivory Coast. Currently I will be commentating on them through examiner.com (visit link below). I think that they have a GREAT chance to shine this year, even though they are in the 'group of death' AGAIN! Drogba will be fit, but fit enough to hold the team on his shoulders? We'll see I guess. If they can pull out a win over Portugal and North Korea, they will get to the knock out stages (for the first time in their history). They definitely have individual talent (Toure brothers, Kalou, Eboue), but if they cant work together then it will mean nothing.

Thats my WC ramble... visit my site and check out the articles. Hell, subscribe to it if you're feeling generous... otherwise GET READY FOR THE WORLD CUP!!!!! WOOOOHOOOO!!!
http://www.examiner.com/x-52480-Ivory-Coas...otball-Examiner
Old 06-08-2010, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by gCHOW,Jun 8 2010, 12:13 PM
i believe all games are on ESPN and ABC.
thanks. My DVR is going to be full for days!
Old 06-08-2010, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Whitefire818,Jun 8 2010, 11:17 AM
thanks. My DVR is going to be full for days!
ah c'mon! it's only once every 4 years. get up with the rest of us in the middle of the night/ early morning to watch live.

Old 06-08-2010, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Hero,Jun 8 2010, 12:23 PM
ah c'mon! it's only once every 4 years. get up with the rest of us in the middle of the night/ early morning to watch live.
Well I would but I also have work and stuff. Luckily I work at a golf course where I control the TV and can put on the World Cup

Quick Reply: World Cup 2010 South Africa