California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

This is why the country is bankrupt LOL

Old 05-20-2011, 12:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 05TurboS2k
LOL My favorite.

Simple answer NO MORE FOOD STAMPS!

Go to a church if you're hungry. Donations should be a private optional matter not a gov't forced one.

Yeah, read the article. He hasn't done anything illegal, so it is what it is under the current system, but apparently they're working on closing that lotto loophole.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Italia
Originally Posted by mrjulius' timestamp='1305920330' post='20597838
Anyway, I just think the focus of peoples anger is misplaced and it irks me.

Focusing on "welfare queens" that don't even exist anymore (read: Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Act) is just stupid.

I can see reducing pensions, military, or health care, but eliminating welfare is just stupid.

http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/...ding_pie_chart

So penalizing the hard working while rewarding the lazy slobs?
Yes, that is exactly what I mean.

Old 05-20-2011, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Italia
Originally Posted by mrjulius' timestamp='1305920330' post='20597838

Focusing on "welfare queens" that don't even exist anymore (read: Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Act) is just stupid.

I can see reducing pensions, military, or health care, but eliminating welfare is just stupid.

Bear in mind this guy is coming from a position that is prevalent in a country that is about to go bankrupt, AGAIN.

Oh yeah, no more flags on this site.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by herrjr
Originally Posted by Italia' timestamp='1305923798' post='20598058
[quote name='mrjulius' timestamp='1305920330' post='20597838']

Bear in mind this guy is coming from a position that is prevalent in a country that is about to go bankrupt, AGAIN.

Oh yeah, no more flags on this site.
[/quote]

Yuu mean Spain, right?

How about focusing on the countries in the European Union that all have unemployment rates lower than the US?

Like: Finland, Denmark, Germany, Sweden, Austria, Netherlands, Norway, etc.

They all have social services that far exceed what pittance we throw to the poor.

Now what you should do instead of opening your piehole is do some goddamn research or have an original thought of your own. Stop regurgitating foolish catch phrases that mean nothing and have no thought behind them.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:20 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Have you been to finland or sweeden?

Are you big on being charged for EVERY little thing you consume? It's ridiculous. Here is one-ply napkin with your big Mac and one ketchup packet, you want more you'll have to purchase them. OHHHH GREAT!

I'll take my one-ply toilet paper and wipe my ass on the way out the door. Bargain!

Sure we can employee ALL of our nation at $1/hr. Now we're just trading the same dollars around lowering our standards then. No good.

I have a friend from Finland, long story short he prefers America hands down.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:25 PM

Have you been to finland or sweeden?

Are you big on being charged for EVERY little thing you consume? It's ridiculous. Here is one-ply napkin with your big Mac and one ketchup packet, you want more you'll have to purchase them. OHHHH GREAT!

Sure we can employee ALL of our nation at $1/hr. Now we're just trading the same dollars around lowering our standards then. No good.

I have a friend from Finland, long story short he prefers America hands down.
Yes, I have been to Sweden. It is wonderful. Yes, it's more expensive and you're taxed more, but the advantages far outweigh the downsides. I can see a tangible return on my investment; health care coverage for all, excellent public transportation, a feeling of safety.

Your snippet about a Finnish friend makes you sound like a racist that says he has a lot of African-American friends. Your one experience means nothing, nor does mine.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:35 PM

I get why there is targeting and scapegoating of people on welfare or undocumented immigrants. I really do; they are easy to identify and easy to heap the blame on.

However, your position is one of disconnect; you think that you, alone, are wholly responsibl*e for your success, ignoring the fact that your opportunit*y came from the sacrifice, service, labor, and taxes of generation*s before you or people below you. I've noticed that people like you, who are convinced that personal responsibi*lity protects them from everything*, generally are just not equipped to deal with reality. They can't empathize with people who are less fortunate than them, because it's just too inconvenient to realize they might not be so different.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...051702053.html
Old 05-20-2011, 01:41 PM

Good article

Greg will argue that, because the poor are unemployed, they have no reason to be lazy and shop at the 7-Eleven since they have ample time to walk to the grocery store and spend all day comparing prices.

Arguably, they should spend the least, especially when gas is so expensive.

Damn -- I'm getting good at this devil's advocate stuff.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:44 PM

Greg, I'm glad that you think you're personally responsible for all of your own success.

How many implied social services have you tapped into, though?

Just off the top of my head I can think of two; the much maligned public school system where you were laid out a framework of how to think and discipline yourself and parents who decided you were worth raising under a roof (or even if they didn't want to, they still had to, by law).

Those are two things you had to your advantage which some people do not.

How about the kid who grows up in a home with one or two crackhead parents? They didn't ask to be raised that way and probably don't understand why it's a terrible situation for them. Should these people have no societal safety net?

Empathy, man. Not everyone is white, skinny, and generally thought of as having conventional attractiveness. That's you, Greg.

There are barriers everywhere and to dismiss them is just being foolhardy.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by whiteboyjoe2000' timestamp='1305914828' post='20597434
Who cares....there are some christian groups out there that think theres gonna to be a massive series of earthquakes tomarrow that will start the end of the would that will come on october 21 2011. hahahahaha just look up Harold Camping.

Thanks for this important piece of news.

We had no idea.
I was just bringing it up and thought it was funny. You dont have to be a dick. Oh, and stop crying about everything that gets posted here its kinda annoying

Quick Reply: This is why the country is bankrupt LOL