California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Who's thinking about watching the *NEW Passion of Christ* Movie?

Old 02-27-2004, 12:27 AM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Who's thinking about watching the *NEW Passion of Christ* Movie?

What are your opinions and are you going to see it? Seems like the media is saying this Movie is living up to its hype. Jesus (the actor) was strick by lightening during his shoot, and flesh coming off. Ironic?

BC
Old 02-27-2004, 07:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am going to see it on saturday. I am not very religious so perhaps I will be able to view this movie with more of an objective point of view.
Old 02-27-2004, 07:10 AM

im checking it out-also heard about that lightning-MARCUS
Old 02-27-2004, 07:38 AM

Some friends of ours saw it on Tuesday night; we'll probably go some time this weekend.
Old 02-27-2004, 08:04 AM

I saw it Tuesday, it was very good. It was pretty heavy seeing the torture that He went through. You guys should see it. But I am a Christian so maybe I am not being objective. I can say that this rendition was pretty darn close to exactly as the Bible teaches it.
Old 02-27-2004, 08:40 AM

great hype. Hollywood needs to relax.
Old 02-27-2004, 08:54 AM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

I'll try this movie out.

Ryan: Who are you going with and time??
Old 02-27-2004, 09:34 AM

I am going with Dan (the blonde guy) and his girlfriend on sat night
Old 02-27-2004, 10:21 AM

Mike you have a PM
Old 02-27-2004, 10:40 AM

CAUTION: SPOILERS!

I was incredibly disappointed by this movie. It had the opportunity to minister in a completely different way, to bring the story of the Christ to non-believers in a palatable format and to make them curious about Christianity in general. It failed completely to arouse this curiosity, instead getting lost in the depths of visceral reality. It told the story of the Christ in a tangible way and definitely touched the hearts of those who already were believers, because they already know the reasoning and purpose behind the events depicted in the movie.

I think it missed it's mark completely for non believers. The movie got too caught up in the gore and the human suffering to communicate the reasons WHY He died for our sins. The whole point of the story of Christ is not what happened, the point is why it happened. The why is what brings people to believe in Him, not the what. The movie brought forth a semi factual and extremely graphic representation of why, but fails to evangelize because it glosses over the reasons why all of the violence took place and why it HAD to take place, and the benefits believer reap every single day because those terrible events occured.

I certainly walked away with a deeper understanding of the suffering but I don't think it brought me closer in anyway to God, nor do I see evangelistic value to non-believers. I was incredibly disappointed by this movie. It had the opportunity to minister in a completely different way, to bring the story of the Christ to non-believers in a palatable format and to make them curious about Christianity in general. It failed completely to arouse this curiosity, instead getting lost in the depths of visceral reality. It told the story of the Christ in a tangible way and definitely touched the hearts of those who already were believers, because they already know the reasoning and purpose behind the events depicted in the movie.

I think it missed it's mark completely for non believers. The movie got too caught up in the gore and the human suffering to communicate the reasons WHY He died for our sins. The whole point of the story of Christ is not what happened, the point is why it happened. The why is what brings people to believe in Him, not the what. The movie brought forth a semi factual and extremely graphic representation of why, but fails to evangelize because it glosses over the reasons why all of the violence took place and why it HAD to take place, and the benefits believer reap every single day because those terrible events occured.

I certainly walked away with a deeper understanding of the suffering but I don't think it brought me closer in anyway to God, nor do I see evangelistic value to non-believers. This movie does a fantastic job of putting the suffering of Christ into visual and tangible forms and I can see believers getting something out of it from that, but I don't think it deepened my understanding of why he died for our sins.

Quick Reply: Who's thinking about watching the *NEW Passion of Christ* Movie?