Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow looks exactly like my car and I live in that area... Freaking me out
Old 01-27-2014, 02:17 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by MisterNickG
Originally Posted by BlakeKleinCalabrese' timestamp='1390848194' post='22985516
This happened in May 2012 about half a mile away-

http://www.ocregister.com/news/coast...way-crash.html

As far as the "Honda Sedan" mentioned by the article, I think that may just be bad reporting that got the car mixed up. RIP to the passenger and a speedy recovery, this made headlines statewide.
Dang so he was speeding and crossed into the opposite lane..
Just to be clear -- these are two separate incidents. The link mentioned in BKC's post happened in May of 2012 and involved a red S2000. The incident which occurred last night involved a silver S2000. I admit I haven't read every article on line about this most recent incident, but I don't think I saw anyone mention the S2000 was speeding. I could have missed it though.

Regardless, when something like this happens and someone winds up dead, LE does full investigations because they need to attempt to determine if there is any criminal responsibility by anyone involved.

Regarding the safety of the S2000 and comments about it being "dangerous:" ALL cars are dangerous. Walking out your front door is dangerous. NOT walking out your front door is dangerous. Being born is dangerous. LIFE is dangerous. And none of us get out of it alive. People get killed in car crashes every day and all are very tragic and sad. The S2000 is not particularly more dangerous than any other DOT approved car on the road at the time of the vehicle's manufacture.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:46 PM

"Because this is an active criminal investigation, the driver's name is not being released because he is a suspect and has not been arrested," Kravetz said. "The investigation is, of course ongoing, but based on preliminary findings, [the Honda] caused the collision." -Capt. Jason Kravetz

http://www.coastlinepilot.com/news/t...,5018598.story
Old 01-27-2014, 08:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to those involved.

Let this be a remainder of how unforgiving it can be out there. I hope you all enjoy a safe year with your cars.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by BlakeKleinCalabrese
"Because this is an active criminal investigation, the driver's name is not being released because he is a suspect and has not been arrested," Kravetz said. "The investigation is, of course ongoing, but based on preliminary findings, [the Honda] caused the collision." -Capt. Jason Kravetz

Why are you quoting this?
Old 01-27-2014, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by RMurphy

Why are you quoting this?
There appears to be some confusion on how the accident occurred. At this point the S2000 driver is being the held as the RP.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:12 PM

There appears to be some confusion on how the accident occurred. At this point the S2000 driver is being the held as the RP.
Is being what?

Remember that no matter what we see in the papers, if we weren't witnesses, we don't know. And even most witnesses are not terribly reliable. That's why I favor dashcams. And also why I always give the benefit of the doubt in such circumstances.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:34 PM

Is being what?

Remember that no matter what we see in the papers, if we weren't witnesses, we don't know. And even most witnesses are not terribly reliable. That's why I favor dashcams. And also why I always give the benefit of the doubt in such circumstances.
RP=Responsible Party. Correct, I'm just following the stories from the investigation.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:02 PM

RP=Responsible Party. Correct, I'm just following the stories from the investigation.
But according to that quote, he isn't being held.

Someday I hope you get the opportunity to watch up close how witnesses are questioned by police during an investigation. It's a real eye opener. Witnesses are manipulated into saying, and even believing, things that aren't completely accurate. I have stood by and watched officers of the law question people immediately after accidents and their methods are pretty abhorrent, particularly when used on emotionally shaken individuals.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:37 PM

But according to that quote, he isn't being held.

Someday I hope you get the opportunity to watch up close how witnesses are questioned by police during an investigation. It's a real eye opener. Witnesses are manipulated into saying, and even believing, things that aren't completely accurate. I have stood by and watched officers of the law question people immediately after accidents and their methods are pretty abhorrent, particularly when used on emotionally shaken individuals.
I have once or twice witness something like this happen, what you said is well worded. They pressure witnesses in saying what they want to hear. It's not like the movies.. "Here's my card, if you remember anything just give me a call"..

Quick Reply: Who Crashed?