California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Whats wrong with (some) bmw people?

Old 06-30-2010, 11:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aristo 161,Jun 29 2010, 03:03 PM
copied from the DMV.ca site:
Basic Speed Law

22350. No person shall drive a vehicle upon a highway at a speed greater than is reasonable or prudent having due regard for weather, visibility, the traffic on, and the surface and width of, the highway, and in no event at a speed which endangers the safety of persons or property.

its not a quantitative law. bmw's handle fine at speeds of 70 and 85. and so do our cars. although it doesnt mean we need to go that fast, but you do realize some people are just in a hurry sometimes. and it helps if people just cooperate and drive in a much more organized fashion. But, I mean, we are known for having very good traffic laws already. Just compare us to 3/4 of the other contries in the world.

I still stand by my comment tho. And yes basic speed law, but most dirver's are always doing 70mph and more. It also depends where you live, but believe it or not, where I live, 70mph is average

The other day my sister cut her hand and i had to rush home to take her to the hospital. she wasn't in a life threathening situation, but she was going to faint from the blood and she was home alone. So I sped through one highway, going 80 85, and this guy in an accord is on the left lane of a 2 lane highway, with a car at equal speed on his right. Before im 500 ft from him i hazard and then flash him, so that he notices i'm coming up fast, and he looked like he was going just as fast as the guy next to him. So i dont tailgate him, but i stay close in less then a second of my approach, he sprays his windshield washer fluid and gets it all over my car. i didnt even bother turning on the wipers for this loser. he did it again, and i wasnt even really tailgating him. so then he finally goes to exit and he flicks me off as I pass him. THAT IS A DOUCHEBAG! not even a bmw/prius guy, just some guy who thinks everyone should be like him, and lives in his own little world. Moral of the story is, people just need to realized that others might actually have something urgent they need to get to, and you're just getting in the way. yea... what a douchebag
the basic speed law also applies to the given speed limit.. and last time I checked.. in California... the maximum posted speed limit was 70.

regardless if the avg speed is 100. if the speed limit is 65mph. and i'm doing 65mph in the left lane. I am entitled to be there.

About rushing your sister to the hospital. That is all a matter of point of view. He was probably traveling at the proper speeds and here you are flashing your lights at him. to him you are the douchebag just trying to go fast.. Im not saying I agree with him shooting windshield wiper fluid at you.

And even if say the avg speed is 85mph.. and you go 85mph with everyone else. if a cop pulls you over. are you going to contest that you are just going with the flow of traffic when he gives you a 85mph over 65mph zone? i think not.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:45 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 9000Addiction,Jun 30 2010, 11:37 AM
the basic speed law also applies to the given speed limit.. and last time I checked.. in California... the maximum posted speed limit was 70.

regardless if the avg speed is 100. if the speed limit is 65mph. and i'm doing 65mph in the left lane. I am entitled to be there.

About rushing your sister to the hospital. That is all a matter of point of view. He was probably traveling at the proper speeds and here you are flashing your lights at him. to him you are the douchebag just trying to go fast.. Im not saying I agree with him shooting windshield wiper fluid at you.

And even if say the avg speed is 85mph.. and you go 85mph with everyone else. if a cop pulls you over. are you going to contest that you are just going with the flow of traffic when he gives you a 85mph over 65mph zone? i think not.

9k ftw!!

i drive the speed limit (on the right side of the road always) but its very annoying when some dbag flashes me thinking that he owns all the property 2 miles ahead of him. follow the rules
Old 06-30-2010, 12:09 PM
Banned

I own a BMW, and though I don't approve of some drivers' tactics, I can definitely understand their frustration. If you had to go through the "joys" of owning one of these half-a$$ed disaster buckets you'd be in a constant bad mood too.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by leets,Jun 30 2010, 12:09 PM
I can definitely understand their frustration. If you had to go through the "joys" of owning one of these half-a$$ed disaster buckets you'd be in a constant bad mood too.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by 9000Addiction,Jun 30 2010, 11:37 AM
Old 06-30-2010, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by SoCalAp2,Jun 30 2010, 12:43 PM
i didnt say i would be in the left lane at 65mph... i just said i am entitled to be there. because by law under no circumstances are you allowed to go above the posted speed limit OR violate the basic speed law (which ever is lower)..

but again 100mph avg speed... "everyone is doing it you should do it too"
Old 06-30-2010, 12:51 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I STRONGLY DISAGREE.......

IF you're in the fast lane you BETTER be doing faster than the other lanes, if that is above 70mph then get out of that late.

Go to somewhere like New York... you'll understand how things SHOULD work. It's quite simple, if you are doing 65mph in the left lane, then why not be one lane to the right so that the people who do wish to pass are able to?

It's not about what everyone else is doing, if you are speeding in ANY lane you might get a ticket, however on the east coast you'll be hassled for NOT doing faster than the flow of traffic in the left lane by NYPD.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:51 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

And on that note....

Old 06-30-2010, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by 05TurboS2k,Jun 30 2010, 12:51 PM
I STRONGLY DISAGREE.......

IF you're in the fast lane you BETTER be doing faster than the other lanes, if that is above 70mph then get out of that late.

Go to somewhere like New York... you'll understand how things SHOULD work. It's quite simple, if you are doing 65mph in the left lane, then why not be one lane to the right so that the people who do wish to pass are able to?

It's not about what everyone else is doing, if you are speeding in ANY lane you might get a ticket, however on the east coast you'll be hassled for NOT doing faster than the flow of traffic in the left lane by NYPD.
NY is different then CA..

In NY it is the law that slower traffic MUST drive to the right and you may only pass on the left

CA you can pass on either left or right and the slower traffic to the right is pretty much negated due to that.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:57 PM

^^ those boobs look pointier then the arrow she's shooting...

Quick Reply: Whats wrong with (some) bmw people?