California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Whats wrong with (some) bmw people?

Old 06-29-2010, 10:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=asiantrick,Jun 29 2010, 10:24 AM] It looks the the BMW driver didn't even see the GTI.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SoCalAp2,Jun 29 2010, 10:30 AM
with their BSHHHHH pSSSSShhhhHHHH lol
Old 06-29-2010, 10:55 AM

Any of you guys ever drive in Glendale-Burbank area? Aye
Old 06-29-2010, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by aristo 161,Jun 28 2010, 09:30 PM
not be on their side, and I despise bimmer ricers, but sounds to me like you're in the fast lane blocking the faster cars.
by law, the faster traffic must pass on the left, and slower traffic stay to the right. No matter if you're going 70 or 85, i'd probably give you the finger if you blocked me in the fast lane and the rest of the faster cars stuck behind you. I probably wouldnt if you were in your s2k, just cuz. And I don't own a bmw.
Tons of people don't follow the fast lane rules, and it does drive me crazy when they cause a barrier that blocks faster traffic from getting through, or forces them to switch lanes around all the slower cars just to get around. Of course this doesn't apply to the Carpool lane. The diamond lane is a priveledge, and you never need to pull out to let the car behind pass you, the faster car needs to be able to pull of the pass. Although some people mess this up and go out of their way to pull out and let the cars pass, which just contradicts the purpose of the carpool.

Yea im pretty serious about my view on this, and i know when I flick people off they probably don't have a clue why. but maybe they might find the answer sometime...
I think it's legal to pass on the right in California.

For good measure:

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d11/vc21754.htm
Old 06-29-2010, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by chairmnofthboard,Jun 29 2010, 10:55 AM
Any of you guys ever drive in Glendale-Burbank area? Aye
ohhhhh yeah... that is the reason I clicked on this thread!

SoCalAP2: That was my other beef with BMW owners... Driving 70+ miles everyday I come across these guys/20 something girls who 'own the road' in their 3 series, not using any form of signal to tell you that they're cutting you off.

And I know that any driver, in any car on the road can be an asshole driver, but I have just come across too many 3 series drivers who are assholes to call it a coincidence.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:46 AM

It's mostly kids in their dads BMW that thinks they own the road. Just like last week on the 101w 4 teenagers in a 750i wanted to race me.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by 9000Addiction,Jun 29 2010, 12:34 AM
no matter going 70 or 85??

you must have forgotten the basic speed law.
yeah he did
Old 06-29-2010, 03:03 PM

copied from the DMV.ca site:
Basic Speed Law

22350. No person shall drive a vehicle upon a highway at a speed greater than is reasonable or prudent having due regard for weather, visibility, the traffic on, and the surface and width of, the highway, and in no event at a speed which endangers the safety of persons or property.

its not a quantitative law. bmw's handle fine at speeds of 70 and 85. and so do our cars. although it doesnt mean we need to go that fast, but you do realize some people are just in a hurry sometimes. and it helps if people just cooperate and drive in a much more organized fashion. But, I mean, we are known for having very good traffic laws already. Just compare us to 3/4 of the other contries in the world.

I still stand by my comment tho. And yes basic speed law, but most dirver's are always doing 70mph and more. It also depends where you live, but believe it or not, where I live, 70mph is average

The other day my sister cut her hand and i had to rush home to take her to the hospital. she wasn't in a life threathening situation, but she was going to faint from the blood and she was home alone. So I sped through one highway, going 80 85, and this guy in an accord is on the left lane of a 2 lane highway, with a car at equal speed on his right. Before im 500 ft from him i hazard and then flash him, so that he notices i'm coming up fast, and he looked like he was going just as fast as the guy next to him. So i dont tailgate him, but i stay close in less then a second of my approach, he sprays his windshield washer fluid and gets it all over my car. i didnt even bother turning on the wipers for this loser. he did it again, and i wasnt even really tailgating him. so then he finally goes to exit and he flicks me off as I pass him. THAT IS A DOUCHEBAG! not even a bmw/prius guy, just some guy who thinks everyone should be like him, and lives in his own little world. Moral of the story is, people just need to realized that others might actually have something urgent they need to get to, and you're just getting in the way. yea... what a douchebag
Old 06-29-2010, 03:03 PM

Cool

oh yea. dont brake check people, because when they do it to me, i almost want to ram them off the road, just like they did it VW guy BTW if that video was taken in asia, i can testify that, oh man, they drive like shhht haha. they don't signal, dont look over their shoulder, if the car fits, it fits, f' you and your space, your comfort space just got shoved up your ash
Old 06-30-2010, 12:19 AM

Just wave him over and kick his ass.

Quick Reply: Whats wrong with (some) bmw people?