California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Whats wrong with (some) bmw people?

Old 06-28-2010, 08:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats wrong with (some) bmw people?

not sure if posted in right place and not ranting, just pointing out

A few weeks ago my parents were driving on the fast lane of the freeway in moderate traffic. The fast lane was going about 75 and other lanes about 70. A BMW driver swerving through traffic changes lanes behind them and starts flashing high beams and honking and sticks his middle finger out. When it opens up the guy takes off (and gets stuck in traffic lol). Whats up with these people =/

Today I drive down the 5 and yet a car pulls up behind me, tailgating me. Yes another BMW... the guy and his friend gives me the finger through the sunroof and when traffic opens up, turns on hazard signals and cuts from the fast lane to the slow lane and then back to the fast lane way ahead. Apparently he slowed down enough and I passed him again (I've been going 85mph the whole time) and I see through my rear view mirror he tails another car and gives the finger again to that person. Then does the same thing and flys in and out of traffic.

I find it ridiculous these people have nothing else to do and endanger others on the road.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:16 PM

my gf has a bmw and she said she would give u the finger 2 lol jk but yeah some bmw owners are tools.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tell me about it.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:30 PM

not be on their side, and I despise bimmer ricers, but sounds to me like you're in the fast lane blocking the faster cars.
by law, the faster traffic must pass on the left, and slower traffic stay to the right. No matter if you're going 70 or 85, i'd probably give you the finger if you blocked me in the fast lane and the rest of the faster cars stuck behind you. I probably wouldnt if you were in your s2k, just cuz. And I don't own a bmw.
Tons of people don't follow the fast lane rules, and it does drive me crazy when they cause a barrier that blocks faster traffic from getting through, or forces them to switch lanes around all the slower cars just to get around. Of course this doesn't apply to the Carpool lane. The diamond lane is a priveledge, and you never need to pull out to let the car behind pass you, the faster car needs to be able to pull of the pass. Although some people mess this up and go out of their way to pull out and let the cars pass, which just contradicts the purpose of the carpool.

Yea im pretty serious about my view on this, and i know when I flick people off they probably don't have a clue why. but maybe they might find the answer sometime...
Old 06-28-2010, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by aristo 161,Jun 28 2010, 08:30 PM
not be on their side, and I despise bimmer ricers, but sounds to me like you're in the fast lane blocking the faster cars.
by law, the faster traffic must pass on the left, and slower traffic stay to the right. No matter if you're going 70 or 85, i'd probably give you the finger if you blocked me in the fast lane and the rest of the faster cars stuck behind you. I probably wouldnt if you were in your s2k, just cuz. And I don't own a bmw.
Tons of people don't follow the fast lane rules, and it does drive me crazy when they cause a barrier that blocks faster traffic from getting through, or forces them to switch lanes around all the slower cars just to get around. Of course this doesn't apply to the Carpool lane. The diamond lane is a priveledge, and you never need to pull out to let the car behind pass you, the faster car needs to be able to pull of the pass. Although some people mess this up and go out of their way to pull out and let the cars pass, which just contradicts the purpose of the carpool.

Yea im pretty serious about my view on this, and i know when I flick people off they probably don't have a clue why. but maybe they might find the answer sometime...
Actually I was going to pull to the next lane right when he got behind me, but he came up so fast and did his actions right off the bat, and the fact it was moderately congested I had to wait til space opened up. He did do it to another car down the road not on the fast lane so I think him and his friend were just F---ing around in his new 1 series lol.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Randizzle88,Jun 28 2010, 08:16 PM
my gf has a bmw and she said she would give u the finger 2 lol jk but yeah some bmw owners are tools.
Haha, actually I do sort of like BMWs (and started to like them more) but these random egotistic owners that ''own the road'' kind of give BMW drivers a bad rep =/
Old 06-28-2010, 08:38 PM

oh yea, i see the situation now. He was just being dangerously fast. ok, this is typical BMW guy with his new car and snobby girlfriend I usually come across the m3/m5 ones, those are the worst
Old 06-28-2010, 08:44 PM
zet

[QUOTE=aristo 161,Jun 28 2010, 08:30 PM]not be on their side, and I despise bimmer ricers, but sounds to me like you're in the fast lane blocking the faster cars.
by law, the faster traffic must pass on the left, and slower traffic stay to the right.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:45 PM

m3/m5 ones are bad but I saw a 7 series with super nice sounding ferrari like exhaust though this guy was going like 70+ on a 40 street or something. Funny thing he kept launching at each of the red lights and we catch up to him on the next light going 40 mph each time LOL...and this happened several times =P

Yea usually I let people pass if I see them coming up to me from a far or in general if possible (I rather let someome pass than tailgate me and risk an accident), just hate those guys that weave in and out and have no patience xD
Old 06-28-2010, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by zet,Jun 28 2010, 08:44 PM
I don't think that's the situation here. And 85 is plenty fast enough even for the fast lane. That's 20mph over the speed limit. I don't think we need people going any faster on a busy freeway anyway. From OP's description, it sounds like the BMW driver was just being a douche.

It happens in all types of cars, not just BMWs. For some reason, I only see Prius drivers acting more douchelike than other drivers though
O yea! I noticed Prius guys drive like the stole the car! haha Hauling ass and not really getting anywhere =P

Quick Reply: Whats wrong with (some) bmw people?