California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

What just happened at the Oscars?

Old 03-08-2010, 02:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i didn't watch, my mind is at peace.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S2Koupe,Mar 8 2010, 02:32 PM
having thought about it, i also think ingloroious was a much better screenplay. besides, HL was adapted from a previous magazine article, im not sure that really should count as original screenplay. i dunno tho. i just dont think ppl wanted to see QT blather on stage....

i dunno, i didnt see the blind side. seemed like a kind of one sided after school special type movie, but perhaps she did a good job? enough to garner respect from "the academy"? there definitely seemed like some heavy hitters on the best female nom list.
I look at best actor and actress pretty objectively. Could the winner be replaced by any of the other nominees in their role and do just as good of job?

No one could have pulled off Julia Childs like Meryl Streep and no one could have played the Countess like Helen Mirren. You're snubbing two of the best actresses in history because everyone fell in love with a feel-good puff piece with a role that twenty other women in Hollywood could have played. It's just outlandish to me to even suggest that Sandra Bullock is a halfway decent actress. She collected a Razzie award the night before for Christ's sake!