California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

What the hell is wrong with people?

Old 12-14-2012, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What the hell is wrong with people?

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/12/14...ool/?hpt=hp_t1

What the hell is wrong with people? What would posses someone to walk into an elementary school and do that?
Old 12-14-2012, 04:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

NEWTOWN, Connecticut (Reuters) - At least 27 people, including children, were killed on Friday when at least one shooter opened fire at an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut, CBS News reported, citing unnamed officials.
The shooter, the father of a student there, was also killed, CBS News reported. The principal and school psychologist were among the dead, CNN said.
There were unconfirmed reports of a second shooter after witnesses reported hearing dozens of shots fired.
Sandy Hook Elementary School teaches children from kindergarten through fourth grade - roughly ages 5 to 10.
"It was horrendous," said parent Brenda Lebinski, who rushed to the school where her daughter is in the third grade. "Everyone was in hysterics - parents, students. There were kids coming out of the school bloodied. I don't know if they were shot, but they were bloodied."
Television images showed police and ambulances at the scene, and parents rushing toward the school. Parents were seen reuniting with their children and taking them home.
(Additional reporting by Dan Burns, Chris Francescani and Paul Thomasch; Editing by Daniel Trotta and Jackie Frank)

pulled this from a link from club rsx..
Old 12-14-2012, 07:30 PM

Old 12-15-2012, 11:51 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya wtf.... some serious sick f@#ks, shooting helpless children like that.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:31 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I cried when i heard this news. A terrible time for such an event, right before the holiday. God bless to those families that are affected. Damn there are some really messed up people in this world.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:54 PM

Very sad. What kind of monster shoots a kid 11 times? I hope politicians realize the problem lays in mental health awareness and treatment apposed to gun control. Either way, remember the victims, not the killer. RIP.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:40 PM

Name:  PnpDv.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  10.0 KB

Apparently they found a motive...mrs lanza was going to hospitalize/send him to a psychological ward against his will. I guess he found out that mommy didn't love him anymore and he snapped.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-19-2012, 08:43 PM

What's wrong with people? Well, this guy was mentally ill so I guess you can say he was out of his mind and probably realized what he did wrong after he calmed down so he shot himself. What bugs me is all the anti-gun nuts saying we need gun control. No, we need to be better at treating mentally ill people. Gun is not the issue. Hell, most serial murderers don't kill using guns. I am not by all means saying everyone should have a gatling gun or a fully automatic machine gun, but trying to limit gun owners with stupid restriction isn't going to stop crimes nor prevent things like this from happening. JMHO.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:05 PM
Ldo

Originally Posted by jlammy
What's wrong with people? Well, this guy was mentally ill so I guess you can say he was out of his mind and probably realized what he did wrong after he calmed down so he shot himself. What bugs me is all the anti-gun nuts saying we need gun control. No, we need to be better at treating mentally ill people. Gun is not the issue. Hell, most serial murderers don't kill using guns. I am not by all means saying everyone should have a gatling gun or a fully automatic machine gun, but trying to limit gun owners with stupid restriction isn't going to stop crimes nor prevent things like this from happening. JMHO.
Gun IS the issue in this tragedy. You have a gun owner who failed to safeguard her collection. Had she been a knife collector instead, it would have been much different.

I understand the kid is a wacko, but I and at least 26 families in CT wish he didn't have the guns that day.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by Ldo
Originally Posted by jlammy' timestamp='1355982211' post='22221115
Gun IS the issue in this tragedy. You have a gun owner who failed to safeguard her collection. Had she been a knife collector instead, it would have been much different.

I understand the kid is a wacko, but I and at least 26 families in CT wish he didn't have the guns that day.
I am confused as to which point you're making. The lady was obviously dead when this happened so there's no way she could have safeguard her collection. On top of that, if in fact she failed to lock up her guns, then wouldn't it be her fault for allowing her mentally unstable son to have access to the first one. Let's say if she was collecting knives and failed to safeguard her collection and he goes on a stabbing spree, would it mean that we have to start controlling knives?

Yes, it's a tragedy, and I wish he didn't have access to those guns or be mentally unstable either, but like you said, there was a gun owner who didn't do what she was supposed to.

Quick Reply: What the hell is wrong with people?