California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

West LA Meet - Malibu Canyons Sunday 1/19/03

Old 01-19-2003, 01:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had a great time, thanks everyone for participating and kuni for leading! Nothing like having cooked brakes for breakfast!
Old 01-19-2003, 03:00 PM

Ditto, it was a great run and I was very impressed with Tuna Canyon.

KT, how was lunch afterwards? I ended up heading back home to meet up with some friends.

I'll have a side of fried pads with melted tires on a bed of curly springs.

Can't wait for those pics/vids.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by KT'S SUZUKA
[B]Had a great time, thanks everyone for participating and kuni for leading!
Old 01-19-2003, 03:01 PM

Yup, it was fun--and scarey at times. Thanks for organizing this KT. Damn, I made myself car sick.
Old 01-19-2003, 04:53 PM

Originally posted by SEVNT4
Ditto, it was a great run and I was very impressed with Tuna Canyon.

KT, how was lunch afterwards? I ended up heading back home to meet up with some friends.

I'll have a side of fried pads with melted tires on a bed of curly springs.

Can't wait for those pics/vids.
SEVNT4, good to see you today -- I agree 100% with what you said. When I got home and looked through some of my pictures of our cars resting after Tuna Canyon, I swear to god, I started smelling cooked brakes, burnt clutches, and sizzling tires. THE BEST SMELL EVER.

Lunch was fine, although expensive as usual. I took the cheapo "freeloader" route as some liked to say -- I ordered water and watched everyone else pay $16 for a couple plates of buffet food. Many thanks goes out to DJ Qube's passenger for the spare brownie!!

Thanks to KT and Kuni for putting this one together. I didn't think I could top the fun I already had at yesterdays Ortega Run, but I did!
Old 01-19-2003, 05:21 PM

Pics & Videos are up at http://www.motive-force.com! I said it before -- I can't seem to get good footage of the best runs cause those are the ones where I need both hands on the steering wheel!!
Old 01-19-2003, 05:52 PM

Steve, likewise! The pics/vids look great! Kekoa, I mentioned this before but you're ride looks sweeet.

docofmind, that exhaust was something else! Gorgeous and it sounded great!

Thanks again to the organizers, I'll definitely wanna do that run again.
Old 01-19-2003, 06:23 PM

I know I drive like a grandma, but hopefully next time, I won't be trailing the group and have a biker cop up my ass!!!!
Old 01-19-2003, 06:37 PM

Man, lucky for you that motorcycle coming from around the corner attracted the CHP's attention. Timing is everything.

Originally posted by Kekoa
I know I drive like a grandma, but hopefully next time, I won't be trailing the group and have a biker cop up my ass!!!!
Old 01-19-2003, 07:16 PM

Received 68 Likes on 39 Posts

What a great run today!

I think that area is one of the best places in the world to drive. Most tracks cannot compete with the roads like Tuna Canyon. It was a great surprise that many of the roads up there have been recently resurfaced, and there are many new guard rails.

I'll go through the video that I shot, but I don't think I got much good footage. I'll let you guys know if I got anything worth saving. The cornering was so severe, and unrelenting that I couldn't watch the camera screen with out getting dizzy. Plus, I couldn't watch the camera and enjoy the ride. Next time I'll mount the cameras, and use the helmetcams.

Thanks, much to SteveUCI for allowing me to ride along in his machine. The Spoon single exhaust is a screamer, and the VTEC really kicks in like a hammer. A couple of times the VTEC crossover broke loose the rear end, but Steve kept everything in control. I think it only kicks like that when the gas pedal is completely on the floor - Nice job, Steve!

I noticed that a couple of the (novice) drivers looked really shell-shocked after the run. You guys should be proud of yourselves for hanging in there, and completing the run. Those roads are dangerous, and we were jamming pretty good through some sections (within legal limits ).

-Pete
Old 01-19-2003, 07:16 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SteveUCI
[B]Pics & Videos are up at http://www.motive-force.com!

Quick Reply: West LA Meet - Malibu Canyons Sunday 1/19/03