California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

WAMU/CHASE credit card fraud

Old 01-23-2009, 09:37 AM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Just cancel the cards. Like m last thread, CHASE/WAMU sucks Donkey.

Just pay cash
Old 01-23-2009, 09:38 AM
Community Organizer

BTW: Good time to check your credit report. Its free.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is really pissing me off
From the call I made the response I received from WAMU was "someone has your information and used your PIN. I'm sorry"

I'm thinking...this is the Fraud Department right?
Aren't they supposed to investigate to determine if fraud has been commited on my account for unauthorized transactions.
Isn't the point of this investigation to remove unauthorized transactions caused by fraudulant activity?
I don't care how this fraud was done. I had my credit card in my hand in California at the time these cash advance transactions were done in New York so why am I being held liable?
Old 01-23-2009, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by leester01' date='Jan 23 2009, 11:59 AM
I call them up and speak to 2 idiots from another country who just weren't making any sense of what they are trying to say.
Outsourcing at its finest. US Bank FTMFW. Always get to speak with someone local, never developing countries.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:31 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by leester01' date='Jan 23 2009, 10:52 AM
This is really pissing me off
From the call I made the response I received from WAMU was "someone has your information and used your PIN. I'm sorry"

I'm thinking...this is the Fraud Department right?
Aren't they supposed to investigate to determine if fraud has been commited on my account for unauthorized transactions.
Isn't the point of this investigation to remove unauthorized transactions caused by fraudulant activity?
I don't care how this fraud was done. I had my credit card in my hand in California at the time these cash advance transactions were done in New York so why am I being held liable?
Fraud Dept is only good if they have employees. With the bailout, and restructuring.. I'd cancel and move somewhere else.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by leester01' date='Jan 23 2009, 09:59 AM
This morning I log onto my account and the charges have been reversed back onto my account.
im kinda confused on this part... are they saying you still owe the advances on the new card?

although, its a hassle to be put on hold, only thing i can think of is that you ask them to transfer you over to another rep, preferably a supervisor, until you get to someone that can actually help you out
Old 01-23-2009, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by winson123' date='Jan 23 2009, 11:59 AM
im kinda confused on this part... are they saying you still owe the advances on the new card?

although, its a hassle to be put on hold, only thing i can think of is that you ask them to transfer you over to another rep, preferably a supervisor, until you get to someone that can actually help you out
Yes,the balance and fraudulant cash advance charges are carried over to the new account number.
Everything's the same only the account number's has changed.
I held for 25 minutes and had to get back to work so I hung up waiting
Old 01-23-2009, 11:28 AM

Here's an update from the call I just made and wasted my entire lunch hour on

I call back an ask to speak to a supervisor or who ever is in charge and was told I need to speak to one of the investigators.

I held for 40 minutes and the investigator picks up.
Basically she tells me I made a call from my home phone number to request my PIN on the same day of these cash advances by providing my address and social sec number.
I tell her I made no such call.
She says according to our records it was verified that the call was made from 818-558-XXXX which is my home number (I have no roomates or people staying over)
The charges will not be reversed.She tells me in order for them to reconsider re-opening my claim I would need to get a copy of my call history from my phone company for Nov 2008 and fax it to them along with a police report. I say fine and hang up the call.

I dig up my Nov. telephone bill and it only shows the amount and long distance calls so I then call my home tel service provider (AT&T) and ask for a detailed statement for Nov.
They tell me they are not able to provide detailed statements!
WTF is wrong with these companies!
I complain and say there must be some way.I then tell her how do detectives look up call records to solve crimes? She places me on hold for 10 minutes and then tells me that I would have to get a court order and call their subpeona telephone number to get this info. F********************ckin hell!
Old 01-23-2009, 11:50 AM
sMk

wow wtf sounds like the world is against you..thats pretty dumb as well that your AT&T wouldnt supply a detailed statement when with cell phone companies(ex. my sprint bill) I can just log on and see everything. I smell a big lawsuit on wamu/jp morgan if your story is correct
Old 01-23-2009, 12:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you tried going to an actual wamu location and talking to one of the account reps?

Quick Reply: WAMU/CHASE credit card fraud