California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

VENT your FRUSTRATION #2

Old 09-04-2003, 11:06 AM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

I walked in to my "2nd" Cousin dental office today to get a crown done for my GF. As we were arriving, I got caught up on the phone speaking to my office, so I decided to sit inside the Car. My GF walks out and says I need to pay in advance before the service can continue. I told her, that I was busy on the phone and that I would take care of the bill Imm. after I'm off the phone. 5 Mins later she came out to the car again and says they want the money now. (Still on the Phone) I walked in, and asked the front office what's the problem. She says She cannot continue to take her in unless all the co-pays are taken care of in advance. I agree with her, because that is by statelaw, but since the dentist and I are 2nd cousins, she would have said "Ok, when you are finished with your call, please come back and pay for the bill." I would have been more than happy to take care of it. But she told us that if we don't pay, then we are going to miss our appointment and pay a late charge and need to resch.

I told her, that if I need to hang up the phone and pay now, that i was going to leave and leave her with a co-pay of 435.00 in which the crown was ordered and ready to be placed on. She told me, "LEAVE".

So I left, and never coming back there again. I will hear from his dad tonight, my parents, and him. His office should be more polite and understanding. She made me feel as if we were outsiders, and non-trustworthy people. Her paycheck is going to be low, and I am sure the owner (my cousin) will have a chit-chat with her. General rules and bylaws, is when a situation cannot be resolved between a patient and front desk, that I higher superior needs to come in, and that's the owner.

Even if he called me back and offered free services, I rather pay my 435.00 to somebody else. Customer Service is important.

BC
Old 09-04-2003, 11:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the new reality. If you have any questions about how the next business generation has been raised, those questions have been answered. It was kind or neat that it was your cousin's office that did it to you.
Old 09-04-2003, 11:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BC - sorry to hear that - sucks!

I have a pretty good dentist in Lake Forest if you want his name. Nice guy. Let me know. Tell Anna that Agata says hi.

On another note - not too frustrated lately. Watch, something's going to happen now that I opened up my big trap!
Old 09-04-2003, 11:37 AM
Community Organizer

Originally posted by FSures
Welcome to the new reality. If you have any questions about how the next business generation has been raised, those questions have been answered. It was kind or neat that it was your cousin's office that did it to you.
Funny that you raise that topic. I am much Younger than my cousin, yet my office don't treat out patients like that.
Pure bad business, he and his office needs a business management class.

BC
Old 09-04-2003, 11:50 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been pissed off at little stuff lately. People in my office are annoying me and I hate the way people who have no ideas in their head talk to themselves for attention. I can't wait to get out, take a brisk drive and toss up some weights in the gym. I have a feeling I will get a relieving soarness tomorrow from all the frustration I take out today. I hate offices like that, my PCP did that to me when her front desk was rude to me for being a little late for an appointment, god they are paid to provide a service and not to be harsh to patients or anyone. If you hate your job so much that you will be that negative towards people then just quit and find a more solitary form of work.
Old 09-04-2003, 12:19 PM
Community Organizer

Old 09-04-2003, 12:31 PM

I probably shouldn't even start.
Old 09-04-2003, 12:45 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

We know your problems, just spill it out in here to get it off your chest. No need to censor...
Old 09-04-2003, 12:58 PM

The differential is just the tip of the iceberg
My problems will quickly fill all of the s2ki's hard disk space and they'll have to shut down s2ki!
Old 09-04-2003, 12:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exactly what I do.

Get mad, go to the gym. Ends up being a good workout.

Quick Reply: VENT your FRUSTRATION #2