Old 06-02-2005, 11:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

go bruins?

i'll probably get murdered for this.

USC MED SCHOOL FOR LIFE! minus the booze now. boo hoo
Old 06-02-2005, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by a4sport,Jun 2 2005, 12:07 AM
Sample added that anyone who is found at future games to have alcohol, be intoxicated or displays unruly behavior will be ejected from the stadium and will lose the privilege of buying tickets to other games.
I guess they better eject the Trojan Marching Band and all it's alumni now. Many a game I marched halftime with a fifth of Southern Comfort tucked into my uniform jacket (or what was left if it by halftime anyways).
Old 06-02-2005, 01:28 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,284 Likes on 989 Posts

That's pretty funny, Matt.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by watermain,Jun 2 2005, 03:36 PM
It's unfortunate that it has come to this, but you are going to see this happen more and more. The fans in the stands of most sporting events have become more unruly within the last several years. This may have more to do with the environment that the particular fans have been raised in, but there is no doubt that the issue is multiplied with the consumption of alcohol.

Most fans are not interested in having a drink or two, they feel they have to get drunk. Drunk in itself is not a bad thing, but it seems that most drunks at sporting events have the compulsion to share their thoughts with every one within a 50-foot radius. And it seems that many of their thoughts are about the officials' parents, how well they can see, how much the opponent can inhale (ie suck), etc. Of course all is said with language that would make a trucker blush. They seem oblivious to the fact that children may be near them. In fact at a sporting event last year, I witnessed the parent of some children shouting things I would never want my children to hear. And this was to a baseball player from an opposing team that was doing nothing more than warming up near us. The children thought it was great. This is their role model showing them how to act. Imagine how these kids will act in 10 years. Like father, like son.

Look what is happening in baseball, fans are actually getting in fights with players! Why have things changed so radically over the last 40 years? Remember when men wore hats and suits to sporting events?

I don't know if banning alcohol will fix the problem, but you have to start somewhere.
WHOW well said ...same her ein Europe..especially in the UK while and after football(soccer) games !
Old 06-02-2005, 02:30 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,284 Likes on 989 Posts

Yeah, Yves, we had that here 10 years ago at Raider games. I think everybody's glad that's over with.