California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

University Insiders: Illegal Immigrants Get Affirmative Action

Old 05-24-2011, 07:31 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I see it wrong on so many levels to give opportunity to one group and not the rest of the world.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 05TurboS2k
I see it wrong on so many levels to give opportunity to one group and not the rest of the world.
Indeed. Nobody here (I think) is against all immigration, but rather, some are opposed to illegal immigration.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by mrjulius
"A crime is a crime" because the law says so.

I didn't know you were such a fan of the law. Better get rid of that turbo lest you be jailed.

Exactly my thoughts.. 05TurboS2k - if your going to support the law and talk about this country so highly then you are also subject to the same criticism. I'm sure the same thing could be (and probably is) said about immigration, the way you look down on C.A.R.B. and not about other laws is hypocritical. I don't care what your reasoning is, a law is a law. You follow them or you don't its as simple as that.

A true patriot in my eyes is someone that follows every law that this country has no matter how mundane it may seem to them, in order to support the better good of the country. Technically we are all immigrants, thats what the United States was built on. We all migrated here together to this new land from our respective country.

Have you ever read the Declaration of Independence?

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

I believe that every person that lives here no matter if they were born here or not should have the opportunity to live a better life, just because there country happens to be within walking distance of mine doesn't mean they should be treated different however! The people being taken in from over-seas as immigrants are treated totally different. On that, I do not agree..

Don't take it personally either, I'm merely expressing my opinion!

-Gavin

Old 05-24-2011, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by TurboViper
Originally Posted by mrjulius' timestamp='1306207238' post='20607975
"A crime is a crime" because the law says so.

I didn't know you were such a fan of the law. Better get rid of that turbo lest you be jailed.

Exactly my thoughts.. 05TurboS2k - if your going to support the law and talk about this country so highly then you are also subject to the same criticism. I'm sure the same thing could be (and probably is) said about immigration, the way you look down on C.A.R.B. and not about other laws is hypocritical. I don't care what your reasoning is, a law is a law. You follow them or you don't its as simple as that.

A true patriot in my eyes is someone that follows every law that this country has no matter how mundane it may seem to them, in order to support the better good of the country. Technically we are all immigrants, thats what the United States was built on. We all migrated here together to this new land from our respective country.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

I believe that every person that lives here no matter if they were born here or not should have the opportunity to live a better life, just because there country happens to be within walking distance of mine doesn't mean they should be treated different however! The people being taken in from over-seas as immigrants are treated totally different. On that, I do not agree..

-Gavin

You are making the same mistake in reasoning that mrjulius has done.

- No, it's not as simple as that. All laws are not equal, and similarly, all crimes aren't as well. Anyone can say that murder is wrong, and they don't have to be completely perfect in law-adherence to do so.

- So, in your eyes, there are no true patriots, and we are all "foreigners."

- Perhaps you've read it, but you clearly did not understand it. What do you think was the definition of the word "men" was that the Founding Fathers had in mind?

- Indeed, it is merely your opinion. All that some of us suggest, is for you to examine your own opinion, and why you hold it.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:14 AM

I feel the same way How come white people always have a better opportunity to get hired over someone who is of color....
Old 05-24-2011, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by StancedS2k' timestamp='1306215395' post='20608326
Greg also smokes weed which is also illegal but yet he doesn't condone illegal activities hahaha thats why everything he post is a bunch of bologna......

Ehh I smoke once or twice a year sure and strongly believe it should be legalized. The same way I feel alcohol should be legal.
just because you think something should be legal doesn't mean you should do it, illegal aliens think they should have a chance to work for a decent wage from all over the world and that's why they flock to America to get that chance

"Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,

With conquering limbs astride from land to land;

Here at our sea-washed, sunset hates shall stand

A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame

Is the imprisoned lighting, and her name

Mother of Exiles. From her beacon hand

Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command

The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she

With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore,

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,

I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
Old 05-24-2011, 09:47 AM

The words on the Statue of Liberty were meant for a rationed amount of immigrants from Europe, and not all of them were allowed to enter this country.

Note that there were no similar words of encouragement proclaimed near or on Angel Island.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by StancedS2k
Originally Posted by 05TurboS2k' timestamp='1306249524' post='20609462
[quote name='StancedS2k' timestamp='1306215395' post='20608326']
Greg also smokes weed which is also illegal but yet he doesn't condone illegal activities hahaha thats why everything he post is a bunch of bologna......

Ehh I smoke once or twice a year sure and strongly believe it should be legalized. The same way I feel alcohol should be legal.
just because you think something should be legal doesn't mean you should do it, illegal aliens think they should have a chance to work for a decent wage from all over the world and that's why they flock to America to get that chance

"Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,

With conquering limbs astride from land to land;

Here at our sea-washed, sunset hates shall stand

A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame

Is the imprisoned lighting, and her name

Mother of Exiles. From her beacon hand

Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command

The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she

With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore,

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,

I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
[/quote]
]

Just so you know, I think we should send the statue of liberty back to France where it belongs and they can repay us for the gift we had to pay for ourselves as well.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by StancedS2k
Originally Posted by 05TurboS2k' timestamp='1306251078' post='20609574
I feel the same way How come white people always have a better opportunity to get hired over someone who is of color....

... are you actually confused on why? This isn't about skin color it's about legal status. You're comparing something completely different.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:58 AM

Gavin, well put, laws,are laws, u cant pick and choose witch u think should or shouldnt be broken,
Gavin I couldnt put it any better,

In the end we are all hipocrates, so stop complaning .

Quick Reply: University Insiders: Illegal Immigrants Get Affirmative Action