California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

University Insiders: Illegal Immigrants Get Affirmative Action

Old 06-01-2011, 12:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Their urban destinations, their numbers, and perhaps a fairly basic human antipathy towards foreigners led to the emergence of a second wave of organized xenophobia. By the 1890s, many Americans, particularly from the ranks of the well-off, white, native-born, considered immigration to pose a serious danger to the nation’s health and security. In 1893 a group of them formed the Immigration Restriction League, and it, along with other similarly inclined organizations, began to press Congress for severe curtailment of foreign immigration."

History repeats itself.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:17 PM

Special report: If Monterrey falls, Mexico falls

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/us_mexico_drugs_monterrey

By engulfing Monterrey, home to some of Latin America's biggest companies and where annual income per capita is double the Mexican average at $17,000, the violence shows just how serious the security crisis has become in Mexico, the world's seventh-largest oil exporter and a major U.S. trade partner.

Almost 40,000 people have died across the country since late 2006, and in Monterrey, the violence has escalated to a level that questions the government's ability to maintain order and ensure the viability of a region that is at the heart of Mexico's ambitions to become a leading world economy.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by herrjr
Special report: If Monterrey falls, Mexico falls

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/us_mexico_drugs_monterrey

By engulfing Monterrey, home to some of Latin America's biggest companies and where annual income per capita is double the Mexican average at $17,000, the violence shows just how serious the security crisis has become in Mexico, the world's seventh-largest oil exporter and a major U.S. trade partner.

Almost 40,000 people have died across the country since late 2006, and in Monterrey, the violence has escalated to a level that questions the government's ability to maintain order and ensure the viability of a region that is at the heart of Mexico's ambitions to become a leading world economy.
Keep trying as the War on Drugs in Mexico is a never-ending battle. It will get worse as US citizens increase drug consumption but in the meantime, Mexico's economy gets stronger even as Mexicans immigrate into this country.

The truth of the matter is that despite your hate for illegals, you reap the many benefits of their labors. Stop complaining and start hoping that Immigration Reform comes sooner as it remains the only viable answer to these issues.

FYI: I'm confident the Dream Act will pass as our vote gets stronger!
Old 06-01-2011, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by skizzo82
haha.. killem all!!!
Yeah!! Who needs a well-kempt lawn anyway!?
Old 06-02-2011, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by cvjoint
Let's see how many times Greg can be disproved in one thread. Consider Bob, an immigrant.

Originally Posted by 05TurboS2k' timestamp='1305920927' post='20597881

How will you feel getting denied because an illegal needs to get in there to have that nice ethnic mix look on the website and you were simply too white. Ridiculous. These kinds of PC quotas are insane.
Bob spoke a different language, was poor, and had a different culture. Bob was never given affirmative action, he was white.

Originally Posted by 05TurboS2k
^ It works! Enjoy free public schools and healthcare, also enjoy quotas in your advantage for college!

AND NOOOOOOOOO TAXESSSSSS!!!!

hurray!
Bob got paid an average of $5 an hour starting at age 14 in U.S. Even minimum wage workers didn't have a net after tax earning as small as Bob's. Bob never used the healthcare system for fear of being deported, often fighting infections the good ole way...waiting it out. Bob's boss one day "if you break your arm, you put it in a bag and take it back home (country) with you"

Why even bother working or trying? Welfare is so much easier! Consider the super nice new apartments ONLY for people on welfare in Corona. You'll live better in a nice new place and not have to work! Duh! What a great answer! Why the hell have I been working so hard to earn a keep?
Bob worked from age 14 (entry year) to present, never collected welfare. Raised $9k out of blackmarket jobs before receiving greencard.

It's easily changed. It could be changed in 6 months to a HUGE degree. Comes down to willingness but the group getting annoyed is quickly growing. Time will come and they'll all be on the bus back home though some will have infested here already.
Bob flew to the U.S.

^ It's not too big to handle, either way the solution is not to give up on it. People in our military not being citizens is ridiculous, how can you trust someone to be loyal when they're not even Americans.
Bob had his car broken into 2 times while illegal, his house once, his bike stolen.

^ It's ok, fear not. Their day is coming and we'll send them home to flood their own nation with uneducated lazy criminals.
Bob is now halfway through a Ph.D. program.

See it irks me that people are still under this impression that these illegals are hard workers. I actually witnessed quite a few on a construction site of malcolm smith motorsports and saw how useless they were. Not only uneducated (as that's not their own fault) but actually taking no pride in their work efforts and slacking any time the boss wasn't looking.
(...)
Bob worked in construction, as well as on the field picking up celery, laid tile, painted buildings, cut molding, installed light fixtures and electrical outlets, worked as driver, hotel cleaner, garage cleaner, pet sitter, gave computer lessons, sold TVs, hotel receptionist, taught discussion sessions in UC. The easiest and most rewarding jobs were done when Bob was legal.

I recognize of course it's not easy for people to put matters that are personal aside and look at it objectively, perhaps nearly impossible in some cases. I simply feel that everyone in the world deserves an equal chance to come here, rather than the people who live the closest simply get to invade. Very wrong imo.
Bob did not invade U.S. but other Europeans did hundreds of years ago. Bob paid $ as a fine for being illegal before receiving green card. Bob cannot collect social security unless he accumulates 40 points of legal SS credits.

Bob is real. Bob does not hate Greg but when Jeremy Clarkson claims Americans mate with vegetables Bob often thinks of Greg.

Yet you fail to see that it is not logical to talk about a whole group, by referring to a sole member of that group. One does not represent all.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:01 AM

Yet you fail to see that it is not logical to talk about a whole group, by referring to a sole member of that group. One does not represent all.
Quite the opposite. If one makes blanketing statements they can be disproved by finding at least one instance in which the assumptions don't hold. My claim was not that every immigrant is like Bob, but that at least one is.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by cvjoint
Originally Posted by herrjr' timestamp='1307028067' post='20641841

Quite the opposite. If one makes blanketing statements they can be disproved by finding at least one instance in which the assumptions don't hold. My claim was not that every immigrant is like Bob, but that at least one is.

Who made what blanketing statement?
My claim was not that every illegal immigrant is like Edwin Ramos, but that some are.
My claim is that illegal aliens cost the state of CA money; they do.
My claim is that anyone who is in the United States without the proper documentation, is an illegal alien, which by definition they are.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:55 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cvjoint' timestamp='1307030476' post='20641996
[quote name='herrjr' timestamp='1307028067' post='20641841']

Who made what blanketing statement?
My claim was not that every illegal immigrant is like Edwin Ramos, but that some are.
My claim is that illegal aliens cost the state of CA money; they do.
My claim is that anyone who is in the United States without the proper documentation, is an illegal alien, which by definition they are.
[/quote]

Yea not seeing a blanket statement there....
Old 06-02-2011, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by hapybrian
Originally Posted by skizzo82' timestamp='1305953903' post='20599311
haha.. killem all!!!
Yeah!! Who needs a well-kempt lawn anyway!?
I do!!!!

Edit: I'll try to make a point that we all reap the benefits of illegal immigration.

I live in a predominantly "white" neighborhood and most of my neighbors employ illegal Mexicans for monthly gardening and pool services. Not Southern Americans, Mexicans. I pay two Mexicans for my gardening and pool services as well.

I would like to know what Herrjr and 05TurboS2k think about most of us employing illegals to do our gardening and pool services because they offer the cheapest prices. Keep in mind we pay them in cash.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by mrjulius
"Their urban destinations, their numbers, and perhaps a fairly basic human antipathy towards foreigners led to the emergence of a second wave of organized xenophobia. By the 1890s, many Americans, particularly from the ranks of the well-off, white, native-born, considered immigration to pose a serious danger to the nation’s health and security. In 1893 a group of them formed the Immigration Restriction League, and it, along with other similarly inclined organizations, began to press Congress for severe curtailment of foreign immigration."

History repeats itself.

Nonsense. I see no action on the part of Congress now that will result in "severe curtailment of foreign immigration." Show me any actual reduction in immigration, whether legal or illegal.

Quick Reply: University Insiders: Illegal Immigrants Get Affirmative Action