California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

University Insiders: Illegal Immigrants Get Affirmative Action

Old 05-26-2011, 08:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ESCALVANTE
For the sake of this thread, I prefer a hard working illegal immigrant to be here in place of a lazy, non contributing citizen.
That would make sense, unless productive citizens realized that they're shouldering the burden of existence for both groups of people, since both groups are incurring costs that are met by them.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:10 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by herrjr
Originally Posted by ESCALVANTE' timestamp='1306369779' post='20616058
For the sake of this thread, I prefer a hard working illegal immigrant to be here in place of a lazy, non contributing citizen.
That would make sense, unless productive citizens realized that they're shouldering the burden of existence for both groups of people, since both groups are incurring costs that are met by them.

annndddd they're starting to.

I'd rather a useless lazy bum American to any illegal. One is a fellow countryman I'm willing to fight and die for the other is nothing at all to me.

It's just as though I had a lazy brother, he's my brother either way, I won't pick a hardworking stranger over him.

Now with that said I'm not fond of any lazy ass people no matter what group they belong to, actually I have a strong distaste for lazy people American or not.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Dave
I just learned that the "Functional Illiteracy" rate in Detroit is 47%.

Basically, 1/2 of Detroit can only read + write in the most primitive level.
Astonishing.
have you seen hardcore pawn?
Old 05-26-2011, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by StancedS2k
Originally Posted by Mr Dave' timestamp='1306368777' post='20615996
I just learned that the "Functional Illiteracy" rate in Detroit is 47%.

Basically, 1/2 of Detroit can only read + write in the most primitive level.
Astonishing.
have you seen hardcore pawn?
HAHAH!!!!!!
Old 05-26-2011, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by 05TurboS2k
I'd rather a useless lazy bum American to any illegal.

I think this is a sad quote, Greg.

You're valuing the random birthplace of an individual over any other measure of his/her worth...
that's just sad.

Their citizenship is flexible...a person can enter the country illegally, but eventually become a proper citizen.
Why do you care so much about this single issue?

People can enter legally and overstay his Visa (Charlie Chaplain, John Lennon...both were deported) or even Arnold Schwarzenegger admitted to overstaying his B-1 visa in his autobiography.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by ESCALVANTE
Bottom line in all this is that immigrants (legal or illegal) are here to stay and the Dream Act WILL pass, eventually.
We'll see about all that. Victory for the preservation of lawfulness and states' rights!

The Supreme Court has sustained Arizona's law that penalizes businesses for hiring workers who are in the United States illegally, rejecting arguments that states have no role in immigration matters.
By a 5-3 vote, the court said Wednesday that federal immigration law gives states the authority to impose sanctions on employers who hire unauthorized workers.
The decision upholding the validity of the 2007 law comes as the state is appealing a ruling that blocked key components of a second, more controversial Arizona immigration enforcement law.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/nation/arti...#ixzz1NULA0hPQ
Old 05-26-2011, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Dave
Originally Posted by 05TurboS2k' timestamp='1306429845' post='20618740

I'd rather a useless lazy bum American to any illegal.
People can enter legally and overstay his Visa (Charlie Chaplain, John Lennon...both were deported) or even Arnold Schwarzenegger admitted to overstaying his B-1 visa in his autobiography.
I've argued with him about this about 4 times in the past and he thinks those "people should be shot or deported." He feels that "federal criminals" should not be allowed any rights in this country. Luckily our law makers do not agree with him.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:50 PM

Good Charlie, John, and Arnold can all GTFO! I'm not protecting them either. I don't believe "oh well this guy did it so it's ok for that guy" is reasonable logic. Nor do I give a shit what color they're from, what language the speak or who they know. They can grab their suit cases and leave.

They should have HUMAN rights not U.S.A. rights because they aren't of the USA. If I break into Russia I don't get any "rights". If I break into Mexico I don't get any either, or Germany or any other half witted country.

As for arguing about this before.... we've never argued about immigration that I can recall.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:00 PM

http://www.immigrationshumancost.org...victims_2.html

CRIME VICTIMS OF ILLEGAL ALIENS

There is an enormous number of Americans who have been harmed by the criminals who pass through the nation's open borders. For that reason, this section can only provide a symbolic tribute to the many unnamed victims who have been killed, raped, robbed, crippled and otherwise personally violated.

It is particularly shocking that even in post-911 America, the government still refuses to protect the people in the most basic ways from the world's terrorists and criminals who enter at will to do as they please. The borders remain a sieve while the human carnage from crime perpetrated from illegal aliens continues to mount. In another stunner of INS malfeasance, the agency often cannot even manage to deport dangerous criminal aliens when they reach the ends of their prison terms.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:06 PM

Illegal immigrants are a factor in the budget gap math
http://articles.latimes.com/2009/feb/02/local/me-cap2

But it hasn't been PC for officeholders to talk about this for years, ever since Gov. Pete Wilson broke his pick waging an aggressive campaign for Proposition 187. That 1994 ballot initiative sought to bar illegal immigrants from most public services, including education. Voters approved the measure overwhelmingly, but it was tossed out by the courts.

Wilson was demonized by Democrats within the Latino community. And many think the Republican Party never has recovered among this rapidly growing slice of the electorate.

So it's not a topic that comes easily to the tongues of politicians, even Republicans.

Besides, most of the policy issues are out of California's hands. The federal government has jurisdiction over the border. Federal law decrees that every child is entitled to attend public school, regardless of immigration status. And every person -- here illegally or not -- must be cared for in hospital emergency rooms.

There were 2.8 million illegal immigrants living in California in 2006, the last year for which there are relatively good figures, according to the nonpartisan Public Policy Institute of California. That represented about 8% of the state's population and roughly a quarter of the nation's illegal immigrants. About 90% of California's illegal immigrants were from Latin America; 65% from Mexico.

There are roughly 19,000 illegal immigrants in state prisons, representing 11% of all inmates. That's costing $970 million during the current fiscal year. The feds kick in a measly $111 million, leaving the state with an $859 million tab.

Schools are the toughest to calculate. Administrators don't ask kids about citizenship status. Anyway, many children of illegal immigrants were born in this country and automatically became U.S. citizens.

If you figure that the children of illegal immigrants attending K-12 schools approximates the proportion of illegal immigrants in the population, the bill currently comes to roughly $4 billion. Most is state money; some local property taxes.

Illegal immigrants aren't entitled to welfare, called CalWORKs. But their citizen children are. Roughly 190,000 kids are receiving welfare checks that pass through their parents. The cost: about $500 million, according to the nonpartisan Legislative Analyst's Office.

Schwarzenegger has proposed removing these children from the welfare rolls after five years. It's part of a broader proposal to also boot off, after five years, the children of U.S. citizens who aren't meeting federal work requirements. There'd be a combined savings of $522 million.

The state is spending $775 million on Medi-Cal healthcare for illegal immigrants, according to the legislative analyst. Of that, $642 million goes into direct benefits. Practically all the rest is paid to counties to administer the program. The feds generally match the state dollar-for-dollar on mandatory programs.

So-called emergency services are the biggest state cost: $536 million. Prenatal care is $59 million. Not counted in the overall total is the cost of baby delivery -- $108 million -- because the newborns aren't illegal immigrants.

The state also pays $47 million for programs that Washington does not require: Non-emergency care (breast and cervical cancer treatment), $25 million; long-term nursing home care, $19 million; abortions, $3 million.

Schwarzenegger has proposed requiring illegal immigrants to requalify every month for Medi-Cal benefits, except pregnancy-related emergencies.

There also are other taxpayer costs -- especially through local governments -- but those are the biggies for the state. Add them all up and the state spends well over $5 billion a year on illegal immigrants and their families.

Too bad there isn't a Margaret Sanger version that will facilitate for this shift into the 21st century.

Quick Reply: University Insiders: Illegal Immigrants Get Affirmative Action