California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Ugh. What a weekend. =(

Old 09-25-2006, 09:39 PM
beb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Ugh. What a weekend. =(

I finally got a vacation. My first 3 days off in a row in like 11 months. Everytime I get a half day/whole day off something goes wrong. Usually at the store...... The POS stop processing cards, employees break things, I dont know, just stuff!

I went to San Fransisco Friday afternoon to hang out with Team Hokori and go to HIN. I had a blast that night.....

Then we get to HIN Saturday early afternoon..... I get a phone call from my friend so I didnt expect anything bad, only from the store do I get worried before picking up.

It turns out my friend got shot in the face friday late night/saturday early morning. He was in critical care.... Ive had friends shot/beat/stabbed but everythings been okay, so I was definately worried but for some reason thought everything would be okay.

An hour later I get a call....... He passed away.... This is the first time Im dealing with death of a friend, actually anyone more than just an acquaintance.

All my friends cheered me up over the weekend and gave me some wise words. So fast forward to today....

Ive been searching papers to try and find out what happened.

Found an article...... That slams him, I dont want to say exactly what - but it was inaccurate. How could that make his family feel!? **** you media, your bullshit has the power to bring down a families honor and make someone who was murdered look like a bad person.

Well guess what...... He and his girlfriend were driving home, he lives about 2 minutes from me.... And he had been shot............ on my ****ing street.

What are the chances!?!? It totally made my heart sink.

I went and bought him a candle and wrote him a note and left it on my block. I want him to know that he will be remembered forever....

I got inside my apt and started thinking, 'Hmm... What is some stupid kid decides to play with the candle and starts a fire!'........ Then within like 2 seconds of that thought, my apt fire alarm went on. If you remember my last rant, there really was a fire! So I boned out to the front of the apt this time and checked on the area with the candle. All good. It turned out to be a false alarm.....

On top of all this, I have soooo much backed up work. The new store got delayed. Some people at work ****ed me over and didnt tell me an investor was coming by. I already talked to this person, there was no point whatsoever for her to come by........ So we didnt have anything new to talk about and that just made me look incredibly unprofessional and incompetent. UGH!

Iono. At this point life sucks. Nothing is going right. So many little things going bad too. Blah. Ive been back one day and I already need another vacation.

At least there are 2 things to look forward to: SEMA and in 2-3 months, Ill get regular hours/days! No more 7 days a week, 11 hr days. Im so excited.

Thanks for letting me vent. So sorry to those who PM, IM or call me and Ive kinda been a bitch. You can kind of see why Ive been in a bad mood.... Sorry!

Old 09-25-2006, 09:39 PM

Aw... we you Beb!!!

[edit] ACK! Typed ^^ before I read your post

Sorry to hear about your friend . Sux that his family and friends are going to have to go through all this heartache . Hope you start to feel better sometime, and that maybe something good can come of this.

Let me know if you need anything.

Old 09-25-2006, 09:46 PM

my condolences to you and your friends family.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very sad I lost a very good friend since the 4th grade to a senseless shooting about a week before we graduated from high school

Violence needs to stop
Old 09-25-2006, 10:01 PM

wow... i guess i'm not only 1 w/ hospital situation..

here my story..

about a week ago. i get a call from my mom saying that my little brother have been acting up a little... he wouldn't eat and he does want $$$.. if my brother doesn't want $$$.... something is definitely really really wrong... i went over on saturday... ask some questions and stuff.. and i found out that he quit his job and he have been taking care of he's girl friend in the hospital. at first, he wouldn't tell us what's wrong w/ her... so i kinda joked around saying "y wouldn't u tell me, she had a butt surgery like me~! hehehe".. so he end up saying that they don't know what's wrong w/ her. she just can't breath by herself. he tells me couple times doctors had to do cpr on her. they did all kinda of tests on her for the past few weeks and found nothing.

after 2 weeks has passed, they end up putting a tube thru her neck and the doctors told my brother that's all they can do. by this time, my brother is getting soo~~ desperate he end up calling our cousin who's a doctor in USC... after doing some blood test, they found out that she have a LUPUS disease.. where your B-cell(white cell, to kill bacteria) gone mad, it end ups killing a good cell. I did some research and found out that there is no cure, but there is some anti-biatic.... so all our family was getting about her health...

i hope she gets well.. soon..

as i get older, i notice ppl die mostly during fall season. sept thru november.. i think it's due to weather change... anyways... stay healthly.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:04 PM

Sorry to hear that Christina.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:05 PM
beb

Wow Young, sorry to hear. That is crazy. Same thing happened to one of my friends, friends a couple months back. She passed away though.

The good die young..........
Old 09-25-2006, 10:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about your friend Beb... my condolences to you and his family
Old 09-25-2006, 10:39 PM

Hope you feel better Beb. My condolences to his family and you. If there's anything I can do to help, just ask!
Old 09-25-2006, 10:42 PM

im soooo sorry beb.

at the end of the school year this past year...my friend got shot and died. he went to a party the night before his SAT. It was a flyer party and he got one and got there around midnight. He got into an arguement with one of the guys at the party who said that they couldn't be there (even though he was technically invited by the flyer). They shot my friend who i had known since 1st grade in the stomach and he died in the parkinglot of the hospital on his way there.

on top of that the newspaper articles and TV said that HE pulled out a gun and shot the other guy in the face which was totally bullshit.

long story short...my life seemed like hell too. i too never dealt with a close friends death and it was extremely hard for me. to this day i still miss my homie. but life does go on with or without people in this world and we have to make the best of everything. keep ya head up girl you are tough you can make it through it. if you ever need anything let me know.

Quick Reply: Ugh. What a weekend. =(