California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

U.S. Census Bureau JOB availability

Old 12-19-2009, 03:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I suspect it's going to be tough-going finding people now -- the Senate/House have both passed UEI extensions as of this morning.
Old 12-19-2009, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

passed this on to a couple friends
Old 01-30-2010, 12:43 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 01-30-2010, 03:56 PM

I gave up looking for a job three years ago. Unemployment pays much better, and if you know how to work the system you can stay on it forever. I even bought my S with unemployment funds. Go Bama! I just want to say thank you to all of you who pay my way, lord knows I dont want to do it

Old 01-30-2010, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by don2007,Jan 30 2010, 05:56 PM
I gave up looking for a job three years ago. Unemployment pays much better, and if you know how to work the system you can stay on it forever. I even bought my S with unemployment funds. Go Bama! I just want to say thank you to all of you who pay my way, lord knows I dont want to do it

Make sure you put some air holes in that box.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:51 AM

I was trying to be sarcastic and over the top, well I guess I failed. I work very hard for my money and my car, I have never accepted one dime of unemployment funds. I know I failed because I have gotten a half dozen PM's asking me how to work the system

please stop asking me how to stay on unemployment for the rest of your life. Go get a job!
Old 01-31-2010, 12:44 PM

I've met people who have out right refused to apply because they think it'll jeopardize their unemployment benefits. Without going in further about what the Bureau has taught me about the types of people who stay on unemployment and how they do it, the bottom line in is, if you're unemployed, you NEED to apply for this TODAY.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:18 PM

i applied a while ago and did pretty well on the test they gave me but i guess my school schedule (2 days a week) prevented them from hiring me.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by don2007,Jan 31 2010, 11:51 AM
I was trying to be sarcastic and over the top, well I guess I failed. I work very hard for my money and my car, I have never accepted one dime of unemployment funds. I know I failed because I have gotten a half dozen PM's asking me how to work the system

please stop asking me how to stay on unemployment for the rest of your life. Go get a job!
maybe you dont know where the Unemployment comes from.. yes at first it comes from the govt... but they go back to YOUR employer who has UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE... that UEI company pay back the govt.. so its really not coming out of taxpayers money..

why else would your company fight to not give u unemployment benefits if it didnt affect them firsthand? Also, this is why the self employed, or any other company that doesnt have unemployment insurance plans can not collect an unemployment check.

I have a friend who works for the unemployment office.. perhaps i can have him fill you guys in a bit.

BTW... most people on unemployment would much rather go back to work and make the money they were.. people like me who were making 2-3x the max of what the unemployment benefits are..
Old 01-31-2010, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by trickyazn,Jan 31 2010, 02:18 PM
i applied a while ago and did pretty well on the test they gave me but i guess my school schedule (2 days a week) prevented them from hiring me.
There are a number of factors needed to calculate how many people are hired in your area. Your specific tract could be an easy to count sector, and so not many people were hired there. Maybe they heavily needed a specific second language, i.e. Spanish. All in all, your application is still in the system and hiring for enumerators will begin in about a month. You may get a call then.

Quick Reply: U.S. Census Bureau JOB availability