California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

U.S. Census Bureau JOB availability

Old 12-18-2009, 12:15 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default U.S. Census Bureau JOB availability

EDIT: ALL HIRING IS NOW COMPLETE! Congratulations for those who applied and were hired. You are doing your community a great civil service. For those who did not receive a call, there could be a myriad of reasons why you weren't called. It could range anywhere from high number of returned census forms and different language needs in your area, or low number of hours available to work. Thank you all for your cooperation.

During this holiday season and troubled times, I'd like to inform my fellow S2kiers of job availabilities in your area.

I'm a Recruiting Assistant for the Santa Ana local census office. My job is to inform the locals of job availabilities and acquire community cooperation in use of their facilities for testing and training for new recruits. Orange County itself is currently looking for roughly 2,600 part-time/full-time temporary enumerators and office clerks. 95% of the jobs available will be for enumerators while the bulk of the hiring will be done in April of 2010.

Enumerators will be paid $17/hr while office clerks are paid $12.75/hr with a maximum of 40 hours/week.

The two major requirements to be eligible for the positions are 1. Must be 18 or over and 2. Must be legally allowed to work in the United States. There are several other requirements that the site provided below will go into further detail.

This is a great opportunity offered by the federal government for anyone looking to make some money on the side while working their full-time jobs or for people looking for a temporary full-time position while applying for permanent full-time jobs. The enumerator positions are strictly confined to your local area and miles driven will be compensated for at $0.50/mile.

To apply, call this toll-free number 1-866-861-2010 and input your zip code to be directed to your local census office. Tell the office clerk you heard about a job availability and they will set you up for a date to take the proficiency test along with filling out the application forms.

If you are involved with a community organization that has a facility available for the Census Bureau to use for testing and training (times and frequency of usage depends on what the organization wishes to offer) twice a week, preferably after 5pm so people who work can attend, please let me know and I will set up an appointment with your organization's community liaison to discuss a partnership in further detail or have them contact me, Shawn, through the Santa Ana local census office at (714) 361-5320.

Please help pass the word along to family and friends of the job availability as the census not only helps redistrict your area according to population needs, but also allocates the proper funds to your community, which in turn helps build or re-evaluate the needs of new schools, hospitals, community centers, roads/bridges/tunnels, emergency services, and the list goes on. Because the Census Bureau recruits enumerators to work in their local area, applications are lackluster in the wealthier areas. If you don't need the money, do it to support your community.

If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this thread, or if you have any personal questions, definitely PM me.

To find out more information about the census and available jobs, visit the following link: http://2010.census.gov/2010census. To learn what the census even is, click here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_census.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for posting this info.

Here's a simple question for our home gamers. The Main Street Jobs Act of 2010 has passed the House and will likely pass the Senate in Jan. '10 increasing the unemployment benefits for those out of work. Why should someone take a part time job instead of collecting unemployment? Isn't it better to remain unemployed and receive your free Obama bucks? Are not unemployment benefits a disincentive to finding a job?

Old 12-18-2009, 09:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bert05GPW,Dec 18 2009, 07:23 AM
Thanks for posting this info.

Here's a simple question for our home gamers. The Main Street Jobs Act of 2010 has passed the House and will likely pass the Senate in Jan. '10 increasing the unemployment benefits for those out of work. Why should someone take a part time job instead of collecting unemployment? Isn't it better to remain unemployed and receive your free Obama bucks? Are not unemployment benefits a disincentive to finding a job?
why not take a part time job abd continue taking UEI? thats even better..
Old 12-18-2009, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by the s2k dude,Dec 18 2009, 10:22 AM
why not take a part time job abd continue taking UEI? thats even better..
Because your new earnings will reduce or eliminate your unemployment benefits.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:52 AM

^ Ding, I know two members on this forum who aren't looking for jobs really for exactly this reason.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by 05TurboS2k,Dec 18 2009, 11:52 AM
^ Ding, I know two members on this forum who aren't looking for jobs really for exactly this reason.
The Census dept is going to have a hard time finding employees.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Bert05GPW,Dec 18 2009, 11:30 AM
Because your new earnings will reduce or eliminate your unemployment benefits.
Yes, because you are WORKING!!!!!!

Damn liberals....

Old 12-18-2009, 12:31 PM

Received 3,480 Likes on 1,888 Posts

What census enumerators do.
^In case someone besides me wants to know what an enumerator is, here's a link.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Kyras,Dec 18 2009, 01:31 PM
What census enumerators do.
^In case someone besides me wants to know what an enumerator is, here's a link.
Ummm.....someone who enumerates??

Old 12-18-2009, 12:46 PM

^

Quick Reply: U.S. Census Bureau JOB availability