California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Tuesday Nights in Simi

Old 12-10-2008, 09:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well last night was a pretty good turnout, but only 4 s2k's showed up including myself. Thanks for s2k aristo from culver city coming out and OjaiPunk from Ojai coming out. S2k aristo's s2 is so sick. Anyway, I dont see how they can drive all that way to a simi valley meet but people from the valley cant drive there. Its so wierd. I would understand if some people had things to do, but please dont blame it on the weather. Ya its cold and windy here in simi, but how is that gonna hurt. Well I hope to some more s2k peeps in the near future. Its always nice to meet new people.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:31 AM

Tues night was awesome bunch great cars and people James good to meet you man.Ill most deff be going this coming tues again yea was aristo's the yellow s with hard top if so that was sick!!!!!! haha see everyone next tues
Old 12-10-2008, 01:06 PM

thanks guys glad someone liked my car yeah it was a good meet and people were cool. nice cars out ill definetly make a return
Old 12-10-2008, 01:09 PM

Anyway, I dont see how they can drive all that way to a simi valley meet but people from the valley cant drive there.
Plan it way in advance and not a day before. I did a meet last year when I lived in Moorpark, and we had like 10 S2k's showup as well as an NSX. Just plan it like 2 or 3 weeks in advance, and people will showup.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Rasetsu99,Dec 10 2008, 02:09 PM
Plan it way in advance and not a day before. I did a meet last year when I lived in Moorpark, and we had like 10 S2k's showup as well as an NSX. Just plan it like 2 or 3 weeks in advance, and people will showup.
This meet has been going on for 4 years in simi valley. Mostly scions, but now there are hardly any scions there. This meet is every tuesday. If you read the first post, I said we meet EVERY tuesday, so therefore no need to plan it.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by FromS2K,Dec 10 2008, 11:27 AM
Anyway, I dont see how they can drive all that way to a simi valley meet but people from the valley cant drive there. Its so wierd. I would understand if some people had things to do, but please dont blame it on the weather.
I think its because some have been in Simi before and didnt like it.

Ive gone by a few times before and it seemed a little thin.

The SFV meet is 99% S2K's and the Valencia meet is usually 50/50 S2K/NSX...i think that is why people go to those. Hey, I have to drive past Simi to get to the valley, Im from Fillmore.

Seems S2KAristo had a good time but he might not show up every week. We had some of the IE guys show up to the Valencia meet and they thought it was cool too BUT....they never came back. It is pretty far so I understand.

I actually was thinking of passing by since I was in TO but it was windy n cold! Sorry.

If you can arrange a S2K only meet then you might see more of the valley guys gauge interest in the meet.

Old 12-10-2008, 01:47 PM

Sorry, I forgot it was the Tuesday meet. Lookup previous postings, and you'll see nobody will go to that meet because of the people that go there (ricers). When I did it, we did a separate meet down the street because of that reason.

Exactly what the above poster said.. S2k meet, and you'll get more...
Old 12-10-2008, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Rasetsu99,Dec 10 2008, 03:47 PM
Exactly what the above poster said.. S2k meet, and you'll get more...
You been to the valley meet and I just dont recognize you?
Old 12-10-2008, 02:02 PM

So I guess its not cool to meet other people and what they drive. There was a twin turbo old supra, couple IS 300's. It shouldn't matter what car u drive, it should be about people that have common interests and come out and chill with new people.

Yes it was windy and cold and I was there with a few people til 11:15pm. Its gonna be cold pretty much anywhere you go now, cuz the winter is finally kicking in. I plan on going to the SFV meet next thursday, but I still think it should be about people getting together with common interests.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:09 PM

sweet sounds like ill go to the sfv meet too and check out a few peeps

Quick Reply: Tuesday Nights in Simi