California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

A TRUCK Backed Up Into My Front Bumper - Need a Body Shop Recommendation - South Bay

Old 03-05-2013, 12:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is way off topic... I want your license plate NAOOOOWWWWW!
Old 03-05-2013, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by for_my_s2k
Originally Posted by super_mut' timestamp='1362459987' post='22380777
FYI, damages from my first estimate from Sams Auto Land is $2500. This guys tow hitch has cost him a lot of money. The amount could increase if my headlights are broken.
On the plus side, if it goes this way, you might be able to get new parts.
For sure, this is definitely working my favor. I'd still perfer that my car didn't get hit, but you can't help those types of events.

Originally Posted by F20AP1
HAHA, NEVAR!!!!
Old 03-05-2013, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by super_mut
Originally Posted by for_my_s2k' timestamp='1362509455' post='22381982
[quote name='super_mut' timestamp='1362459987' post='22380777']
FYI, damages from my first estimate from Sams Auto Land is $2500. This guys tow hitch has cost him a lot of money. The amount could increase if my headlights are broken.
For sure, this is definitely working my favor. I'd still perfer that my car didn't get hit, but you can't help those types of events.

HAHA, NEVAR!!!!
[/quote]

LOL! Alright fair enough! You may have won this battle but the war is far from over!!! MUAHAHAHA! On a lighter note sorry about your accident I just got my whole front end wiped out last friday because a lady didnt want to look before she came out of a parking lot... Needless to say I would much prefer my car to not be hit... It will never be the same again but no car can replace the S2000 so might as well make the best of the situation that u wont be paying for and upgrade! I'm doing a full AP2 headlight conversion and a ASM bumper for mine But 3 weeks without my car is gonna be killing me! Driving a Yaris is NOT fun... :****(
Old 03-06-2013, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by super_mut' timestamp='1362522879' post='22382642
[quote name='for_my_s2k' timestamp='1362509455' post='22381982']

HAHA, NEVAR!!!!
[/quote]

LOL! Alright fair enough! You may have won this battle but the war is far from over!!! MUAHAHAHA! On a lighter note sorry about your accident I just got my whole front end wiped out last friday because a lady didnt want to look before she came out of a parking lot... Needless to say I would much prefer my car to not be hit... It will never be the same again but no car can replace the S2000 so might as well make the best of the situation that u wont be paying for and upgrade! I'm doing a full AP2 headlight conversion and a ASM bumper for mine But 3 weeks without my car is gonna be killing me! Driving a Yaris is NOT fun... :****(
[/quote]

Yeah, I know what you are talking about with the upgrades. I have wanted to repaint my bumper for quite a while, so this should be a good opportunity I do want to do a full front end conversion, but I can't justify cutting into virgin headlight capsules just to retrofit older ballasts into it. So, I will leave it alone.

I'm driving a Nissan Sentra, pretty boring. Is the lady's insurance making you pay the optional insurance also? I took the optional insurance, but I don't feel like I should be paying it.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by super_mut
Originally Posted by F20AP1' timestamp='1362524307' post='22382697
[quote name='super_mut' timestamp='1362522879' post='22382642']
[quote name='for_my_s2k' timestamp='1362509455' post='22381982']

HAHA, NEVAR!!!!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, I know what you are talking about with the upgrades. I have wanted to repaint my bumper for quite a while, so this should be a good opportunity I do want to do a full front end conversion, but I can't justify cutting into virgin headlight capsules just to retrofit older ballasts into it. So, I will leave it alone.

I'm driving a Nissan Sentra, pretty boring. Is the lady's insurance making you pay the optional insurance also? I took the optional insurance, but I don't feel like I should be paying it.
[/quote]

Haha I know EXACTLY what you mean! I didnt want to cut into the AP2 headlights eighter so I spent the extra money and got 2 control units 2 igniters and the extra harness that is needed so that it will be completely plug and play, no ghetto cutting no ghetto splicing and all that BS... The headlight swap is about $2000 to do it correctly... And if I'm to be honest I am not sure I have heard of anyone doing it the correct way, most people hack and cut the headlight housing... The lady is paying for everything except the rental because they have liability coverage and me being stupid thinking defensive driving was enough i declined rental on mine... But my company gives good rates. Basically I pay the differemce in price for parts... so my headlights both need replacing so they will pay for the headlights but the extra parts to swap it correctly I have to pay for because they weren't damaged...
Old 03-06-2013, 09:47 AM

OUCH! sorry to hear that. I would have the shop replace the bent part, its only like $60, plus paint and labor. I was rear-ended (only a few scratches) before Thanksgiving and had the shop install an AP2 rear cover, and the front (out of pocket) while it was in the shop. 2 weeks later some guy backed into me at a red light, im finally getting it fixed next week, hopefully getting the hood and fenders re-sprayed.