California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Torre--Don M----Arod-----> DODGERS?

Old 10-30-2007, 08:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Angels win one Series and everyone in OC buy's flags for the car, bumperstickers and stupid little monkeys (can you say fluke? I knew you could )

Los Angeles Angels of Anahiem for the lose!

Los Angeles Dodgers for the win (granted they have been making horrible decisions as of late)
Old 10-30-2007, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by neveronlines2k,Oct 30 2007, 09:50 AM
The Angels win one Series and everyone in OC buy's flags for the car, bumperstickers and stupid little monkeys (can you say fluke? I knew you could )

Los Angeles Dodgers for the win (granted they have been making horrible decisions as of late)
Old 10-30-2007, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by neveronlines2k,Oct 30 2007, 08:50 AM

Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim of California of North America of planet Earth hahaha
Old 10-30-2007, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by S2kWLA,Oct 30 2007, 08:25 AM
see Phil even as a Yankee fan you want him GONE! How would you feel if he went to say um BOSTON?

Watch them keep Lowell and put A-Rod back at short. Think of that line up! Manny, Ortiz, A-Rod Lowell, Drew
Elsbury should continue to get a lot better too. But that lineup doesnt necessarily mean theyll win the WS again, it will have to be about pitching, so keeping their core pitchers and having them healthy is more important, just ask the Yankees. The red sox have the offense and pitching to go along with it. The Yankees two years ago against the Tigers had one of the best lineups ever assembled in the playoffs and lost because they had no pitching.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Italia,Oct 30 2007, 08:58 AM
Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim of California of North America of planet Earth hahaha
... They should have just put the name back to the California Angels instead of adding LA to there name (there 30min from LA anyway! )
Old 10-30-2007, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by neveronlines2k,Oct 30 2007, 09:14 AM
... They should have just put the name back to the California Angels instead of adding LA to there name (there 30min from LA anyway! )
People in OC were sooooooooo pissed when that happened I remember. Cause if the Angels suck then LA wipes their hands and says, oh well its Anaheim's team, but if they win the WS then LA will take credit as it being their team lol. I will say this though, as much as I agree that it was kind of a fluke for them to win that 02' world series (and they lost most of those key players since then) they have remained more competetive than a lot of people would have guessed (made the alcs a few years ago, and the playoffs a few times since winning the 02 WS) Whereas you get some teams like the Marlins,Diamondbacks, Cardinals, White Sox who win the world series then fall off for many years.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:21 AM

Every TRUE Angels fan hates the fact that the association with LA is even in the name.....
Old 10-30-2007, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Mugen_EP,Oct 30 2007, 09:21 AM
Every TRUE Angels fan hates the fact that the association with LA is even in the name.....
The thing is, I dont even think a lot of the LA fans have taken the Angels in as their team since the name change, since most LA fans are Dodger fans anyways. That is, unless the Angels win the world series again with this name, then youll see a wholllllle different story as to whether or not its LAs or Anaheims team lol.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:30 AM

The dodgers will be a better team next year. Torre is a great addition as well as Don. I dont see A-rod coming to LA but i see two others from the yankees coming over...Andy Pettitte and Rivera.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Italia,Oct 30 2007, 10:23 AM
The thing is, I dont even think a lot of the LA fans have taken the Angels in as their team since the name change, since most LA fans are Dodger fans anyways. That is, unless the Angels win the world series again with this name, then youll see a wholllllle different story as to whether or not its LAs or Anaheims team lol.

Which is why I never understood the change. (I understand the Angels Owners trying to sell more merchandise and expanding their market audience).

Dodger fans don't like it. Angels fans don't like it. Why do it?

Quick Reply: Torre--Don M----Arod-----> DODGERS?