California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Too many divorces and separations..

Old 02-07-2007, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess I agree with some that have posted, far to many marriages end that don't have to. People see that as the only way out. Don't get me wrong there are many marraiages that should not have happened in the first place and should end, but far to many assume splitting up is the only option when it isn't. Staying married 25 years has not been all bliss, but we got through the low points with some work and good communication, at this time we are happy together. Divorce is not always the answer.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by S2000Patrick,Feb 7 2007, 03:44 PM
I guess I agree with some that have posted, far to many marriages end that don't have to. People see that as the only way out. Don't get me wrong there are many marraiages that should not have happened in the first place and should end, but far to many assume splitting up is the only option when it isn't. Staying married 25 years has not been all bliss, but we got through the low points with some work and good communication, at this time we are happy together. Divorce is not always the answer.
I think some people also jump right to divorce without looking at a trial separation, which makes no sense unless there was some HUGE reason for it. Even so, spending some time apart can be good. You either end up apart or together but at least you did it in stages to see what was best for both sides......
Old 02-07-2007, 02:56 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nicotunes,Feb 7 2007, 03:49 PM
I think some people also jump right to divorce without looking at a trial separation, which makes no sense unless there was some HUGE reason for it. Even so, spending some time apart can be good. You either end up apart or together but at least you did it in stages to see what was best for both sides......
I'm no expert in these situtations, but separation could be a way of running/not dealing with the problems?

I'm not sure..
Old 02-07-2007, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by psychophd,Feb 7 2007, 02:08 PM
love is a choice. One must devote oneself to marriage, making it a priority over work, over friends, even over (gasp) an S2000.

It's easier to give up than it is to stay and work on a relationship.
i agree Curtis....everyone wants the fun of baking a cake and then eating it...but no one wants to clean up the mess..
Old 02-07-2007, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Back-cracker,Feb 7 2007, 03:56 PM
I'm no expert in these situtations, but separation could be a way of running/not dealing with the problems?

I'm not sure..
Mmm...maybe it depends on the circumstances.....
Old 02-07-2007, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by domdten,Feb 7 2007, 03:57 PM
but no one wants to clean up the mess..
I thought that was why people get married in the first place. Somebody else to clean the kitchen.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:24 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,535 Likes on 1,914 Posts

I'm one of the ones you are probably thinking of, Mike...

By the time my divorce is final at the end of July, we will have been married for just over 23 years. I am glad we were married and had two great kids, but I cannot see spending the rest of my life with him. He was sucking the joy out of my existence. He may say I was the "love of his life", now, but he treated me like anything but someone he loved for so long, I started to hate his guts.

We saw a great counselor who saved the day, for the kids' sake, after he cheated on me 5 years ago, The marriage wasn't a waste of time. I just won't put up with the anger and pissed-off-at-the-world, mentality anymore. I just want to be with someone as happy to be alive, as I am. Oh, and it would be nice if he owns an S2000 or NSX too.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:27 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,535 Likes on 1,914 Posts

Originally Posted by Back-cracker,Feb 7 2007, 03:56 PM

I'm not sure..
I think separation can be useful if it's not too late. I've seen people get back together after separations. I think it can help people really get a grip on how they feel about each other. Sometimes it's hard when you're in each other's faces all day. It was too late for my case though.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Kyras,Feb 7 2007, 04:24 PM
I'm one of the ones you are probably thinking of, Mike...

By the time my divorce is final at the end of July, we will have been married for just over 23 years. I am glad we were married and had two great kids, but I cannot see spending the rest of my life with him. He was sucking the joy out of my existence. He may say I was the "love of his life", now, but he treated me like anything but someone he loved for so long, I started to hate his guts.

We saw a great counselor who saved the day, for the kids' sake, after he cheated on me 5 years ago, The marriage wasn't a waste of time. I just won't put up with the anger and pissed-off-at-the-world, mentality anymore. I just want to be with someone as happy to be alive, as I am. Oh, and it would be nice if he owns an S2000 or NSX too.
Thank you for that very personal post, Patty.

Old 02-07-2007, 03:31 PM
Former Sponsor

i'm getting a pre-nup for sure when i get married.

Quick Reply: Too many divorces and separations..