California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Ticket not showing up in the system in LA

Old 03-04-2014, 05:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ticket not showing up in the system in LA

Any of you get a ticket in LA county and have the ticket not show up online? I got a ticket for no front plate maybe 2 or more months ago. My due date for the payment was the 25th of Feb. I even drove all the way down to the court house in Beverly Hills and waited in line for an hour (pretty much took me all day) only to be told that the ticket isn't showing up in their system and to continue to check online.

Well I've been using the la superior court website and searching by both driver's ID and the ticket # and no ticket. Did the officer give me a break or something? I was told NOT to send a check or money to the court until the ticket shows up online. It's been a while.

That's the only explanation I can think of, the officer did give me a break on front tint too (not on the s2000) and was very cool.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:19 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

Their system is definitely slower right now... meaning I did an online traffic school and paid extra so the results were automatically submitted to the court (to save me a trip) but it took literally 4 weeks before it showed up in the system. Keep checking online. If it doesn't show up, then it's not like you didn't try.

You can also check if anything shows up against your license. They make typos all the danged time, so be sure to see if they goofed when entering the ticket number by checking your DL # in the system. Of course, if it was a ticket that just got left on your windshield, then they won't have your license on the ticket to reference.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:19 PM

Don't take my word on this, but it seems like he didn't turn the ticket in.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:43 PM

yeah I thought about that. I got a yellow ticket and he gave me a verbal for accelerating fast onto an onramp and a warning for the tint. Only wrote up the front plate but haven't been coming up on the system.
If you get a fix it do they send you something in the mail too?
I've moved in between the time I received the ticket and now so could be they sent something but i've nver gotten a fix it so I'm not sure. Either way it's not coming up on the system which is weird.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:49 PM

I don't remember the last time I got a fix it ticket so I don't remember if they send something out. I would assume that it wouldn't matter because everything's online now a days.

If I remember correctly, I had this happen to me many years ago and after awhile I stopped worrying. Nothing came of it.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:16 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

If you don't receive anything in the mail (and they have your current address -- you did submit that for your car and your license, right?) and it isn't in the system, there isn't a danged thing you can do about the ticket. They always mail you *something* eventually, assuming it makes it into their system.

Just keep checking on line once a week. If it doesn't show up, then there is no way for you to know what to pay. You even went to the courthouse and they told you to wait until it shows up in the online system. You've done everything a reasonable person could do.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:11 PM

Gotcha, thanks. Yeah i just read about some guy in CA didnt pay his tint fine and it came out to $505 with late fees. I'll keep checking back maybe I got a break from the officer.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would take screen shots of their online system showing that your ticket isn't online.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by superstuddc27
yeah I thought about that. I got a yellow ticket and he gave me a verbal for accelerating fast onto an onramp and a warning for the tint. Only wrote up the front plate but haven't been coming up on the system.
If you get a fix it do they send you something in the mail too?
I've moved in between the time I received the ticket and now so could be they sent something but i've nver gotten a fix it so I'm not sure. Either way it's not coming up on the system which is weird.
Cop heard that VTEC kick in lol.

My brother got pulled over for the same reason but got let off because he said that he was "trying to keep up with the speed of traffic". Or maybe the cop was just too lazy to write him up.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by for_my_s2k
Don't take my word on this, but it seems like he didn't turn the ticket in.
I remember I got a ticket for texting and it didn't show up in their system. So I decided to go to ask the courthouse and then they're like "oh, not sure why it wasn't entered, but now it is."

Quick Reply: Ticket not showing up in the system in LA