California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

For those that are self-employed

Old 11-11-2009, 01:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a licensed health insurance agent, among other things. If you need help, I can get you rates from everywhere and help you choose the right one. The whole "group" insurance for self-employed people works great depending on your company and if you are otherwise uninsurable, but individual rates are generally better if you are healthy.

If you never get sick, perhaps a high-deductible health plan (HDHP) with an HSA would work best for you. They are often the most inexpensive upfront and allow you to put money away on a tax-free basis (federal, not state taxes).

The last time I did an insurance policy was just over a month ago, and the best rates for HDHPs with HSAs were at Anthem. I've personally had Anthem/Blue Cross and Aetna PPO before, and haven't had any issue with them.

If you need any help, you can shoot me a pm.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:59 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Dj K-otik,Nov 11 2009, 02:35 PM
I'm a licensed health insurance agent, among other things. If you need help, I can get you rates from everywhere and help you choose the right one. The whole "group" insurance for self-employed people works great depending on your company and if you are otherwise uninsurable, but individual rates are generally better if you are healthy.

If you never get sick, perhaps a high-deductible health plan (HDHP) with an HSA would work best for you. They are often the most inexpensive upfront and allow you to put money away on a tax-free basis (federal, not state taxes).

The last time I did an insurance policy was just over a month ago, and the best rates for HDHPs with HSAs were at Anthem. I've personally had Anthem/Blue Cross and Aetna PPO before, and haven't had any issue with them.

If you need any help, you can shoot me a pm.
to a good guy!