California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Are there any s2000 clubs in S.D.

Old 10-09-2001, 01:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some one buy my exhaust!!!!!!!!
Old 10-09-2001, 03:33 PM

Originally posted by StormBringer
Sunny San Diego, guys we can all get together on the 20th at the big autocross at Qualcomm stadium. I can bring a grill and some burgers, have a little S2000 pot luck sort of thing and for those with helmets go racing for a vfew hours.
Let's plan for the lunch break at the autocross, which happens somewhere between noon and one. Let's also try to park together. I will be arriving early for tech and registration and will park to the north of whoever's there at the time. Any other s2ks please try to park near me. Maybe after our runs we could
get the cars together for a group shot.

cal
Old 10-09-2001, 07:23 PM

Cool, I think I will be there, but I will not be racing because I don't think i want to be laughed at...hehehe.. so i wonder how much entrance will be just to watch? anyone know? Hope i see you there Calc!!
Old 10-09-2001, 07:44 PM
jzr

Originally posted by Bri's-S2000
Cool, I think I will be there, but I will not be racing because I don't think i want to be laughed at...hehehe.. so i wonder how much entrance will be just to watch? anyone know? Hope i see you there Calc!!
I imagine it'll be free to spectate, like every other autocross.

I'd love to go, but will probably be out of town. If not, I'll be there. AS is in the first run group, so get there early if you want to race in class.

later dudes!
Old 10-09-2001, 09:39 PM

Right, no charge to watch. Just stop at the gate and sign the waiver (a formality) and get your wristband. I will be running AS (A stock, the class for essentially stock S2ks and similar vehicles as determined by the SCCA rules committee).
I will probably be embarrassed by my times compared to the experienced drivers, but I will be running anyway--how else am I ever go to get the requisite skill? Besides, it's exciting and fun.
So come out and give it a try if you like, or just watch me (and others) make fools of ourselves.

cal
Old 10-09-2001, 10:09 PM

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

k, I'm getting jealous now. I wish I could go but I can't. I wish they had practice on Sat. and competitions on Sun. Don't know if anyone is also up for meeting a day other than Sat. 20th, but I'd like to meet up with some owners.

David
Old 10-09-2001, 10:39 PM
jzr

[QUOTE]Originally posted by almilli
[B]k, I'm getting jealous now.
Old 10-09-2001, 11:28 PM

I imagine it's pretty hard to schedule around the football games to find an entire weekend free, which would be required for a practice and a championship event, too. I know there's a practice coming up, just don't have the particulars on it yet. Anybody know?

Also, there's a "track" day at Holtville (near El Centro) December 1-2, which includes a "High Peformance Car Control Clinic" (SDSCCA's words). This is an airstrip in the middle of nowhere that's set up for the Regional Races, with "Clinic" drivers running between their events. Clinic cost is $65 for one day, $90 for two. The web site listed is http://www.sdr-scca.org/

I went there a couple of years ago when I first got my first S2k and enjoyed myself hauling ass around the course, but never did anything competitively after that until very recently so forgot what little I did learn there.

cal
Old 10-10-2001, 10:06 AM

I was already thinking of making it to the autox this month. It will be my first so was hoping for a hot lap and some instruction, though no display of skill. I understand that the new people have to be there early so I shall and will bring a brat or two for lunch. Also, how difficult is it to find a helmet to use? Thanks!
Old 10-10-2001, 11:55 AM

If they run anything close to the PCA stuff you can rent a helmet for 5 bucks a day. Or if you have a frind that rides a motorcyce you can most likly use theirs as they are most likly snell 95 rated. Will se all you guys there, also going to try to get to the irvine show if anybody is interested in making a group run up to the show around 11-12

Quick Reply: Are there any s2000 clubs in S.D.