California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Thank You Team Irvine for a Great Event

Old 08-20-2001, 07:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I would like to start by saying Thank you for everything! It's a pleasure being a part of Team Irvine and I am glad Melissa and I were able to contribute to the event.

I would also like to thank Team Irvine for their support in my accident and still pushing me to attend even rolling in the big bad COROLLA. I'm so glad I did!!! It was amazing coming down the mountain and seeing a rainbow of S2K's behind me.

It will be a pleasure working with you for the next event & I can hardly wait.
Old 08-20-2001, 07:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can not praise you guys enough, maybe start a side job organizing this event and collect more money the next time to compensate. It is all about the drive what put it over the top is the raffle prizes and chachkis' (mugs/shirts) and the food. We will all get fat and defeat the purpose of our lightweight love vehicles.
Kidding..

Thanks again, hope you do not get bored with the praise
Tan

00 Red S2000 with Volk 18" GT-N & tonneau cover

Old 08-20-2001, 08:00 AM

Much mahalos to Mike and the rest of Team Irvine.

Dawn and I had a great time and enjoyed meeting a lot of you guys. What a great group of people we have on this board.

The event was awesome. Very well organized (I couldn't believe we didn't have any major hiccups given the sheer number of cars and people) and very fun. It was truly awesome seeing all of those cars going down Santiago canyon in front of me.

Unfortunately for Dawn and I, we had to be in San Pedro by 5pm for my grandmother's 74th birthday (hey, I love my S2K but family is first!!!). I think that combined with the heat had Dawn throw in the towel a little early. We ended up leaving after the Weseloh event.

Nonetheless, we had a great time. I wish we had the opportunity to meet more of you guys but the folks we did meet were awesome!!!

Again, thanks to Team Irvine and all the participants. What a great event.

PS - gnarly sun glass lines but no burn marks!!! SWEEETTT
Old 08-20-2001, 08:04 AM

I want to add my praise to the chorus and thank Team Irvine for all their hard work, and more specifically to ReecesPieces for making sure that my late entry was recieved.

S2kFan And Back-Cracker... You guys did some amazing work, I really appreciate your amazing attention to detail and leadership throughout the planning and execution of such a huge undertaking. Kudos to you.

For everyone that attended; it was very nice to meet all of you and I hope you had as much fun as I did.

Too- tall (the lone ranger of team Michigan)

P.S. Pasadena ppl lets get together again!
Old 08-20-2001, 08:12 AM

Thank you to all that put so much hard work into organizing a great event. The wife and I had a terrific time, even though the heat was a killer. The drive, food, prizes, and all the participants were all great. Can't wait for the next one. Thanks again.
Old 08-20-2001, 08:17 AM

First of all- Great work Back-Cracker and everyone wlse who contributed. This meet was awesome. My girlfriend was dreading the whole event and ended up having an awesome time and we met really good people. Kudos to all. This event ruled. I was a little upset that I had to bail before the Sub came at Lake Elsinore, especially because the Dodgers lost 5-4.

Thanks for a great time, Ortega Hwy rules.

Matt and Kristi

P.S. ITEACH, nice call, all the EAST-WEST Freeways suck. That 91 was a pain in the ass. Hopefully we'll see you and the Mrs. soon.
Old 08-20-2001, 08:29 AM

Many Thanks Team Irvine!!!

Although I came a little late, and left a little early, the time I was able to share with my fellow S2000 owners was well worth it! It was a wonderful opportunity to meet other enthusiasts out there, and see some terrific mods.

Cheers to a job well done!

Erik
Old 08-20-2001, 08:42 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 315 Likes on 149 Posts

Thanks Team Irvine for a wonderful event! Although Sarah and I had to leave after Weseloh, we had a great time and met some wonderful people.

I noted that with top down, windows up, Rick's aeroscreen, and the A/C on full blast, we were able to tame the 100-degree heat while still enjoying sun and open air!

Looking forward to the next one!

John
Old 08-20-2001, 09:13 AM

I too would like to thank Team Irvine for a professional and well run event. Janet and I have been to several of the So Cal meets and were pleased with how well this one went. The only thing better than seeing 65+ S2000's in a row is hearing them! I still get chills when I hear multiple cars in VTEC.

I use some of the roads we were on quite a bit, but it was still a thrill blasting through the twisties on Trabuco Canyon and Ortega.

Again, great job guys.
Old 08-20-2001, 11:01 AM

Thanks and mad props to everyone!!

Quick Reply: Thank You Team Irvine for a Great Event