California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Thank You Team Irvine for a Great Event

Old 08-19-2001, 12:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got home from the Midnight night drive, oh my gosh 1:15 am.

I just wanted to thank Team Irvine for there support and incredible hospitality.
Unfortunately, work called out the sleepy racer today, and missed most of the event. Dinner very was delicious, I was glad to meet everyone on an intimate level.
Team Arizona & Colorado practice your Champagne corking skills So. Cal is on it's way!!!

I'll try to post some dinner and group pix, as soon as i figure how to do that.

Old 08-19-2001, 10:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks to Back-Cracker, S2KFan, and everyone else to put in countless hours of effort to make this meet such a huge success. I am so damn burned, it's not even funny . But hey, it was damn fun. Thanks guys!
Old 08-19-2001, 02:33 PM

I'd also like to thank Back-Cracker for making this event possible. I had a great time driving Ortega and very pleased that there were no accidents reported!

It was also a lot of fun meeting everyone and seeing all of the stooks and a variety of mods.

Although it was tough (congested) driving city streets with everbody, it sure was a sight to see...It's not everyday that you see 60+ S2ks lined up in color formation parading down the streets!

Lastly I'd like to thank all of the people who participated in this event. Everyone was very patient, coorperative, and friendly and made this largest s2k gathering a great success!

Ealing
Old 08-19-2001, 05:17 PM

Me and the Mrs had a great time. Thanks again Team Irvine and Mike (backcracker) for such a well organized event. Can't wait for the 2nd annual event.....

thanks again

blake
Old 08-19-2001, 05:49 PM

The hard work and planning put into the event was apparent as it was a well organized and interesting meet. Thanks, Team Irvine and Mike!
Old 08-19-2001, 06:50 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

S2000-ers,

I just wanted to start off by saying thanks to all those who showed up to the event. Still, 24 hours had just pass, and I'm sitting here still excited and with much butterflies in my stomach. It must have been one of the greatest feeling I've ever had. I made so many new friends.

All went well, everyone got a Tshirt, mugs, food and more food , we gaveaway more than 650.00 in prizes. The banner looks so nice with all the signatures of the members, except we're missing a few.

I hope that everyone had fun, and we apoligize for ANY inconvience during the day. We thought it was going to be a piece of cake only to realize that this was one of the hardest task we ever picked up on. Just driving and stopping every few minutes to check on our members was hard, but it was all worth it. Seeing the long line and very long line, made me proud of all those who came. Especially all the out of state people. Thanks you AZ CO LV for showing your dedication and commitment to the MOST ELITE BADASS 4 BANGER there is on the face of the earth.

Now that the journey is over, and a new day starts. I challenge someone in this family to have another event. We would love to see another meet in Jan 2001. We would love to help this special person out. I have a few people in mind ( ie: MINGSTER?? Clive??) Well until we have another brave soul, Team Irvine is offically RETIRED until next year.

Just to let everyone know, we were on the media yesterday. I am not sure whch one, but there was a report of a few SPEEDING s2000 driving up to LA. As a result, we were on all the orange county scanners. As a consequence after the meet, the extended event was a blast until one of our member was sited by the police. Instead of a racing ticket and car towed away, it was only a minor ticket. I would like to thank all the extended event participant in the donation of money to our ticketed member. It wasn't much, but it was something.

PLEASE TAKE TIME TO POST YOUR COMMENTS ABOUT THE MEET. WE WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT YOU THINK SO WE CAN IMPROVE UPON THE NEXT MEET.

Thanks to all. It seems like some of the "audience is waiting" for the next big one. Well I just want to make an informal announcement, I spoke with Wanabe (WLA Event Leader) and it seems like we are going to work together somewhere in 2001 entitled:

TEAM WLA & TEAM IRVINE
INVADES MONTERAY S2KDAY 2001

See you all then.

Team Irvine
Old 08-19-2001, 07:06 PM

Many thanks for all your hard work in making this an awesome meet and drive, Team Irvine! It was just an incredible day for everyone who came along. Thanks also to all the sponsors - especially Weseloh Honda for being such great hosts. I know that Team Colorado and Team Arizona (and mini-Teams Texas and Michigan??) had a super day enjoying some southern California hospitality. (It sounds like the evening activities were a blast!) We're glad you guys came! ....Just wait till Monterey, next year!

The 315 mile round trip left me pretty well drained, but it was great fun all the way. (I hope Jerry and Chad made it all the way back to Edwards AFB in good shape.) Lake Elsinore was killer heat (99 degrees [RF 104] between 3 and 4 pm), so I'm somewhat glad I decided to put on the hardtop for this meet! It was nice watching the necks of everyone in front getting redder by the minute, while I was chilling out in my little A/C igloo!

Thanks Back-cracker for being such a great organizer, and for keeping everyone tuned in with all those emails, PMs, and posts. You did so good! And again......thanks Team Irvine for helping make this such a brilliant event!
Old 08-19-2001, 08:24 PM

Back-cracker,

Jenny and I would like to express our appreciation for such a well-planned and smoothly run event. You were very accommodating and a gracious host as were your assistants. We look forward to the next event. Perhaps another one could be planned for sometime in the cool of fall (late October or early November).........

S2K4U
Larry and Jenny
Old 08-19-2001, 09:30 PM

What an incredible day it was indeed!!!
I'd like to thank all those involved in the planning and execution of this event.
Back-Cracker, Mr & Mrs S2K Fan, VTECxTurbo, Reecespieces, SteveUCI, and Benlavigne, Thank you all for your time and dedication for putting together such an amazing event for us fellow S2K'ers!!!

Pictures just don't do justice to the feeling you get when you're part of a 65+ convoy of the world's greatest roadster!!

It was great meeting all the people and seeing all of the cars.

I'll see you all at the next Big Event!!!
Old 08-19-2001, 10:27 PM

Thanks Back-cracker and Team Irvine. You guys did a great job. The event was great and was the best one so far. I especially enjoyed the special road that we took where we all went crazy. That was a blast.

I got a nice seat belt tan now. Guess I really should've gone topless.

Quick Reply: Thank You Team Irvine for a Great Event