California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Thank You NRH

Old 04-15-2010, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S_special,Apr 15 2010, 03:20 PM
i was in the far right lane going 60-65, the copper followed me for a couple miles and then finally turned on the lights at the exit.

he said "i pulled you over for tinted windows and no front plate. have you gotten a ticket for those things before?" i said no. so then he asked me "which one do you want the ticket for?" i almost lol'ed

i went for the front plate
I might just have to copy your side diffusers

Looked great and like you said they are durable. Don't want to put money into body accessories really since I plan on picking up a widebody kit in the future.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:46 PM

If i didn't have work i would've been there.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bewbies,Apr 15 2010, 03:39 PM
I might just have to copy your side diffusers

Looked great and like you said they are durable. Don't want to put money into body accessories really since I plan on picking up a widebody kit in the future.
thanks,
Old 04-15-2010, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by -GunShow-,Apr 15 2010, 02:48 PM
I want to apologize to those who didn't get an invite. I sent out what I could to those I knew, due to capacity, since NRH allowed me to take care of some of this. We're looking to have more room next time, but the people who responded immediately took up the spaces. Aside from that, it's always been posted that NRH has a meet on the 2nd Wednesday of every month.

I wanted to thank everyone for being polite, keeping the place clean, and also arriving and leaving the way I knew s2ki would. There was only one S that took off a little badly, but wasn't there during the meet. So since things went so smoothly, Scott and NRH are talking with me about hosting another S only meet, since you guys made it so good
We should have some sort of VIP pass thing whenever we do exclusive meets so it keeps out ricers and rude people. That way it's easier to turn them away at the entrance if they can't present a pass. Saying you're with TD or IE isn't as secure since like 90% of the S's there had TopDown and FilthIEst stickers on them.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Zapablast05,Apr 15 2010, 06:00 PM
We should have some sort of VIP pass thing whenever we do exclusive meets so it keeps out ricers and rude people. That way it's easier to turn them away at the entrance if they can't present a pass. Saying you're with TD or IE isn't as secure since like 90% of the S's there had TopDown and FilthIEst stickers on them.
Bottom line is, a dealer of that scale shouldn't have to be in a position to turn away people at the gates..... It's just bad for business. You are bound to have 2-3 people show up that are passing by and happen to see what's going on (spectators). I'm all for everyone showing up and hanging out, just keep the High School BS out of it

NRH and the s2k people did a great job holding this down on the low low

I slept with my NRH shirt last night
Old 04-15-2010, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by FilthyAp2,Apr 15 2010, 06:48 PM
Bottom line is, a dealer of that scale shouldn't have to be in a position to turn away people at the gates..... It's just bad for business. You are bound to have 2-3 people show up that are passing by and happen to see what's going on (spectators). I'm all for everyone showing up and hanging out, just keep the High School BS out of it

That is true on the NRH part. But exclusive s2k only meets. Or if there is a s2k section and the s2ki members want to stick together, like the spugen meet, etc, we could have a general s2ki badge?

What else did you sleep with?
Old 04-15-2010, 07:18 PM

Im ready for the next meet. Haven't enjoyed myself that much since breaking up with the ex gf. Time to rebound and be "filthy" rebel.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by xileap2,Apr 15 2010, 07:18 PM
Im ready for the next meet. Haven't enjoyed myself that much since breaking up with the ex gf. Time to rebound and be "filthy" rebel.
I was in your position last month dude.

Be careful with joey, he likes ex's. He prefers sloppy seconds
Old 04-15-2010, 07:22 PM

We share that experience.

Joey
Old 04-16-2010, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by FilthyAp2,Apr 15 2010, 06:48 PM

I'm sure you guys noticed, but we did have some "straglers" hanging out by the far driveway. There was a group of ~5 cars. These were some of the "regulars" of our monthly meet. When they pulled in and parked, we told them it was a private event, that the parking within the coned off lot was saved for S2k's.
We told them they were more than welcome to hang out, just not park IN the lot. When we told them that, the lot was empty...they questioned that if the lot DIDN'T fill, if they could park inside. We told them yes...crossing our fingers you guys would show in big numbers. As we turned to walk away, you guys (probably 30 cars + pulled in).

At the end of the night, the ONLY trash we had to pick up was where that group of 5 cars were.

That says a lot about the crowd that we normally pull.

I agree that we shouldn't have to turn any one away, that it MIGHT be bad for business...but at the same time, if you add up what we made (parts and food/drinks) in our parts department the night of our meet with you guys, we made more than the nights when we have 100+ cars.

Mackin (Volk) has been to the last 2 or 3 meets of ours...they told us themselves that this past meet was the most beneficial of any, as the past meets with the "other" crowd have only come by for free schwag (nothing wrong with that...!) and a look of when they hear pricepoint on a Volk wheel.

Again...this past meet was great. A perfect amount of cars (we could have fit more, it just makes it harder for people to leave early, as we'd have to shuffle people around to get others out...). Less clean up/babysitting, no cops (minus a fixit ticket for someone on the way home)...

Bad for business? Maybe not.

Again, THANK YOU FROM NRH for a great meet!

Quick Reply: Thank You NRH