California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Stoplight Camera Ticket?

Old 11-19-2006, 12:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The pictures are reviewed, so the flash doesn't automatically mean you'll get a ticket. If you entered the intersection while the light was yellow I think there's a good chance you'll be ok.

I think these things work by way of sensors which predict whether you'll run the red by calculating speed and distance as you approach the intersection. I once was approaching an intersection pretty fast when the signal turned yellow. I braked hard and stopped with the nose of my (other) car just over the line demarcating the intersection. The flash went off but I never received a ticket for that event.
Old 11-19-2006, 01:33 PM

I got caught by one of those red light cameras. I was in Westminster and the light going straight was green and I had to make a right turn. I slowed down but didn't stop completely and made the turn going about 10 mph and the camera flashed.

Well they sent me home a "ticket" and I researched on the internet about how to beat the tickets. i went to this website and read more about it. http://highwayrobbery.net/redlightcamsticket.htm

My ticket was exactly like how some of the other people described. On the back it said something like "Do Not Contact Santa Ana Court about this ticket" They also asked for info about the driver such as drivers license, address ect...

I followed the instructions on the website and to ignore it. Till this day, nothing has happen to me, no follow up letters etc... I have been pulled over a year after the incident, no warrants so I guess I am in the clear.

Good luck with your ticket.
Old 11-19-2006, 03:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had 2 stoplight camera flash me (show me your boobs!!) and I still haven't gotten the ticket. one was on the 4th of july in pasadena after our ACH run, and the other was in loma linda about 8 months ago.

the only thing I can think of as to why I didn't get a ticket is because I don't run front plates on my cars. On my dually I have no plates at all.

Good luck
Old 11-19-2006, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by meth,Nov 16 2006, 04:52 PM
So i was going to my mom's house this afternoon and i was on sunset blvd in beverly hills. i couldn't see anything cuz the sun was all in my face, you know that late afternoon glare where you can't see jack. anyways, i reach the light when i hit shade from a tree and noticed it was yellow, but i also realized it was too late to stop without a hard brake and i didn't want anyone slamming into me so i just went for it. i thought i was clear, then at the last second i see the flash go off. but i swear my front wheels were damn near the line on the other side of the street.

question. is the flash going off a guaranteed ticket, or do they have some guy who looks at them all and decides if you are clear or not. i didn't do the red light, i was almost completely across the street when the light turned red. should i be expecting the ticket in the mail?
Not for sure, but you'll know within 1~3 months. I got mine after 1~2 months, but the rest of the time, it took me a photo but I never receive a ticket. Although these cameras are fully automatic, but to issue a ticket or not still depend on whoever handle these case. (I think )
Old 11-22-2006, 06:24 PM

I think you're ok if you haven't received the ticket yet. I think if your rear tires are in the intersection BEFORE the red then you're ok. Also if you crossed the other side before the second flash went off then no ticket because on both pictures you would have been IN the intersection when the camera went off and you were ACROSS the intersection at the second flash. Just think of a yeilding left turn, you creep into the intersection and even if the light turns red you're ok because you were in the intersection already. I'm no expert so don't quote me and bust my balls if I happen to be wrong.

Also those pictures they send you are REALLY clear. you'd be surprised, but then again you'd only know that if you get one in the mail. Good luck and hope you didn't get the ticket. it's really pricey.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by chairmnofthboard,Nov 19 2006, 04:16 PM
I had 2 stoplight camera flash me (show me your boobs!!) and I still haven't gotten the ticket. one was on the 4th of july in pasadena after our ACH run, and the other was in loma linda about 8 months ago.

the only thing I can think of as to why I didn't get a ticket is because I don't run front plates on my cars. On my dually I have no plates at all.

Good luck
they actually have a camera that takes a picture of the rear also. DOH!
Old 11-23-2006, 01:05 AM
Banned

I hope I don't get one in the mail... It was green... I went and in the middle intersection it turned yellow and flashed? Hopefully it was the person taking a left turn on my lane... but anyways my car didn't have plates? I guess I'm safe? haha.
Goodluck Meth.