California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Stoplight Camera Ticket?

Old 11-16-2006, 03:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stoplight Camera Ticket?

So i was going to my mom's house this afternoon and i was on sunset blvd in beverly hills. i couldn't see anything cuz the sun was all in my face, you know that late afternoon glare where you can't see jack. anyways, i reach the light when i hit shade from a tree and noticed it was yellow, but i also realized it was too late to stop without a hard brake and i didn't want anyone slamming into me so i just went for it. i thought i was clear, then at the last second i see the flash go off. but i swear my front wheels were damn near the line on the other side of the street.

question. is the flash going off a guaranteed ticket, or do they have some guy who looks at them all and decides if you are clear or not. i didn't do the red light, i was almost completely across the street when the light turned red. should i be expecting the ticket in the mail?
Old 11-16-2006, 04:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have no clue. but if u get the ticket, definitely go contest it.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:38 PM

if you were not across the other side line, then yeah you may have a ticket on the way. Hopefully not though.. they had ways to fight camera light tickets on ticket assassin. check it out
Old 11-16-2006, 04:50 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's a $380 ticket if you did get caught Mark
Old 11-16-2006, 04:52 PM

Yea theres a cop who sits down and goes thru each picture. Because you cant get a ticket from a computer you have to get one from a cop. Also when I took traffic skool a while back the guy told us if you cover your face you wont get a ticket. Even tho they get your info from you license plates a face has to be visible to issue a ticket. So he says some people leave their visors down and when running a light they just sit up and block their face. And this is coming from the most well know traffic instructor in the state, he's even got his own website Reed Berry The traffic guy
Old 11-16-2006, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by AP2Suzuka,Nov 16 2006, 05:50 PM
It's a $380 ticket
Old 11-16-2006, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by 714s2k,Nov 16 2006, 05:52 PM
Yea theres a cop who sits down and goes thru each picture. Because you cant get a ticket from a computer you have to get one from a cop. Also when I took traffic skool a while back the guy told us if you cover your face you wont get a ticket. Even tho they get your info from you license plates a face has to be visible to issue a ticket. So he says some people leave their visors down and when running a light they just sit up and block their face. And this is coming from the most well know traffic instructor in the state, he's even got his own website Reed Berry The traffic guy
Thnx for the info i guess i got lucky then cuz i saw the camera flash but it got my rear bumper never again im crossing my finger's its been a month since this happen to me that's what happen's when ur in a hurry don't trust the yellow light i learned from this mistake
Good Luck buddy never got a ticket for a red light and i still hope i don't
Old 11-16-2006, 05:14 PM

you got a good point there... if you slammed the brake, someone may hit you. It's unsafe. there is a topic about it from the driver license booklet.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:55 PM

So I assume you've got a front plate?
Hoping the flash was for someone behind you also crossing.
But if it's you I like the explanation that the sun was glaring. You sound honest and convincing, but then again they have heard it all before.

Good Luck
Old 11-16-2006, 07:12 PM

yes, i have a front plate.

no one else crossed but me.

the sun was glaring like mvthafvcka.

i expect the ticket and may fight it if it comes in, but hopefully i get lucky and it doesn't come in.

Quick Reply: Stoplight Camera Ticket?