California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Stereo installers? Will pay for time/experience

Old 04-01-2004, 06:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stereo installers? Will pay for time/experience

This is my first post here, so be "gentle"!!

I'm picking up a MY02 Sebring Silver this weekend (YEAH!), and will finally be able to do more than just "read" all the great info. on this list--looking forward to that, as well as maybe meeting up with some fellow S2K owner's for suggestions, advice etc...

My question/ problem is this: I have already spent a fair amount of $$ ordering stereo upgrades for the car (Alpine, Planet Audio, CDT, Lucid etc..) and am wondering if anybody has a good recommendation for a QUALITY installer, preferably in or near Orange County??

I am also a little worried about just bringing in a lot of equipment to a shop where I haven't really purchased anything, and just say "put it in"!! Will they treat me ( and my car!!) with the SAME LEVEL of care compared to somebody that bought all their gear at that shop, for example?? I guess as long as they ARE getting paid for their services it shouldn't really matter?

I guess my REAL point is that I would RATHER PAY SOMEBODY ON THIS LIST who really has experience doing this, and learn how to do all this properly and carefully, instead of "blindly" handing over the cash for their services. As a motorcycle enthusiast/ mechanic ( I work at American Suzuki) I usually prefer to do things myself, but I have NEVER purchased this amount of stereo gear before, nor have I "cut" speaker holes in a new (to me) car that I have been saving and waiting for !!

SO, IF ANYBODY wants to make some good $$, please contact me directly, and I am sure that with all my shop tools (and a BIG 3 car garage with good lighting and ventilation) it shouldn't be more than half a day to do this install??

Otherwise, I am still interested in hearing other's recommendations for a decent shop to do the work ( as a last resort).

Thanks in advance, and where can I post some pics on Sunday of my new "baby"!

Harley ( yes, I get major **** at work with my name!)
Old 04-01-2004, 06:46 AM

You should expect to be with out the car for atleast a day. Especially if you are having someone to come do a full install.
Old 04-01-2004, 06:48 AM

My buddy installed everything into Drunken_Monks S2k. Including...sub, amp, speakers, tweeters, crossover, head unit and all wires of course. All alpine and JL stuff. What do you want to put in? If you do all the things I mentioned it will probably be a 3/4 of day.

I will ask him if he is up to it because you basically have to tear the car apart for an install as big as the one he did on Drunken_Monks 02 S2k Sebring. I was there through the entire install and it was damn clean. The only thing I would have you think about ahead of time, is what do you want to do with the amp? Where do you want it to go because you are working with limited space.

Ryan
Old 04-01-2004, 07:26 AM

pm kuni
Old 04-01-2004, 08:30 AM

PM replied
Old 04-01-2004, 02:00 PM

GregSound (http://www.gregsound.com/) in Alhambra (I know, no OC, but worth the drive) did all of my work. The owner Greg (duh), is a great guy and does very clean work.

I've got a 200w Clarion powering 100w to DynAudio separates in the factory holes and custom made tweeter pods. (no glue, screws or bolts they actually wrap around the panel and look like part of the car) The other 100w goes to a 10" AlumiPro Sub that is mounted in the airspace beneath the passenger footwell (yes, there's space for a sub in there). Noise is supplied by an Eclipse head and a 20gb in-trunk MP3 player. He also re-wired the factory remote stereo controls and installed a motion sensor for my alarm.

This is the 3 setup I've had Greg do and have always been extremely satisfied (meets commitments, everything very clean, all soldered, and resolved the only minor issue I ever had with an install quickly and professionally)

So, if you're looking for an uber-good job by someone who knows and has experience with he car, he's your man. I've sent a number of referrals to him over the years too, so I know he's done other s2ks as well.

Also, he's perfectly used to people walking in with arm loads of stuff and saying "please install it." He takes just as much care, only difference is you're then responsible for dealing with the warranties on the components if there are any problems. (if you buy from him he'll just swap out a problem and deal with the company himself later)

Dinnyin
Old 04-01-2004, 03:14 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dinnyin
The other 100w goes to a 10" AlumiPro Sub that is mounted in the airspace beneath the passenger footwell (yes, there's space for a sub in there).
Old 04-01-2004, 03:39 PM

Ryan,
I need help installing stereo to my MY04 too. I am planning to keep the stock HU, replacing front speakers, adding 4-channel amp, rear speakers and Bose Sub.
I bought the following items:

Memphis 16-MC2004 4-channel amplifier to be installed under driver seat, I did test the space, it has room for this amp. The amp will drive doors and rear panels speakers.

Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 6.5" components to replace the stock door components.

Infinity Kappa 52.5i for rear panels, rear panels are cut and speakers are on.

RSX-S Bose Sub to be installed in the spare tire well.

8GA 4-channel Amp kit

4-channel LOC to convert stock HU speaker levels to line level to connect to Memphis amp.

2-channel LOC and 2-channel RCA cable to convert stock HU front speaker level to line level to connect to Bose Sub.

50 feet 16GA speaker wires

Thanks
Old 04-01-2004, 06:38 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by sixone
Old 04-02-2004, 07:45 AM

Our friend did a very nice install. The only thing he was not able to mount the amp. Im sure he can help you with it but I am going to take mine into a shop to mount the amp.

Quick Reply: Stereo installers? Will pay for time/experience