California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

SoCal: Watch Crew!

Old 08-01-2007, 10:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ediddy310,Aug 1 2007, 05:22 PM
I am glad I am not into watches really but this is a nice one...

" This is the most expensive watch in the world with an estimated retail value of $220,200.00. This special edition watch includes a platinum case (39mm diameter), factory platinum Oyster bracelet set with one row of baguette shaped diamonds, factory diamond bezel set with 42 baguette shaped diamonds, special edition factory meteorite diamond dial set with 2 pear shaped diamonds, double quickset day/date feature, twin lock winding crown, scratch-resistant sapphire crystal, self-winding oyster perpetual mechanism, 31 jewel self-winding chronometer movement, water-resistant to 100 meters. "

I have held one of these before in ice blue dial with platinum and diamonds. It is a very heavy watch so you will get buff just from wearing it.

So with OCS2k's co-workers 30% discount it would be $154,140.00 before tax.

I am sure there are more expensive watches out there....those are usually custom ones. Ok you ballers see ya laters.

If you think thats expensive then you don't know of Patek Philippe's 1 million dollar watch, you need to send in an application, and interview with the CEO for them to even let you consider buying the watch. Sorry, can't find pics. There are somethings that even money can't buy. I'm not a big fan of Rolex, simply because their cost is based on Jewels and precious metals. The better watches out there are the ones that has more complications to it.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by shutterlife,Aug 1 2007, 10:11 PM
If you think thats expensive then you don't know of Patek Philippe's 1 million dollar watch, you need to send in an application, and interview with the CEO for them to even let you consider buying the watch. Sorry, can't find pics. There are somethings that even money can't buy. I'm not a big fan of Rolex, simply because their cost is based on Jewels and precious metals. The better watches out there are the ones that has more complications to it.
As I said there are more expensive watches out there if you read what I said.... and yes I think 220 grand for a watch is still expensive. I don't know where you live or what you do but the average guys like me cannot afford a 220k watch.

I personally like Rolexs and think they look nice...everyone has their own preference. I am not much for complications....I like things simple and clean.

As far as Patek Phillip I know of that watch too.....everyone is trying to collect those......and all that interviewing and crap is stupid to me but hey gotta have the hype right? .....do you want to sell the watch or not? Like I said I am not into watches.....I only found a picture of that one and I thought it was nice.

Different strokes for different folks.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by ediddy310,Aug 1 2007, 11:34 PM
As I said there are more expensive watches out there if you read what I said.... and yes I think 220 grand for a watch is still expensive. I don't know where you live or what you do but the average guys like me cannot afford a 220k watch.

I personally like Rolexs and think they look nice...everyone has their own preference. I am not much for complications....I like things simple and clean.

As far as Patek Phillip I know of that watch too.....everyone is trying to collect those......and all that interviewing and crap is stupid to me but hey gotta have the hype right? .....do you want to sell the watch or not? Like I said I am not into watches.....I only found a picture of that one and I thought it was nice.

Different strokes for different folks.
Eddie your a baller don't lie to us I'm a Rolex fan but that something i'll have to settle later down the line when I have a more stable income
Old 08-02-2007, 01:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just bought my first automatic last month...

Old 08-02-2007, 07:18 AM

I sport a Rolex Datejust with blue face, oyster bracelet and white gold fluted bezel.

I really want the Submariner in two tone stainless/yellow gold with black face. But I don't want to front $7k for a new Rolex.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:34 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Great thread!

I was looking for a new watch last year around X-mas time (present to myself!), and for the longest time I was torn between a few. Everyone I knew was pushing me towards a Rolex, but I just wanted something different, not as mainstream (not that there is anything wrong with a "RO"). I finally went with this:

Black face, but I got it in the crocodile band (the band on the white face). I wanted it in the leather band because the TAG I have has a SS band. Only thing I would have done different is get the "floating buckle" instead.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:19 AM

Picture of mine, I have the oyster bracelet though.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:51 AM

I think leather band watches are very classy. In fact, I want one. Very nice choice there. I want an old school leather band Rolex though. Vintage ftw.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks. The only thing with leather bands is that the leather gets worn out, especially the hole you put the pin through. That is why I wish I got the "floating buckle", leather band look, but without the wear.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:22 AM

Breitling makes nice watches for men. I like a lot of the watches that they have. I like the simple not so blanging Rolex too, but there is a lot of fakes out there and some pretty darn good ones.

Just picked up my watch yesterday. The face is this kinda navy bluish greyish color. It's kinda hard to explained and i was trying to get it to show in the pics, but i couldn't.

Quick Reply: SoCal: Watch Crew!