California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Socal help for 04+ clutch delay valve?

Old 06-13-2005, 11:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

imo, is the reason why ap2 feel disconnected and tame compared to ap1 s. thought it was the lack of 500 rpms, but yes, it feels much better during clutch engagement.
Old 06-13-2005, 11:54 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so that was a big enough reason for you to consider an ap1? Looks like Honda kind of messed up trying to protect the drivetrain :-(
Old 06-13-2005, 12:01 PM

i understand honda trying to protect the clutch, but then they should just have put a tougher clutch. imo, it ruins the car's feel.
Old 06-13-2005, 12:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dyhppy,Jun 13 2005, 12:01 PM
i understand honda trying to protect the clutch, but then they should just have put a tougher clutch. imo, it ruins the car's feel.
I think moreso they were trying to protect the diff, they did make the diff a little better but it is still undersized/strengthed for what it has to do. Glad to hear your happy with the car now.
Old 06-14-2005, 10:18 PM

Can I join this thing too? I work right there in Woodland Hills.

*I have a set of extra jack stands that work great on the S2000 that I can bring as well
Old 06-15-2005, 12:37 AM

i'm sure we're glad to welcome everyone. but the only issue is space. maybe pm the guy who's place this is going to be at to double check
Old 06-15-2005, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by dyhppy,Jun 15 2005, 12:37 AM
i'm sure we're glad to welcome everyone. but the only issue is space. maybe pm the guy who's place this is going to be at to double check
Yo JSR! Do you mind if I come to this thing?... I don't care, I'm willing to find my own parking on the street if that is the big issue.
Old 06-15-2005, 01:20 PM

Like dyhppy mentioned, I'm just concerned about space. The apmt complex isn't "supposed" to allow automotive work in the parking lot, but the assistant mgr is cool, so he let's me do stuff. I don't want to anger neighbors and the like by taking up too much space, etc., tho it'd be nice to have more cars and just to meet. Feel free to come, but you'll likely be the last one. The jack stands will be useful. If you have a jack, bring that too.
And refreshments are happily accepted for this GTG/removal day...or we can just hit some local places for grub/drinks.
I just found out yesterday that I have a wedding to go to that night, so we'll have to be done by late afternoon. I'm hoping we have enough time to get everyone's car done. Hopefully it doesn't take more than 1hr each, including the bleeding afterwards. If I were doing it myself, I know it'd take me the whole day at least, and highly likely the whole weekend. I remember having to throw back in my DC5 stock suspension one day and after a whole day of work, couldn't get it in and ended up just reassembling everything w/ the coilovers I had...big PITA and waste of time.
For those coming, please bring as many items that SIIK mentioned on his how-to (i.e. brake fluid, etc.). I've got picks, and so does another member coming, but ya never know (I remember working on a friend's car and we snapped a ratchet and oops, we were sol cuz we didn't have another one). I don't have a tube for the bleeding yet, so if someone can bring one, that'd be great. If you have a portable toolset also, that'd be good to bring. I have a small craftsman toolset, so my tool collection isn't very vast.
Thanks.
Old 06-15-2005, 01:22 PM
Banned

jus do it til they say otherwise.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:52 AM

Hey All,

Well, it's getting close to the 25th, so let's do this thang! These following ppl, please check your PMs for my info:

Unknowledgable:
JSR_AP2 (me)
tool462
AP2Suzuka (formerly exa4driver)
drag
Rio_S2K

Knowledgable:
dyhppy
SIIK2NR

I'd like to start early so we can all get this done in time as I have to leave in the evening for a wedding reception. So, here's the plan:

Date: 6/25
Time: 10am (start)

So far, tool462 (picks) and Rio_S2K (jack stands) have offered to bring tools. If anyone else has any useful tools, please bring them. It'd be nice to have a spare jack and some spare tools, so if anyone could bring those, that'd be great.
Lemme know if you guys can make it. It'll be a good tech day for us who don't know (and are a bit scared to damage our babies) and a cool mini-meet. Thanks.

Jai

Quick Reply: Socal help for 04+ clutch delay valve?