Unknowledgable:
JSR_AP2 (me)
tool462
exa4driver
drag

Knowledgable:
dyhppy
SIIK2NR (hope he can make it)

This is about the max of what I'm comfortable with coming as I've mentioned, this will be done in my apmt's parking lot. I have 2 tandem parking spots to do the work on, but that's it. There's a couple of places where you guys can park inside the parking area still.
I have a jack (that probably needs to have some air bled out) and 4 stands. I'd appreciate it if someone could bring a 2nd/backup jack (in case mine's has too much air, etc.) and some stands so we can have more cars up simultaneously. My apmt is super small (there's literally a 1.25ft wide path to walk thru to get to any point of my apmt), so there's no room for anyone (outside of 1 person...usually me) to sit or anything, so this will be an outside deal. If we get done early, we can go for a nice drive.
I've still yet to get picks, so if someone brings some, that'd be great too. I've also gotta go get some clear tubing for the bleeding.
I'll PM those coming my info as the date gets closer.
Oh, and everyone bring your own brake fluid if you can. There's a Honda dealer near me, as well as a Kragen, Pep Boys, and Autozone, so no biggy if you don't, they should have stuff available.

IF anyone wants to volunteer their place for this, that'd be great. SIIK is travelling somewhat far to get to my place, so it'd be nice to reduce his drive if we can. Plus, I really want to see his CTSC-S! (vrooom!).
Old 06-10-2005, 01:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JSR_AP2,Jun 10 2005, 12:59 PM
Sure. So, it seems we have:

Unknowledgable:
JSR_AP2 (me)
tool462
exa4driver
drag

Knowledgable:
dyhppy
SIIK2NR (hope he can make it)

This is about the max of what I'm comfortable with coming as I've mentioned, this will be done in my apmt's parking lot. I have 2 tandem parking spots to do the work on, but that's it. There's a couple of places where you guys can park inside the parking area still.
I have a jack (that probably needs to have some air bled out) and 4 stands. I'd appreciate it if someone could bring a 2nd/backup jack (in case mine's has too much air, etc.) and some stands so we can have more cars up simultaneously. My apmt is super small (there's literally a 1.25ft wide path to walk thru to get to any point of my apmt), so there's no room for anyone (outside of 1 person...usually me) to sit or anything, so this will be an outside deal. If we get done early, we can go for a nice drive.
I've still yet to get picks, so if someone brings some, that'd be great too. I've also gotta go get some clear tubing for the bleeding.
I'll PM those coming my info as the date gets closer.
Oh, and everyone bring your own brake fluid if you can. There's a Honda dealer near me, as well as a Kragen, Pep Boys, and Autozone, so no biggy if you don't, they should have stuff available.

IF anyone wants to volunteer their place for this, that'd be great. SIIK is travelling somewhat far to get to my place, so it'd be nice to reduce his drive if we can. Plus, I really want to see his CTSC-S! (vrooom!).

Make sure you have enough stands.... it's dangerous under there turning wrenches without em...

My new wheels will be here in 6-7 days.....

I will probably bring the S so I can show them off on the way up and back..
Old 06-10-2005, 01:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got 4 stands. If others can bring some, that'd be great.
Looking forward to seeing your car and new wheels!...sweet! I've got lotsa shop rags too, so I'll wipe the drool off your car too.
Old 06-10-2005, 04:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just saw one of those 2 buck eye glass fixing kits at the hardware store with a tiny flathead. i thought that would be a good sub in case you can't get a dental pick.
Old 06-10-2005, 04:05 PM

I've ordered the dental picks, so we should be covered there. I figure since I don't have jack stands or a place to do the mod, it's the least I could offer
Old 06-13-2005, 08:22 AM

I got a set of Craftsman picks on Friday also, so it'll be good that we have more than one set. If anyone would like to bring refreshments and snacks, that'd be great too. I'll try to have some around also, but in between helping friends move, shop for cars, planning for weddings and stuff, I haven't much time for stuff (haven't even gone shopping for food in 3 weeks).
Old 06-13-2005, 08:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Funny story...

I went to a Hond dealership this weekend to buy diff/tranny fluids. As I pull in to the customer service area there seemed to be a big car tent sale and as soon as I stepped out of the car a salesman approached me...

"Hey man....what did you do to your car?".... I was cautious cause I don't like to talk about my car too much with people I don't know. (had 2 cars stollen that were heavily modded).

Anyways to make a long story short....after a sequence of 6-8 questions he started picking my brain about what I had to say about the clutch and if I'd replaced or upgraded it.

He proceeded to tell me his stories of how he races civics/integras/rsx's down in Tiajuana (where he lives) in his new 05 and that his clutch is slipping and can't figure it out....

I schooled him on the mod and his face lit up like a kid in a candy store....

He has an 05 GPW S and has joined the S2ki community....

I'm going to walk him through the mod next weekend....
Old 06-13-2005, 11:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thank you again for helping us all with the slave delay mod. i was going to get an ap1 until you walked me through it.
Old 06-13-2005, 11:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by dyhppy,Jun 13 2005, 11:37 AM
thank you again for helping us all with the slave delay mod. i was going to get an ap1 until you walked me through it.
lot better now?

Quick Reply: Socal help for 04+ clutch delay valve?