California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

So your dating a girl/guy...

Old 06-09-2006, 09:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question So your dating a girl/guy...

I'm sure most, if not everyone, will know what I'm talking about here. So your dating a girl/guy and he/she really likes you. However, you know that he/she once had feelings for this other person and it did not workout for "X" reason(s).

She does not hang out with him/her anymore and is dating you now. Here is the catch, we all know how feelings could come rushing back when you meet the person you use to like. Now the "X" reason(s) that kept them apart might no longer hold and there is a possiblity that he/she may once again fall into the pervious state.

I firmly do not believe it is an insecurity problem, but a REAL issue that requires some thought.

Who knows what I'm talking about or experienced it before?
Old 06-09-2006, 09:49 AM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

You're talking about yourself. Pop her a ring and lock her down.
Old 06-09-2006, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Back-cracker,Jun 9 2006, 09:49 AM
TOO young. Can't go on lockdown yet. It is just an issue that bugs because there is no control over it.

I think I answered my own question

-Jeff
Old 06-09-2006, 09:53 AM
beb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Back-cracker,Jun 9 2006, 10:49 AM
Woah. lol.

Id have a talk with the person and if it was apparant that they would return to the other person--Id end it.

But you gotta realize that although this person may have had strong feelings before--they could be gone for good by now.

*shrug*

I hope u figure things out. Best of luck to ya!
Old 06-09-2006, 09:55 AM

BTW - REMEMBER that dramatic thread about my situation a while ago?

You'll never guess what happened
Old 06-09-2006, 09:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would need to know that x reason to help you with your problems. I guess it depends on how much interest she has in you and how bad the break up was between her and that other dude.

If you are really unsure about this chick, stay friends then. Plenty of girls out there .

Good luck!
Old 06-09-2006, 09:58 AM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

If she is prone to going back, still having feelings, then you're a temp. rebound for her. Nothing more. Rebounds can last for time. Enjoy what you got, and terminate it.

Living in fear, and doubts is stressful.

BC
Old 06-09-2006, 10:02 AM
Banned

I think what you should do is act like you don't give a $h*t and don't call her.... let her call you.... and in the mean time you go add more numbers to your list (you know what list I am talking about)

It is a win/ win situation... if she ends up going back to "X" then you are better off cuz she really didn't like you any way.

However, If she comes back to you then you win there too cuz you get that glowing feeling back in your stomach..... you know, that feeling you used to get when you were a kid right before riding a ride at Disneyland. Except in this case it is a different kind of ride

All I have to say is don't get in to the situation I did and become someones emotional ping pong ball
Old 06-09-2006, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by SS2000GT,Jun 9 2006, 10:02 AM
I think what you should do is act like you don't give a $h*t and don't call her.... let her call you.... and in the mean time you go add more numbers to your list (you know what list I am talking about)

It is a win/ win situation... if she ends up going back to "X" then you are better off cuz she really didn't like you any way.

However, If she comes back to you then you win there too cuz you get that glowing feeling back in your stomach..... you know, that feeling you used to get when you were a kid right before riding a ride at Disneyland. Except in this case it is a different kind of ride

All I have to say is don't get in to the situation I did and become someones emotional ping pong ball
Dude I remember reading your thread. It sounded like your relationship was serious too (I only say so cause she was living w/ you). Everything cool now?
Old 06-09-2006, 10:05 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,291 Likes on 996 Posts

There is a letter in this month's Playboy that addresses this exact issue. The reply, which I agree with, is let her work it out with the other guy (I agree with BC, it's you) first. Give her some space. If she's really over him, she'll tell you (unless she's lying). If she's not, you don't need it.

Quick Reply: So your dating a girl/guy...