California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

so i think ill need to replace my wheel hub

Old 06-10-2011, 02:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so i think ill need to replace my wheel hub

Hey guys

so this metal marbles noise is getting pretty bad and i figure ill just replace the whole hub now to keep it from coming back (instead of just tightening the axle nut)- going to try to tighten the nut on monday but im almost positive its not going to fix the sound/ problem

is there anyone who can point me in the right direction to get the minimum amount of parts ill need to replace it...

and is there anyone who has the tools/ can help me do it or do it for me? Youll get an awesome lunch or dinner!!

thanks in advance!
Old 06-10-2011, 02:20 PM

when are you getting the noise? I think i need to get a new axle nut because i have a weird sound when taking off from a start most of the time lol
Old 06-10-2011, 02:51 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

You won't be able to do it yourself unless you have a tool to press the bearings. Refer here for local mechanics

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/845...acks-services/
Old 06-10-2011, 03:22 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AdeJong03
Hey guys

so this metal marbles noise is getting pretty bad and i figure ill just replace the whole hub now to keep it from coming back (instead of just tightening the axle nut)- going to try to tighten the nut on monday but im almost positive its not going to fix the sound/ problem

is there anyone who can point me in the right direction to get the minimum amount of parts ill need to replace it...

and is there anyone who has the tools/ can help me do it or do it for me? Youll get an awesome lunch or dinner!!

thanks in advance!

Got a Press?

EDIT> BC covered that it seems.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

or finding a part out and replacing the whole hub assembly. i picked mine up locally for like 50 bucks. at this point the only tools you'll need is a ball joint remover (i think thats what its called).
Old 06-10-2011, 09:17 PM

65$ at harbor freight

I have a ball joint remover if you need one, but the an easy way to get it out is just use a nice heave deadblow mallet. You hit the side of the control arm where the ball joint is inserted so that the metal compresses and squeezes the conical ball joint out.

|/ \| control arm - hit the flat side of the control arm and it will push the ball joint out
/ \ ball joint
Old 06-12-2011, 02:30 AM

looks like ill be checking out ballade sports early next week due to local recommendation. ill update to see how it goes

thanks for your input guys!
Old 06-12-2011, 03:41 PM

i can order you the part at rock honda.. then you can decide if you want to have your friend do the install or have one of our techs do it. i have a few that i use for my car and friends cars. some of the guys dont mind doing the work under the table for you at a discount rate. all parts i can get you are brand new OEM.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:08 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by the s2k dude
i can order you the part at rock honda.. then you can decide if you want to have your friend do the install or have one of our techs do it. i have a few that i use for my car and friends cars. some of the guys dont mind doing the work under the table for you at a discount rate. all parts i can get you are brand new OEM.
You know the pierceys lurk this board right?
Old 06-13-2011, 08:53 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by spunkysandoval

65$ at harbor freight

I have a ball joint remover if you need one, but the an easy way to get it out is just use a nice heave deadblow mallet. You hit the side of the control arm where the ball joint is inserted so that the metal compresses and squeezes the conical ball joint out.

|/ \| control arm - hit the flat side of the control arm and it will push the ball joint out
/ \ ball joint
Good advice/info there.

Quick Reply: so i think ill need to replace my wheel hub